- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Principals' Transformational Leadership on Efficacy of Teachers in Day Care Centers: A Focus on the Mediating Effect of Collective Efficacy of Teachers
시설장의 변혁적 리더십이 보육교사의 교사효능감에 미치는 영향: 보육교사의 집단적 효능감의 매개효과를 중심으로
- Choi, In-Suk (Dept. of Family Welfare, Sangmyung University) ;
- Sung, Mi-Young (Dept. of Child Studies, Seokyeong University)
- Received : 2011.07.11
- Accepted : 2011.08.18
- Published : 2011.08.31
This study examined the relationships among principals' transformational leadership, collective efficacy and efficacy of teachers based on the survey data from 196 teachers working in day care centers in the Incheon and Gyeonggi-do areas. These valuables were all measured by teachers. The collected data were analyzed by Simple Regression and Hierarchical Multiple Regression. The main results of this study were as follows. First, principals' transformational leadership had positive effects on collective efficacy and efficacy of teachers. Second, collective efficacy of teachers had a positive influence on efficacy of teachers. Finally, the effects of principals' leadership on efficacy of teachers was totally mediated by collective efficacy of teachers. Most importantly, the collective efficacy of teachers totally mediated the positive relation between principals' leadership and the individual efficacy of teachers.
- 강종수. (2010). 보육시설장의 변혁적 리더십과 보육교사의 임파워먼트 및 조직시민행동 간의 인과모형 연구. 한국영유아보육학, 61(2), 153-173.
- 권기남, 민하영. (2009). 유아교육기관 시설장의 변혁적 리더십과 거래적 리더십, 교사의 주관적 삶의 질 및 조직헌신 간의 관계. 한국생활과학회지, 16(4), 857- 867.
- 김아영, 김미진. (2004). 교사효능감 척도 타당화. 교육심리연구, 18(1), 37-58.
- 김희진, 이분려. (1999). 유아 교사의 교사 효능감에 영향을 주는 교사 내 . 외적 요인에 대한 연구. 한국교원교육연구, 16(1), 161-181.
- 보건복지부. (2011). 보육통계. 서울: 보건복지부.
- 신은수. (2000). 놀이에 대한 교사효능감이 교사와 유아의 상호작용과 유아 놀이 발달에 미치는 영향. 유아교육연구, 20(1), 27-42.
- 신혜영, 이은해. (2005). 어린이집 교사의 직무 스트레스와 효능감이 교사 행동의 질에 미치는 영향. 아동학회지, 26(5), 105-121.
- 안선희. (2005). 유아교사의 개인적 교사효능감과 집단적 교사효능감과의 관계. 미래유아교육학회지, 12(4), 147-163.
- 유희정, 이미화. (2004). 보육교사의 근무환경 및 직무실태 분석. 서울: 한국여성개발원.
- 이명환. (2009). 유아교육기관 원장의 리더십유형이 교사의 조직몰입과 직무만족에 미치는 영향. 교육의 이론과 실천, 14(2), 55-78.
- 이숙, 오선영. (1998). 보육시설의 질에 따른 유아의 사회적 능력. 대한가정학회지, 36(4), 189-198.
- 이인회. (2010). 교사의 직무만족에 영향을 미치는 학교 조직 변인의 구조적 관계. 교육행정학연구, 29(2), 81-102.
- 조성연. (2005). 보육교사의 직무만족도와 소진. 한국생활과학회지, 14(1), 69-79.
- Allinder, R. M. (1994). The relationship between efficacy and the instructional practices of special education teachers and consultants. Teacher Education and Special Education, 17, 86-95. https://doi.org/10.1177/088840649401700203
- Ashton, P. T., & Webb, R. B., (1986). Making a difference: Teachers' sense of efficacy and student achievement. NY: Longman.
- Bandura, A. (1997). Self-efficacy: The exercise of control. NY: W. H. Freeman & Company.
- Baron, R., & Kenny, D. A. (1986). The moderatormediator distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51, 1173-1182. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- Bass, B. M. (1985). Leadership and performance beyond expectations. NY: Free Press.
- Burley, W. W., Hall, B. W., Villeme, M. G., & Brockmeier, L. L. (1991). A path analysis of the mediating role of efficacy in first-year teachers' experiences, reactions, and plans. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, Chicago, IL.
- Burns, J. M. (1978). Leadership. NY: Harper & Row.
- K., Altmaier, E., & Russell, D. (1992). Causal attributions, self-efficacy cognitions, and coping with stress. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology, 11, 377-400. https://doi.org/10.1521/jscp.19188.8.131.527
- Dee, J. R., Henkin, A. B., & Singleton, C. A. (2004). Organizational commitment of teachers in urban schools: Examining the effects of team structures. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, San Diego, CA.
- Ghazvini, A., & Mullis, R. L. (2002). Center-based care for young children: Examining predictors of quality. The Journal of Genetic Psychology, 163, 112-125. https://doi.org/10.1080/00221320209597972
- Goddard, R. D., Hoy, W. K., & Woolfolk Hoy, A. (2000). Collective teacher efficacy: Its meaning, measure, and impact on student achievement. American Educational Research Journal, 37, 479-508. https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312037002479
- Goddard, R. D., Hoy, W. K., & Woolfolk Hoy, A. (2004). Collective efficacy: Theoretical developments, empirical evidence, and future directions. Educational Researcher, 33, 3-13.
- Klassen, R. M., Usher, E. L., & Bong, M. (2010). Teachers' collective efficacy, job satisfaction, and job stress in cross-cultural context. The Journal of Experimental Education, 78, 464-486. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220970903292975
- Leithwood, K., Jantzi, D., & Steinbach, R. (1999). Changing leadership for changing times. Buckingham: Open University Press.
- Phillips, D., Howes, C., & Whitebook, M. (1991). Child care as an adult work environment. Journal of Social Issues, 47, 49-70. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-4560.1991.tb00287.x
- Phillips, D., McCartney, K., & Scarr, S., (1987). Child care quality and children's social development. Developmental Psychology, 23, 537-543. https://doi.org/10.1037/0012-16184.108.40.2067
- Ross, J. A. (1992). Teacher efficacy and the effect of coaching on student achievement. Canadian Journal of Education, 17, 51-65. https://doi.org/10.2307/1495395
- Ross, J. A., & Gray, P. (2006). Transformational leadership and teacher commitment to organizational values: The mediating effects of collective teacher efficacy. School Effectiveness and School Improvement, 17, 179-199. https://doi.org/10.1080/09243450600565795
- Scarr, S., Eisenberg, M., & Deater-Deckard, K. (1994). Measurement of quality in child care centers. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 9, 131-151. https://doi.org/10.1016/0885-2006(94)90002-7
- Seltzer, J., Numerof, R. E., & Bass, B. M. (1989). Transformational leadership: Is it a source of more or less burnout or stress? Journal of Health and Human Resources Administration, 12, 174-185.
- Shamir, B., Breinin, E., Zakay, E., & Popper, M. (2000). Leadership and social identification in military units: Direct and indirect effects. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 30(3), 612-640. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2000.tb02499.x
- Skaalvik, E., & Skaalvik, S. (2007). Dimensions of teacher self-efficacy and relation with strain factors, perceived collective teacher efficacy, and teacher burnout. Journal of Educational Psychology, 99, 611-625. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06220.127.116.111
- Sosik, J. J., & Godshalk, V. M. (2000). Leadership styles, mentoring functions received, and job related stress: A conceptual model and preliminary study. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 21, 365-390. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1379(200006)21:4<365::AID-JOB14>3.0.CO;2-H
- Ware, H., & Kitsantas, A. (2007). Teacher and collective efficacy beliefs as predictors of professional commitment. The Journal of Educational Research, 100, 303-310. https://doi.org/10.3200/JOER.100.5.303-310
- Woolfolk, A. E., Rosoff, B., & Hoy, W. K. (1990). Teachers' sense of efficacy and their beliefs about managing students. Teaching and Teacher Education, 6, 137-148. https://doi.org/10.1016/0742-051X(90)90031-Y
- Mediating Effect of Role Conflict of Teachers on the Relationship Between Supervisors' Transformational Leadership and Burnout in Childcare Centers Teachers vol.26, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2017.26.5.393