- Volume 22 Issue 4
Economic Analysis of Landfill Gas Recycling Considering Environmental Benefit
환경편익을 고려한 매립가스 자원화 사업의 경제성분석
- Kim, Young-Jun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School of Kyung Hee University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Yeon (Environmental Management Corporation) ;
- Koo, June-Mo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Kang, Yong-Tae (School of Mechanical Engineering, Kyung Hee University)
- Received : 2009.10.13
- Published : 2010.04.10
The objectives of this study are to analyze the possibility of the landfill gas recycling for the middle and small scale landfills where the recycling facilities are not installed in Korea. It was found that the power generation plants by landfill gas were installed in domestic 15 landfills and the gas engine generation was adopted in 14 places. As the result of economic analysis, the landfill gas recycling is found to be available in 12 places and CERs of 153,693
Supported by : 경희대학교
- Chung, J. D., Kim, J. W., Kim, J. T., and Han, J. M., 2007, A study on the measurement and prediction of greenhouse gas generated from middle and small scale landfill, Journal of Korean Solid Wastes Engineering Society, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 569-579.
- Thorneloe, S. A., 1996, Influence of landfill gas on global climate-Landfilling of waste : Biogas, E&FN SPON, pp. 187-197.
- Hong, S. P., 2008, Estimation of methane generation rate and potential methane generation capacity at Cheongju megalo landfill site based on LandGEM model, Journal of Environmental Health Science, Vol. 34, No. 6, pp. 414-422.
- UNFCCC, 2008, Methodological tool : Tool to determine methane emissions avoided from disposal of waste at a solid waste disposal site, Version 04.
- Ministry of Environment, 2008, Nationwide status of waste generation and disposal.
- IPCC, 2006, IPCC 2006 guidelines for national greenhouse gas inventories.
- Kim, J. W. and Lee, C. S., 2008, A study on rate of returns in engineering projects, Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 74-79.
- UNFCCC, 2009, ACM0001 : Consolidated baseline and monitoring methodology for landfill gas project activities, Version 11.
- UNFCCC, 2008, AMS-III.G. : Landfill methane recovery, Version No. 6.
- UNFCCC, 2007, AMS-I.D. : Grid connected renewable electricity generation, Version 13.
- Kang, M. O. and Lee, S. Y., 2008, The environmental reform and its effect of a subsidy to energy and electric power sector, Korea Environment Institute, pp. 90-91.
- Hlland, M. and Watkiss, P., 2002, Benefits table database : Estimates of the marginal external costs of air pollution in Europe, netcen, BeTa Version E1.02a.
- Kim, M. G., Jung, Y. R., Seo, Y. M, Nam, S. H., and Kwon, Y. J., 2001, Determination of volatile organic compounds emitted from municipal solid waste landfill site by Thermal desorption- Cryofocusing-GC/FID/FPD, Analytical Science and Technology, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 274-285.
- US EPA, 1987, Hazardous waste treatment storage and disposal facilities-air emission models, EPA-450/3-87-026.
- Jang, Y. K., 2000, Estimation of greenhouse gas and non-methane VOC emission by waste landfill, Suwon University, Vol. 15, pp. 397-407.