- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An in-depth Interview Study to Examine the Performance Status of the Legal Risk Assessment of Musculoskeletal Disorders
근골격계부담작업 유해요인조사 이행 실태 파악을 위한 심층 면담 조사
- Jung, Hwa-Shik (Department of Occupational Therapy, Dongshin University) ;
- Kee, Do-Hyung (Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, In-Seok (Department of Safety Engineering, Hankyong National University) ;
- Park, Jae-Hee (Department of Safety Engineering, Hankyong National University)
- Received : 2010.08.05
- Accepted : 2011.02.17
- Published : 2011.02.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the performance status of the ligal examination of risk factors of musculoskeletal disorders(MSDs). The study was based on in-depth interviews with the persons in charge of the examination in 63 sampled companies, which are various in location, type of industry and size. The interviews were carried out based on detail questions as well as a predefined checklist. The main findings are as follows: 1) More than half of the companies did not properly comply with the laws in performing the examination of MSDs risk factors; 2) In about 60% of the companies, the examination has been carried out by their own persons; 3) 38% of the companies conducting the survey of musculoskeletal symptoms did not diagnosed musculoskeletal symptoms based on the survey; 4) Most companies performed the prevention activities for MSDs such as education/training, stretching, etc.; 5) It was revealed that the 11 high-risk tasks were not considered to be properly defined by the people in the industries, which results in some difficulties such as ambiguity in defining the 11 tasks and unit tasks; 6) The period of the examination of risk factors, classification of periodic and occupational examinations and legalization of employers' obligation for preventing MSDs are considered to be acceptable or desirable, while it was pointed out that regulations for the method of the risk assessment and the person who in charge of the examination need to be modified.
- 노동부, 산업재해 분석, 2004-2008.
- 노동부, 유해요인조사 실시 현황 조사 결과, 2004.
- 산업안전보건연구원, 2007, 근골격계부담작업 유해요인조사 이행실태에 관한 연구, 연구원 2007-124-1055.
- 통계청, 2005년 사업체 기초통계, 2006.
- 한국산업안전보건공단, 근골격계부담작업 유해요인조사 시행 지침 및 작성방법, 2004.
- 노동부, 고시 제2009-56호, 근골격계부담작업의 범위, 2009.