- Volume 7 Issue 2
The purpose of the study is to verify the relations of stability and aggression and level of self-esteem among adolescents. The participants were 306 highschool students in Suncheon, South Jeolla province, including 150 male students and 156 female students. Each participants completed a package of survey by questionnaire for Self-esteem scale, and stability and aggression scale. Followed are the major results; First, there were no gender differences in the level of self-esteem, but there were gender differences; girls were higher than boys in the stability of self-esteem. Second, the lower level of self esteem and the unstability adolescents had, the higher aggression they had. Third, Third, aggression of self-esteem was affected by self-esteem, and the relations between stability of self-esteem and gender. These findings have important implications that the verification of relations of stability and aggression helps self-esteem development for adolescents understand.
Supported by : 중앙대학교
- 노안녕 (1983). 非行靑少年에 있어서 攻擊性과 不安의 減少에 미치는 主張訓練의 效果. 서울대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 백혜정, 황혜정, 김현희 (2005). 초등학생의 문제행동에 영향을 미치는 부모관련 변 인 및 자아관련 변엔에 관한 연구. 한국청소년개발원.
- 심희옥 (1998). 아동후기 초등학생의 우울성향: 일상적 스트레스, 자아존중감 및 사 회적 기술과의 관계. 대한가정학회지, 36(6), 133-144.
- 양종국, 김충기 (2002). 비행청소년의 비행 위험요인 및 보호요인과 재비행간의 관 계. 한국청소년연구, 10(2), 101-121.
- 양현정(2002). 대학생활적응에 영향을 미치는 일상적 스트레스와 자아존중감의 상호 작용효과. 연세대 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 이진화, 전경숙(1995). 연령, 성별, 사회측정적지위에 따른 아동의 자기능력지각과 부모의 책임지각. 대한가정학회지, 33(6), 225-244.
- 이훈진, 원호택(1995). 자기개발과 편집증적 경향. 心理科學, 4(2), 15-29.
- 최은영, 최인령(2002). 청소년 자아존중감과 정신 건강에 관한 연구. 한국학교보건학회지, 15(1), 63-72.
- 한세리(2007). 남녀 학생이 지각한 부모의 양육행동과 학생의 공격성 및 학교 폭력 경험 간의 관계. 이화여자대학교 대학원 석사학위 논문.
- 한종혜(1996). 아동의 사회적 관계망에 따른 역량지각 및 자아존중감. 경희대학교 박사학위 논문.
- Baron, R. A. and Richardson, D. (1994). Human Aggression (2nd ed.). New York: Plenum.
- Baumeister, R. F. Smart, L. & Boden, J. M. (1996). Relation of threatened egotism to violence and aggression: The dark side of shigh self-esteem. Psychological Review, 103, 5-33. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.103.1.5
- Baumeister, R. F. Bushman, B. J.& Campbell, W. K. (2000). Self-esteem, narcissism, and aggression: Does violence result from low self-esteem or from threatened egotism? Current Directions in Psychological Science, 9, 26 -. 29. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8721.00053
- Baumeister, R. F., Campbell, J. D., Krueger, J. I., & Vohs, K. D. (2003). Does high self-esteem cause better performance, interpersonal success, happiness, or healthier lifestyles?. Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 4, 1-44. https://doi.org/10.1111/1529-1006.01431
- Buss, A. H., & Durkee, A. (1957). An inventory for assessing different kinds of hostility. Journal of Consulting Psychology, 21, 343-349. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0046900
- Buss, A. H., & Perry, M. (1992). The aggression questionnaire. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 62, 452-460.
- Crain, R. M.(1996). The influence of age, race, and gender on child and adolescent multidimensional self-concept. In B.A. Bracken (Ed.), Handbook of self-concept: Developmental, social, and clinical considerations(pp. 395-420). New York: Wiley
- Donnellan, M. B., Trzesniewski, K. H., Robins, R. W.,Moffitt, T. E., & Caspi, A. (2005). Low self-esteem is related to aggression, antisocial behavior, and delinquency. Psychological Science, 16, 328 - 335. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.0956-7976.2005.01535.x
- Feingold, A.(1994). Gender differences in persinality: A meta-analysis. Psychological Bulletin, 116, 429-456. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.116.3.429
- Kernis, M. H., Cornell, D. P., Sun, C.R., Berry, A & Harlow, T. (1993). There's more to selr-esteem than whether it is high or low: The importance of stability of self-esteem. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 65, 1190-1204. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.520
- Kernis, M. H., Grannemann, B. D., & Barclay, L. C. (1989). Stability and level of self-esteem as predictors of anger arousal and hostility. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 56, 1013 - 1022. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2063
- Maccoby, E. E, & Jacklin, C. N.(1974). The psychology of sex differences. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press.
- Neiss, M. B., Sedikides, C., & Stevenson, J. (2006). Gentic influences on level and stability of self-esteem. Self and Identity, 5, 247 - 266. https://doi.org/10.1080/15298860600662106
- Roberts, J. E, Shapiro, A. M., & Gambler, S. A. (1999). Level and perceived stability of self-esteem prospectively predict depressive symptoms during psychoeducational group treatment. Brithsh Journal of Clinical Psychology, 38(4), 425-429. https://doi.org/10.1348/014466599162917
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Rosenberg, M. (1985). Self-concept and psychological well-being in adolescence. The development of the self, Academic Press.
- Schoenfeld, C. G. (1988). Blacks and violent crime: A psychoanalytically oriented analsis. Journal of Psychiatry and Law, 16, 269-301. https://doi.org/10.1177/009318538801600206
- Tevendale H. D., DuBois D. L.,Lopez C., & Prindiville, S. L. (1997). Self-Esteem Stability and Early Adolescent Adjustment An Exploratory Study. The journal of Earlly Adolescence, 17(2), 216-237. https://doi.org/10.1177/0272431697017002006
- Toch, H. (1969). Violent men: An inquiry into the psychology of violence. Chicago, IL : Adline publishing.
- Watkin, D.(1978). The development and evaluation of self-esteem measuring instrument. Journal of Consulting Psychology, 44, 171-182.
- Webster, G. D. , Kirkpatrick, L. A. , Nezlek, J. B. , Smith, C. V., & Paddock, E. L. (2007). Different slopes for different folks: Self-esteem instability and gender as moderators of the relationship between self-esteem and attitudinal aggression. Self and Identity, 6(1), 74-94. https://doi.org/10.1080/15298860600920488
- Wylie. (1979). The Self-concept (vol 2). Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press.