- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Analysis of Wave Energy Generation System by Using Multibody Dynamics
다물체 동역학을 이용한 파력발전기의 동적거동 분석
- Jang, Jin-Seok (Graduate School of Mechatronics Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Sohn, Jeong-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2011.05.25
- Accepted : 2011.08.04
- Published : 2011.12.01
This paper discusses an energy system that can convert wave energy into electrical energy. This wave energy generation system is movable and has 12 arms and one generator. A multibody dynamic model for this system is established by using kinematic constraints. A gear mechanism, several kinematic constraints, and force elements are included in the model. Wave forces are obtained numerically from the time domain formulation based on the Morison equation. The MSC/ADAMS program is employed to carry out dynamic analysis of the wave energy generation system. The dynamic behavior responses of this system are analyzed for design verification. According to the results of the dynamic analysis, the yaw motion is relatively stable and kinetic energy sufficient to generate electrical energy is obtained when the wave height exceeds 1m.
Supported by : (주) 그린에너지코리아, 한국과학기술정보연구원
- Jang, J. S. and Sohn, J. H., 2011, "Analysis of Dynamic Behavior of Floating Offshore Wind Turbine System," Trans. of the KSME(A), Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 77-83. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.1.077
- Shin, S.-H. and Hong, K.-Y., 2006, "An Experimental Study of Wave Overtopping Characteristics on the Structure for Wave Overtopping Power Generating System," Jounal of Korean Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 30, No. 8, pp. 649-655. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2006.30.8.649
- MSC/ADAMS User's Guide, 2008, MSC software Corporation, USA
- Dyer, I., Eatock Taylor, R., Newman, J.N. and Price, W.G., 1990, Sea Loads on Ships and Offshore Structure, Cambridge University press, United Kingdom, pp. 174-222.
- Kim, D.G., "Dynamics of Structures," Goomibook, Korea, pp. 671-699.