- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Flash Generation in Two-Color Injection Molding using The Rapid Heat Cycle Molding Technology
금형 급속 가열-냉각이 적용된 이색사출성형의 플래쉬 발생 예측
- Received : 2010.01.18
- Accepted : 2010.02.22
- Published : 2010.06.01
In case of thin-wall two-color injection molding, flashing often occurs when molten polymer flows into small gap at the parting line in mold with high pressure or under the unbalanced clamping force condition. In this study, flashing was examined in the production of thin-wall notebook case with large area when the rapid heat cycle molding (RHCM) technology was applied to the two-color injection molding. The effects of the RHCM technology on the part properties and weld-lines were compared with conventional injection molding. The flashing caused by the clamping device of the two-color injection molding machine was examined and compared by experiments and CAE analyses.
- H. P. Park, B. S. Cha, B. O. Rhee, 2008, Development of Injection Molding for High Printability on Nano Pattern(400nm) using Rapid Mold Heating & Cooling, HyMap 2008, pp. 95-95.
- H. P. Park, B. S. Cha, B. O. Rhee, 2009, Development of Rapid Mold Heating /Cooling Technology to Improve the Surface Defects of Injection Molded Parts, Antec 2009, pp. 2149-2153.
- G. O. Shonaike, etc., 1995, A Preliminary Investigation of Flash Formation During Injection Molding of Polyphenylene Sulfine and Liquid Crystaline Polymer Blends, Poly. Eng. & Sci., Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 240-246. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760350304
- Hiroyuki Higuchi., etc., 2005, Theoretical Model for Flash Generation, Poly. Eng. & Sci., Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 198-206. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.20266
- Hiroyuki Higuchi, Hirofumi Goto, Kiyohito Koyama, 2005, Effect of Processing Conditions on Flash Generation, Poly. Eng. & Sci., Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 238-247. https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.20270
- Shiki Matsuo, etc., 2006, World’s First 3,000 ton Mold Clamping Force Electric Injection Molding Machine, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Technical Review, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 1-6.
- K. Park, J. J. Hwang, O. K. Kwon, J. H. Yun, 2007, Finite Element Analysis of Induction Heating Process for Development of Rapid Mold Heating System, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 113-119. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2007.16.2.113
- K. Park, B. H. Kim, 2006, A Study on Improvement of Flow Characteristics for Thin-Wall Injection Molding by Rapid Mold Heating, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 15-20.  http://www.moldflow.com https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2006.15.1.015
- Deformation Analysis Considering Thermal Expansion of Injection Mold vol.39, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.9.893