- Volume 14 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Systemization Setting of Various Improvement Plans in Railway Bridges
철도교량에서 다양한 개량계획의 체계화 설정
- Received : 2011.03.21
- Accepted : 2011.06.20
- Published : 2011.08.26
Existing railway bridges have been going through various improvements since the past, with new improvement plans being formed based on social and technological demands. However, there is the need, above all, for an efficient execution plan due to the great number of sites and excessive amount of required expenses contrary to limited assets. The system itself must be held in question in order to systemize various improvement plans, to define and describe factors while utilizing evaluation methods for significance and correlation to achieve generalization. This paper is focused on determining the priority of various improvement plans through the optimization selection process of mutually evaluating alternative plans under various evaluation standards, thus corresponding to the decision-making purpose. The AHP analysis technique was applied for systemization setting and preference evaluation, while the HPT procedure was applied to develop and select appropriate improvement plan factors.
- Minister of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2009) Railway Construction Rule.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2006) Handbook of Railway Facilities Management.
- S.W. Park, Y.C. Suh, C.G. Chung (2008) Development of Prediction Method for Highway Pavement Condition, Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, 10(3), pp. 199-208.
- J.H. Lee, M.J. Park, J.H. Kim (2008) Rehabilitation Priority Decision Model for Sewer Systems, Journal of the Korean society of hazard mitigation, 8(6), pp. 7-14.
- E.K. Park, T.K. Park (2005) A Study on the Establishment of a Model and Criteria for Priority of Road Maintenance using an Analytic Hierarch Process, Proceedings of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 25(1), pp. 383-386.
- Y.C. Suh, J.B, Kim, K.Y. Jung (2000) Development of the Main Algorithm of Pavement Management System for the Korea Expressway System, Proceedings of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, 25(1), pp. 133-138.
- S.T. Oh, D.J. Lee, J.H. Lee (2010) A Condition Rating Method of Bridges using an Artificial Neural Network Model, Journal of the Korean society for railway, 13(1), pp. 71-77.
- Y.S. Lee, K.R. Kwon, J.O. Kim, H.C. Kim (2009) Estimation for Failure Rate of Railway Power Facility and Determination of Maintenance Priority Order using Fuzzy Theory and Expert System, Proceedings of the Korean society for railway, pp. 495-504.
- Jose Holguin-Veras (1995) Comparative Assessment of AHP and MAV in Highway Planning, Journal of Transportation Engineering, 121(2), pp. 191-200. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-947X(1995)121:2(191)
- F. Mistree, W.F. Smith, B.A. Bras (1993) A Decision-Based Approach to Concurrent Engineering, Chapman & Hall.
- T.L. Satty (1980) The Analytic Hierarchy Process, McGrawHill.
- J.H. Baek, S.B. Chung, K.H. Song, D.S. Kim (2005) Development of the Feasibility Evaluation Model for the Adding New Railroad Station using AHP Technique, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 25(3D), pp. 385-393.
- E.H. Forman, M.A. Selly (1999) Decision by Objectives(How to convince others that you are right), World Scientific.
- J.G. Yoon (1990) Application of AHP and its Limitation, Journal of Management & Economy, Catholic University of Daegu, 7, pp. 75-92.
- R.F. Mager, P. Pipe (1984) Analyzing Performance Problems (2nd ed.), Belmont, CA: Pitman.
- H. Stolovitch, E. Keeps (1999) Handbook of Human Performance Technology (2nd ed.), San Francisco: Jossey-Bass-Pfeiffer.
- T. Gilbert (1996) Human Competence: Engineering Worthy Performance, McGraw-Hill.
- J.S Jung (2000) Understanding of Human Performance Technology - Tools for Reengineering, Kyoyook Books.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2007) A Study on Scientific Determination of Maintenance Cost for Railway Facilities.
- Minister of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2010) Handbook of Railway.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation (2006) Master Plan for the Railway Industry Development.
- Minister of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2010) Comprehensive Plan for Rail Safety.
- Korea Railroad Corporation (2008) Status of Railway Facilities.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2006) A Study on Seismic-Performance Evaluation and Reinforcement Method for Existing Railway Structures.
- K.H. Song, S.Y. Hong, S.B. Chung, K.S. Chun (2002) Development of Analytic Hierarchy Process or Solving Dependence Relation between Multicriteria, Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 20(7), pp. 15-22.