- Volume 9 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Performance of Mobility Models for Routing Protocol in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks
- Singh, Madhusudan (Department of Ubiquitous IT, Division of Computer Information Engineering, Dongseo University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Gon (Division of Computer & Information Engineering, Dongseo University) ;
- Lee, Hoon-Jae (School of Computer and Information Engineering, Dongseo University)
- Received : 2011.09.06
- Accepted : 2011.10.08
- Published : 2011.10.31
Nowadays Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) are a very popular and emerging technology in the world. MANETs helps mobile nodes to communicate with each other anywhere without using infrastructure. For this purpose we need good routing protocols to establish the network between nodes because mobile nodes can change their topology very fast. Mobile node movements are very important features of the routing protocol. They can have a direct effect on the network performance. In this paper, we are going to discuss random walk and random waypoint mobility models and their effects on routing parameters. Previously, mobility models were used to evaluate network performance under the different routing protocols. Therefore, the network performance will be strongly modeled by the nature of the mobility pattern. The routing protocols must rearrange the changes of accurate routes within the order. Thus, the overheads of traffic routing updates are significantly high. For specific network protocols or applications, these mobility patterns have different impacts.
- M. M. Zonoozi and P. Dassanayake, "User mobility modeling and characterization of mobility patterns", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 15, no.7, pp. 1239-1252, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1109/49.622908
- X. Hong, M. Gerla, G. Pei, and C.C.Chiang, "A Group Mobility Model for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks", Proc. The 2nd ACM international workshop on Modeling, analysis and simulation of wireless and mobile systems (MSWiM'1999), pp. 53-60, Aug. 1999.
- Preetha Prabhakaran, Ravi Sankar, "Impact of Realistic Mobility Models on Wireless Networks Performance", Proc. IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMOB'2006), pp. 329-334, Sept. 2006.
- Biao Zhou, Kaixin Xu, Gerla Mario "Group and swarm mobility models for ad hoc network scenarios using virtual tracks", Proc. IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM '04), pp. 289-294, Oct. 2004.
- Tracy Camp, Jeff Boleng, and Vanessa Davies, "A survey of mobility models for ad hoc network research", Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing (WCMC): Special issue on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 483-502, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/wcm.72
- S Gowrishankar, T G Basavaraju, Subir Kumar Sarkar, "Effect of Random Mobility Models Pattern in Mobile", International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS), vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 160-164, 2007.
- Francisco J. Ros, Pedro M. Ruiz and Antonio Gomez-Skarmeta "Performance Evaluation of Interconnection Mechanisms for Ad Hoc Networks across Mobility Models", Journal of Networks, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 9-17, June 2006.
- Murugappan, K. Selvi, V.V, "Veridical Mobility Model for Ad Hoc Network" Proc. International Symposium on Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, (ISAUHC '06), pp. 142-147, 2006.
- Agashe, A.A. Bodhe, S.K, "Performance Evaluation of Mobility Models for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks", Proc. IEEE First International conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology, pp. 172-175, 2008.
- G. Carofiglio, C.F. Chiasserini, M. Garettoy, E. Leonard "Route Stability in MANETs under the Random Direction Mobility Model", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. 8, no. 9, pp. 1167-1179, July 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMC.2009.20
- D. Rajni Girinath, Dr. S.Selvan, "Performance Analysis of Dispersion Mobility Model in Mobile Ad-hoc Networks", International Journal of computer Science and Network Security (IJCSNS), vol. 8, no. 3, 2008.
- Madhusudan Singh, San Gon Lee, Dhananjay Singh, Hoon Jae Lee, "Impact and Performance of Mobility Models in Wireless Ad-hoc Networks". Proc. IEEE The 4th International Conference on Computer Sciences and Convergence Information Technology (ICCIT-09), pp. 139-143, 2009
- Amit Jardosh, Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer, Kevin C. Almeroth, Subhash Suri,"Towards Realistic Mobility Models for Mobile Ad hoc Networks", Proc. ACM The 9th annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking (MobiCom'03), pp. 217 - 229, Sept. 2003.
- Mohd Izuan, Mohd Saad, "Performance Analysis of Random-Based Mobility Models in MANET Routing Protocol", European Journal of Scientific Research, vol. 32, no. 4, June 2009.
- Vaishali D. Khairnar, S. N. Pradhan, "Mobility Models for Vehicular Ad-hoc Network Simulation", International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 11, no. 4, Dec. 2010
- Bhavyesh Divecha, Ajith Abraham, Crina Grosan and Sugata Sanyal, "Impact of Node Mobility on MANET Routing Protocols Models", Journal of Digital Information Management, vol. 5, no. 1, pp.19-24, July 2007.
- N Vetrivelan, Dr. A V Reddy, "Impact and Performance of Analysis of Mobility Models on Stressful Mobile WiMax Environments", International Journal of Computer and Network Security (IJCNS), vol. 2, no. 2, Nov. 2010.