- Volume 14 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Comparative of Ground Stress with Difference of the Fixed Point Loading and Moving Wheel Loading
모형실험을 통한 고정 및 이동하중 재하 방법에 따른 노반 변형거동 비교
- Received : 2010.11.03
- Accepted : 2010.12.20
- Published : 2011.02.26
In this paper, it was compared the characteristics of the stress and settlement that occur from a track on the ground using a model test and has quantitatively analyzed the difference based on stress path and effect of the rotation of principal stress. Under identical roadbed conditions, the settlement generated by moving wheel loads were found to be 6 times and 3 times larger than that from static loads and cyclic loads, respectively. The deviator stress affecting shear deformation and the length of stress path generated by moving loads were twofold or greater increase than those by static loads. Furthermore, the stress path generated by moving loads was approached more closely to Mohr-Coulomb failure criteria compared to that by static loads. Also, it was found that ballasted track was occurred about 60% of maximum stress at
- C.Y. Choi (2008) Prediction of Plastic settlement for railway roadbed under Moving single Wheel Load, Ph D thesis, Dept. of Civil and Environmental System Engre., University of Incheon, Incheon, South Korea (In Korea).
- S.F. Brown, B.V. Brodrick (1999) 25year's experience with the pilot-scale Nottingham Pavement Test Facility, Proc. Int. Conf. on Accelerated Pavement Testing. Reno, NV.
- S.K. Hwang, S.H. Lee, C.Y. Choi (2002) Characteristics of Displacement of the Reinforced Roadbed Material with Cycle loading, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 5(2) pp. 83-89 (In Korea).
- R.H. Ledbetter (1977) General deformation(elastic and inelastic) and stress distribution theory in soils, Technical Report S-77-10, Soils and Pavements Laboratory, US Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Vicksburg, Mississippi, 117 pages.
- S. Momoya, E. Sekine, F. Tatsuoka (2005) Deformation characteristics of Railway Roadbed and Subgrade under Moving Wheel Load, Japanese Geotechnical Society(JGS), Soil and Foundations, 45(4), 99-118.
- C.L. Monismith, N. Ogawa, C.R. Freeme (1975) A Permanent Deformation Characteristics of Subgrade Soils due to Repeated Loading, Transportation Research Record 537, Washington D.C., TRB, pp. 1-17.
- R.K.S. Wong, J.R.F. Arthur (1986) Sand Shear by Stresses with Cycli Variations in Direction, Geotechnique, 36(2), pp. 215-226. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19184.108.40.206
- D.M. Wood (1982) Laboratory Investigations of the Behavior of Soils under Cyclic Loading: A Review. Soil Mechanics-Transient and Cycle Loads, G.N. Pance and O.C. Zienkiewicz, edi., John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York, NY, pp. 513-582.
- J.W. Pappin (1979) Characteristics of granular material for pavement analysis, PhD thesis, Dept. of Civil Engineering, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, England.
- B. Shackel (1973) Repeated Loading of Soils, Australian Road Research, 5(3), pp. 22-49.
- E. Tutumluer (2005) Stress Rotations Due to Moving Wheel Loads and Their Effects on Pavement Materials Characterization, OMP Brown Bag Seminar Presentation, June.