- Volume 40 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Solid Fat Index and Triacylglycerol Composition of the Blends from Natural Vegetable Fats and Palm Stearin Fraction
천연 식물고체지와 팜스테아린 분별유 혼합물의 Solid Fat Index 및 Triacylglycerol 조성 비교
- Sung, Min-Hye (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Hong, Soon-Taek (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Ki-Teak (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2011.05.20
- Accepted : 2011.09.23
- Published : 2011.10.31
Palmitoyl-oleoyl-oleoyl (POO) and palmitoyl-oleoyl-palmitoyl triacylglycerol rich fraction (PSL) was obtained from the acetone fractionation of palm stearin. The fatty acid composition (total and positional), tri-acylglycerol species, and solid fat index (SFI) were compared among the blends of natural vegetable fats (sal fat, illipe fat, kokum fat, shea stearin fat, and shea butter) and PSL with different ratios (50:50, 60:40, 65:35, 70:30). In total fatty acid composition of PSL, palmitic, oleic, and linoleic acids were the major fatty acids, whereas in natural vegetable fats stearic and palmitic acids were the major fatty acids. Moreover, oleic acid was a major fatty acid at sn-2 position in sal fat, illipe fat, and kokum fat. The TAG species was analyzed by reversed-phase HPLC, from which the PN value ranged from 46 to 54. When natural vegetable fats and PSL were blended with different ratios, decreasing the amount of PSL resulted in increasing SFI in most cases. Among blends, the SFI of sal fat and PSL were most similar to commercial cocoa butter equivalent (CBE).
- Undurraga D, Markovits A, Erazo S. 2001. Cocoa butter equivalent through enzymic interesterification of palm oil midfraction. Process Biochem 36: 933-939. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-9592(00)00260-0
Saldanaa MDA, Mohamed RS, Mazzafera P. 2002. Extraction of cocoa butter from Brazillian cocoa beans using supercritical
$CO_2$and ethane. Fluid Phase Equilibr 194-197: 885-894. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3812(01)00719-1
- Segalla SD, Artzb WE, Raslana DS, Ferraza VP, Takahashia JA. 2005. Analysis of triacylglycerol isomers in malaysian cocoa butter using HPLC-mass spectrometry. Food Res Int 38: 167-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2004.09.008
- Ciftcia ON, Padiloglu S, Gogusa F. 2009. Conversion of olive pomance oil to cocoa butter-like fat in a packed-bed enzyme reactor. Biores Technol 100: 324-329. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2008.05.035
- Lipp M, Simoneau C, Ulberth F, Anklam E, Crews C, Brereton P, Greyt WD, Schwack W, Wiedmaier C. 2001. Composition of genuine cocoa butter and cocoa butter equivalents. J Food Compos Anal 14: 399-408. https://doi.org/10.1006/jfca.2000.0984
- Choi US, Ahn BG, Kwon OK, Chun YJ. 1997. Tribological behavior of some antiwear additives in vegetable oils. Tribol Int 30: 677-683. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-679X(97)00039-X
- Chong CL. 1993. Chemical and physical properties of palm oil and palm kernel oil. In Selected Readings on Palm Oil and I ts Uses for Palm Oil Familiarization Programme (POFP) . Organizing Committee of POFP, ed. Palm Oil Research Institute of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. p 12-31.
- Undurragaa D, Markovits A, Erazo S. 2001. Cocoa butter equivalent through enzymatic interesterification of palm oil midfraction. Process Biochem 36: 933-939. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-9592(00)00260-0
- Wang HX, Wu H, Ho CT, Weng XC. 2006. Cocoa butter equivalent from enzymatic interesterification of tea seed oil and fatty acid methyl esters. Food Chem 97: 661-665. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2005.04.029
- Sridhar R, Lakshminarayana G, Kaimal TNB. 1991. Modification of selected Indian vegetable fats into cocoa butter substitutes by lipase-catalyzed ester interchange. J Am Oil Chem Soc 68: 726-730. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02662160
- Lipp M, Anklam E. 1998. Review of cocoa butter and alternative fats for use in chocolate-part A. Compositional data. Food Chem 62: 73-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(97)00160-X
- Smith KW. 2001. Cocoa butter and cocoa butter equivalents. In Structured and Modified Lipids. Gunstone FD, ed. Marcel Dekker Ink, New York, NY, USA. p 401-422.
- Shin JA, Sung MH, Lee SM, Son JM, Lee JH, Hong ST, Lee KT. 2011. Optimization of acetone-fractionation for 1-palmitoyl-2-oleoyl-3-oleoyl glycerol and 1-palmitoyl-2-oleoyl-3-palmitoyl glycerol by response surface methodology. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 975-980. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.7.975
- Lee KT, Foglia TA. 2001. Fractionation of menhaden oil and partially hydrogenated menhaden oil: characterization of triacylglycerol fractions. J Am Oil Chem Soc 78: 297-303. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-001-0260-9
- Taguchi H, Watanabe H, Onizawa K, Nagano T, Gotoh N, Yasukawa T, Tsushima R, Shimasaki H, Itakura H. 2000. Double-blind controlled study on the effects of dietary diacylglycerol on postprandial serum and shylomicron triacylglycerol responses in healthy humans. J Am Coll Nutr 19: 789-796. https://doi.org/10.1080/07315724.2000.10718079
- White DA, Benet AJ, Billett MA, Salter AM. 1998. The assembly of triacylglycerol-rich lipoproteins: an assential role for the microsomal triacylglycerol tranfer protein. Br J Nutr 80: 219-220.
- Konda H, Hase T, Tokimitsu I. 2003. Digestion and assimilation features of dietary DAG in the rat small intestine. Lipid 38: 25-30. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11745-003-1027-7
- Criado M, Hernandez-Martin E, Lopez-Hernandez A, Otero C. 2007. Enzymatic interesterification of extra virgin olive oil with a fully hydrogenated fat: characterization of the reaction and its products. J Am Oil Chem Soc 84: 717-726. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-007-1104-y