- Volume 15 Issue 1
Achilles Tendon Rupture Associated With Ipsilateral Medial Malleolar Fracture (A Case Report)
아킬레스 건 파열과 동반된 동측 족관절 내과 골절(1예 보고)
- Chae, Soo-Uk (Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wonkwang University School of Medicine) ;
- Yang, Jung-Hwan (Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Wonkwang University School of Medicine)
- Received : 2011.01.15
- Accepted : 2011.02.22
- Published : 2011.03.15
Ankle fracture and Achilles tendon rupture are common as an isolated injury. However, Achilles tendon rupture with ipsilateral ankle fracture is uncommon, and occurs by a different injury mechanism with a risk of negligence. We report a case of Achilles tendon rupture with ipsilateral medial malleolar fracture.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- Houshian S, Tscherning T, Riegels-Nielsen P. The epidemiology of Achilles tendon rupture in a Danish county. Injury. 1998; 29:651-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1383(98)00147-8
- Jensen SL, Andresen BK, Mencke S, Nielsen PT. Epidemiology of ankle fractures. A prospective population- based study of 212 cases in Aalborg, Denmark. Acta Orthop Scand. 1998; 69:48-50. https://doi.org/10.3109/17453679809002356
- Barron JL, Yocum LA. Unrecognized Achilles tendon rupture associated with ipsilateral medial malleolar fracture. Am J Sports Med. 1993;21:629-31. https://doi.org/10.1177/036354659302100426
- Leitschuh PH, Zimmerman JP, Uhorchak JM, Arciero RA, Bowser L. Hallux flexion deformity secondary to entrapment of the flexor hallucis longus tendon after fibular fracture. Foot Ankle Int. 1995;16:232-5. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110079501600413
- Martin JW, Thompson GH. Achilles tendon rupture. Occurrence with a closed ankle fracture. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1986;210:216-8.
- Lubin JW, Miller RA, Robinson BJ, Blevins FT. Achilles tendon rupture associated with ankle fracture. Am J Orthop. 2000;29:707-8.
- Pieper HG, Radas CB, Quack G, Krahl H. Mediomalleolar fracture combined with Achilles tendon rupture--a rare simultaneous injury of the ankle. Int J Sports Med. 1998;19: 68-70. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2007-971883
- Assal M, Stern R, Peter R. Fracture of the ankle associated with rupture of the Achilles tendon: case report and review of the literature. J Orthop Trauma. 2002;16:358-61. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005131-200205000-00013
- Maffulli N, Richards PJ. Subcutaneous rupture of the Achilles tendon and ipsilateral fracture of the medial malleolus. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2006;7:59. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-7-59
- Funk JR, Crandall JR, Tourret LJ, et al. The axial injury tolerance of the human foot/ankle complex and the effect of Achilles tension. J Biomech Eng. 2002;124:750-7. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1514675