- Volume 6 Issue 3
In this paper, an optical image hiding technique using real-valued decoding key is proposed. In the embedding process, a each zero-padded original image placed in a quadrants on an input plane is multiplied by a statistically independent random phase pattern and is Fourier transformed. An encoded image is obtained by taking the real-valued data from the Fourier transformed image. And then a phase-encoded pattern, used as a hidden image and a decoding key, is generated by the use of multiple phase wrapping from the encoded images. A transmitted image is made from the linear superposition of the weighted hidden images and a cover image. In reconstruction process, the mirror reconstructed images can be obtained at two quadrants by the inverse-Fourier transform of the product of the transmitted image and the decoding key. Computer simulation and optical experiment are demonstrated in order to confirm the proposed technique.
- B. Javidi and J. L. Horner, "Optical pattern recognition for validation and security verification", Opt. Eng., Vol.33, pp. 1752-1756, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1117/12.170736
- R. K. Wang, I. A. Watson, and C. Chatwin, "Random phase encoding for optical security", Opt. Eng., Vol.35, pp. 2464-2469, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.600849
- P. Refregier and B. Javidi, "Optical image encryption based on input plane and Fourier plane random encoding", Opt. Lett., Vol.20, pp. 767-769, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.20.000767
- B. Javidi, G. Zhang, and Jian Li, "Experimental demonstration of the random phase encoding technique for image encryption and security verification", Opt. Eng., Vol.35, pp. 2506-2512, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.600854
- B. Javidi and E. Ahouzi, "Optical security system with Fourier plane encoding", Appl. Opt., Vol.37, pp. 6247-6255, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.37.006247
- B. Javidi, A. Sergent, G. Zhang, and L. Guibert, "Fault tolerance properties of a double phase encoding encryption technique", Opt. Eng. Vol.36, pp. 992-998, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.601144
- B. Javidi, A. Sergent, and E. Ahouzi, "Performance of double phase encoding encryption technique using binarized encrypted images", Opt. Eng., Vol.37, pp. 565-570, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1117/1.601645
- B. Wang, C. C. Sun, W. C. Su, and A. E. T. Chiou, "Shift-tolerance property of an optical double-random phase-encoding encryption system", Appl. Opt., Vol.39, ,pp 4788-4793, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.39.004788
- J. Ohtsubo and A. Fujimoto, "Practical image encryption and decryption by phase-coding technique for optical security systems", Appl. Opt., Vol.41, pp. 4848-4855, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1364/AO.41.004848
- A. Loussert, A. Alfalou, R. El Sawada, and A. Alkholidi, "Enhanced System for image's compression and encryption by addition of biometric characteristics", IJSEIA, Vol.2, No.2, pp. 111-118, 2007.
- C. M. Shin, D. H. Seo, and S. J. Kim, "Optical security system using multi-phase separation and phase-wrapping technique", Journal of IEEK, Vol.42, No.6, pp.31-38, 2005.