- Volume 28 Issue 5
Development of a New Gerotor for Oil Pumps with Multiple Profiles(Ellipse1, Involute and Ellipse2)
타원 1-인벌루트-타원 2 형상을 조합한 새로운 형 제로터 개발
- Jung, Sung-Yuen (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Moon-Saeng (School of Mechanical Engineering, Pusan National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chul (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan National Univ.)
- Received : 2010.11.08
- Accepted : 2011.01.28
- Published : 2011.05.01
An internal lobe pump is suitable for oil hydraulics of machine tools, automotive engines, compressors, constructions and other various applications. In particular, the pump is an essential machine element of an automotive engine to feed lubricant oil. The subject of this paper is the theoretical analysis of internal lobe pump whose the main components are the rotors: usually the outer one is characterized by lobe with multiple profile(ellipse1, involute and ellipse2) shapes, while the inner rotor profile is determined as conjugate to the other. Also, the design of outer rotor depends on new applications with removing carryover phenomenon. The system generates new lobe profile and calculates automatically the flow rate and flow rate irregularity according to the lobe profile generated. In order to obtain rotor shapes in performance and to find optimize the design parameters, a Taguchi method is proposed in this paper. Results obtained from the analysis enable the designer and manufacturer of oil pump to be more efficient in this field.
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Colbourne, J. R., "Gear Shape and Theoretical Flow Rate in Internal Gear Pumps," Transactions of the CSME, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 215-223, 1975.
- Saegusa, Y., Urashima, K., Sugimoto, M., Onoda, M. and Koiso, T., "Development of Oil-Pump Rotors with a Trochoidal Tooth Shape," SAE Paper, No. 840454, 1984.
- Tsay, C. B. and Yu, C. Y., "Mathematical Model for the Profile of Gerotor Pumps," J. CSME, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 41-47, 1989.
- Yu, C. Y. and Tsay, C. B., "The Mathematical Model of Gerotor Pump Applicable to Its Characteristic Study," J. CSME, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 385-391, 1990.
- Lee, S. C. and Lee, S. N., "Design and Analysis of Gerotor for Hydraulic Motors," Journal of KSTLE, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 63-70, 1995.
- Mimmi, G. C. and Pennacchi, P. E., "Involute Gear Pumps Versus Lobe Pumps: A Comparison," J. of Mechanical Design, Vol. 119, No. 4, pp. 458-465, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2826390
- Kim, C. H., Kim, D. I., Ahn, H. S. and Chong, T. H., "Analysis of Tooth Contact Stress of Gerotor Hydraulic Motors," J. of KSTLE, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 164-170, 1999.
- Kim, J. H. and Kim, C., "Development of an Integrated System of Automated Design of Gerotor Oil Pump," J. of KSPE Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 88-96, 2006.
- Kim, J. H., Kim, C. and Chang, Y. J., "Optimum Design on Lobe Shapes of Gerotor Oil Pump," J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 20, No. 9, pp. 1390-1398, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02915962
- Chang, Y. J., Kim, J. H., Jeon, C. H., Kim, C. and Jung, S. Y., "Development of an Integrated System for the Automated Design of a Gerotor Oil Pump," J. of Mechanical Design, Vol. 129, No. 10, pp. 1099-1105, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2757629
- Colbourne, J. R., "The Geometry of Involute Gears," Springer, pp. 24-44, 1987.