- Volume 15 Issue 2
Comparison between Colour Intensity of Tongue Body and That of Tongue Coat under the Ultraviolet Light in RGB system of Peeling Tongue Coat Image
RGB 컬러모델에서 자외선 조명하 박락태(剝落苔)의 설태와 설질 사이의 색 강도 차이에 관한 연구
- Nam, Dong-Hyun (Department of Biofunctional Medicine and Diagnosis, College of Korean Medicine, Sangji University) ;
- Kim, Ji-Hye (Department of Biofunctional Medicine and Diagnosis, College of Korean Medicine, Sangji University) ;
- Lee, Woo-Beom (Department of Computer Science Engineering, Sangji University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Suk (Department of Oriental Biomedical Engineering, Sangji University) ;
- Hong, You-Sik (Department of Computer Science Engineering, Sangji University)
- 남동현 (상지대학교 한의과대학 진단생기능의학교실) ;
- 김지혜 (상지대학교 한의과대학 진단생기능의학교실) ;
- 이우범 (상지대학교 컴퓨터정보공학부) ;
- 이상석 (상지대학교 한방의료공학과) ;
- 홍유식 (상지대학교 컴퓨터정보공학부)
- Received : 2011.07.14
- Accepted : 2011.08.12
- Published : 2011.08.31
Objectives: The objective of this study is to compare the colour intensity of tongue body and that of tongue coat under the visible light and the ultraviolet light. Methods: We selected 7 subjects with completely or partially peeled tongue coat among the recruited 94 adults for the experiment. We took each tongue picture under the visible light and the ultraviolet light (315-400 nm) and then extracted sample images from the tongue body and tongue coat regions. Mean, median and mode of colour intensity from the sample images were calculated in 256 RGB system. Results: The green and the blue colour intensities of the tongue coats were significantly higher than those of the tongue bodies under the visible light. In all channels, the red, green and blue, the colour intensities of the tongue coats were significantly higher than those of the tongue bodies under the ultraviolet light. The colour differences between tongue coats and tongue bodies under the ultraviolet light were significantly higher than the colour differences under the visible light. Especially the colour difference under the ultraviolet light was highest in the green channel. Conclusions: We suggested that green colour image of the RGB system taken under the ultraviolet light could be used for more easy separating tongue coat region from tongue body.
Supported by : 보건복지부
- 이봉교, 박영배, 김태희. 한방진단학. 서울. 성보사. 1992. 70, 90-91.
- 김보연, 박경모. 디지털 설진 획득 및 관리 시스템의 개발. 대한한의진단학회지. 2002; 6: 65-78.
- 김근호, 유현희, 김종열. 디지털 자동 설진 시스템구축을 위한 설태 인식 알고리즘 기초 연구. 동의생리병리학회지. 2009; 23: 97-103.
- Pang B, Zhang D, Wang K. The bi-elliptical deformable contour and its application to automated tongue segmentation in Chinese medicine. IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2005; 24: 946-956. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMI.2005.850552
- Yamamoto S, Tsumura N, Nakaguchi T, Namiki T, Kasahara Y, Terasawa K, Miyake Y. Regional image analysis of the tongue color spectrum. Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2011; 6: 143-152. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-010-0492-x
- Yamamoto S, Tsumura N, Nakaguchi T, Namiki T, Kasahara Y, Ogawa-Ochiai K, Terasawa K, Miyake Y. Principal component vector rotation of the tongue color spectrum to predict "Mibyou" (disease-oriented state). Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2011; 6: 209-215.
- Kim J, Jung Y, Park K, Park JW. A digital tongue imaging system for tongue coating evaluation in patients with oral malodour. Oral Dis. 2009; 15: 565-569. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1601-0825.2009.01592.x
- 정용재, 김진성, 오승환, 한가진, 김유승, 홍인아, 박영선, 박재우, 박경모, 류봉하. 디지털 설진기를 이용한 구취군과 비구취군 간의 설태 평가. 대한한의학회지. 2010; 3: 23-29.
- Sarrazin JJ. Tongue cleansing. Dent Pract Dent Rec. 1920; 30: 599.
- Danser MM, Gomez SM, Van der Weijden GA. Tongue coating and tongue brushing: a literature review. Int J Dent Hyg. 2003; 1: 151-158. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1601-5037.2003.00034.x
- Mohammed Salim Ammor. Recent advances in the use of intrinsic fluorescence for bacterial identification and characterization. J Fluoresc. 2007; 17: 455-459. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10895-007-0180-6
- Tomaszewski W. The fluorescence phenomenon of the tongue. Br Med J. 1951; 1: 117-120. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.1.4698.117
- Fiorotti RC, Nicola JH, Nicola EM. Native fluorescence of oral cavity structures: an experimental study in dogs. Photomed Laser Surg. 2006; 24: 22-28. https://doi.org/10.1089/pho.2006.24.22
- 김지혜, 남동현. 설태의 형광특성 - 설태 형광현상의 발현기전 소개 및 제안. 대한한의진단학회지. 2011; 15: 47-54.
- Gonzalez RC, Woods RE. Digital image processing. 2nd ed. Boston. Addison Wesley. 2002. 416-439.
- Haraszthy VI, Zambon JJ, Sreenivasan PK, Zambon MM, Gerber D, Rego R, Parker C. Identification of oral bacterial species associated with halitosis. J Am Dent Assoc. 2007; 138: 1113-1120. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2007.0325
- Oho T, Yoshida Y, Shimazaki Y, Yamashita Y, Koga T. Characteristics of patients complaining of halitosis and the usefulness of gas chromatography for diagnosing halitosis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2001; 91: 531-534. https://doi.org/10.1067/moe.2001.112543
- Morita M, Wang HL. Association between oral malodor and adult periodontitis: a review. J Clin Periodontol. 2001; 28: 813-819. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-051x.2001.028009813.x
- Creed D. The photophysics and photochemistry of the near-UV absorbing amino acids-III. Cystine and its simple derivatives. Photochem Photobiol. 1984; 39: 577-583.
- Hameka HF, Jensen JO, Ong KK, Samuels AC, Vlahacos CP. Fluorescence of Cysteine and Cystine. J Phys Chem A. 1998; 102: 361-367. https://doi.org/10.1021/jp971631r