- Volume 14 Issue 4
In this paper, as a follow-up PRT studies of "J. Lee & K. Kim", in terms of public transportation systems, economic feasibility of PRT systems was investigated. Based on previous studies, PRT demand was estimated and the required number of PRT vehicles has been calculated and the benefit was estimated. To ensure the economic feasibility, construction cost of a PRT system should be the level of 8 billion won per km, and the annual operating costs of the PRT system construction should be approximately 4.63% level. As a result, how much to reduce PRT construction costs, depending on whether decisions are considered to be economically feasible. Thus, PRT technology development will be conducted by targeting the most lightweight and by minimizing the infrastructure and vehicles of PRT.
- J. Lee, K. Kim (2009) A Study on the Possibilities of PRT Applications, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(4), pp. 526-534.
- J. Lee, K. Kim (2011) PRT Application Study Using Corridor Analysis; Focused on Nan-Gok Area, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 14(3), pp. 188-193. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.2.188
- J. Lee, K. Shin (2007) A Configuration of the Apparatus for the Development of the Collision Avoidance Algorithm of PRT, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 10(3), pp. 337-342.
- J. Lee, D. Shin, Y. Kim (2005) A Study on the Headway of the Personal Rapid Transit System, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 8(6), pp. 586-591.
- The Korea Transport Institute (2007) The Evaluation Study on the Socio-economic Value of Railroad.
- The Korea Railroad Research Institute (2006) Next generation Advanced Urban Railway System Technology Development Project (1st Edition)
- The Korea Railroad Research Institute (2002) Planning & Research for PRT System as a News Transport system.
- Univ. of Washington, Bellevue PRT Study, http://faculty.washington. edu/jbs/itrans/belvue.html
- Innovation Trans. Technologies web, http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans
- PRT-based Sustainable Suburb Silver Bullet Concept: http://www.cities21.org/library.html
- Example suburban franchising strategy: http://www.cities21.org/franchise.html
- A Study on the Durability and Running Stability Evaluation of the Korean PRT vol.22, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2014.22.5.050
- A Study on Design Specifications and Evaluation of Structural Strength for PRT vol.21, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2013.21.4.144
- Evaluation of Dynamic Behavior of Rail Joints on Personal Rapid Transit Track vol.31, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2016.31.5.89