- Volume 31 Issue 2A
DOI QR Code
Seismic Analysis of Cable-Stayed Bridges using Nonlinear Static Procedures
비선형 정적 해석법을 이용한 사장교의 지진해석
- Received : 2010.09.08
- Accepted : 2011.01.11
- Published : 2011.04.30
Nonlinear static procedures (NSPs) basing on the concept of performance based seismic design have become one of the promising procedures for seismic evaluation of buildings. Although it needs much less computational cost compared to nonlinear time history analysis (NTHA), its usages are limited to simple structures by its inherent restriction to structures wherein the fundamental mode dominates the response. Several new nonlinear static procedures (Modal Pushover Analysis; MPA and Improved Modal Pushover Analysis; IMPA) which can consider higher modes effect were introduced. Nonetheless, its applicability for complex structures such as cable-stayed bridge has not studied yet. This paper focuses on applicability of nonlinear static procedures for the seismic analysis of cable-stayed bridges. Moreover, reliability indexes which can predict analysis procedure's accuracy are introduced.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- 송종걸, 남왕현, 정영화(2005) 횡하중 분포의 영향을 고려한 다경간 교량의 내진성능 평가를 위한 비탄성 정적해석, 대한토목학회논문집, 대한토목학회, 제25권 제6A호, pp. 1163-1176.
- Applied Technology Council. Seismic evaluation and retrofit of concrete buildings-volume 1 (ATC 40) Report No. SSC 96-01. Redwood City (CA), USA, 1996.
- Aydinoglu, M.N. (2003) An incremental response spectrum analysis procedure based on inelastic spectral displacements for multi-mode seismic performance evaluation, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering1, pp. 3-36. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024853326383
- FEMA, NEHRP guidelines for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings (FEMA 273), and NEHRP commentary on the guidelines for the seismic rehabilitation of buildings (FEMA 274). Washington (DC): Building Seismic Safety Council, 1997.
- Chopra, A.K. and Goel, R.K. (2002) A modal pushover analysis procedure for estimating seismic demands for buildings, Earthq. Eng. Struct. Dyn., Vol. 31, pp. 561-582. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.144
- DIANA Finite Element Analysis (2007) Release 9.2, DIANA TNO, BV.
- Kwak, H.G. and Shin D.K. (2009) An improved pushover analysis procedure for multi-mode seismic performance evaluation of bridges : (1) Introduction to numerical model, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 215-238. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2009.33.2.215
- Kwak, H.G. and Shin D.K. (2009) An improved pushover analysis procedure for multi-mode seismic performance evaluation of bridges : (2) Correlation study for verification, Structural Engineering and Mechanics, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp. 239-255. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2009.33.2.239
- Pinho, R., Casarotti, C., and Antoniou, S. (2007) A comparison of single-run pushover analysis techniques for seismic assessment of bridges Earthquake Engng Struct. Dyn., Vol. 36, pp. 1347-1362. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.684