- Volume 21 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Absorption Characteristics of Micro-perforated Panel Absorber According to High Incident Pressure Magnitude and Variation of Geometric Parameters
높은 입사 음압 및 설계 인자의 변화에 따른 미세 천공판 흡음 기구의 흡음 특성
- Received : 2011.09.19
- Accepted : 2011.10.12
- Published : 2011.11.20
The micro-perforated panel absorber(MPPA) is one of promising noise control elements because of its applicability to extreme environments where general porous materials cannot be used. Since the MPPA is inherently non-porous sound absorber, it can be a good candidate of acoustic protection system of a space launcher. The overall sound pressure level inside payload fairings of commercial launch vehicles is so high(around 140 dB OASPL) that the conventional linear impedance model cannot be directly applied to the design of the acoustic protection systems. In this paper an acoustic impedance models of a micro-perforated panel absorber at high sound pressure environment were reviewed and the use of the impedance on the practical design of MPPAs was addressed. The variation of absorption characteristics of MPPA was discussed according to the design parameters, e.g., perforation ratio, the minute hole diameter, the thickness of MPP and the incident sound pressure level.
- Park, S.-H., Seo, S.-H., Jeong, H.-K., Jang, Y.-S., Yi, Y.-M. and Cho, G.-R., 2006, Lift-off Vibro-acoustic Analysis of the Upper Stage of Small Launch Vehicle, ICSV 13, Vienna, Austria.
- Troclet, B., Chemoul, B., Roux P., Gely, D. and Elias, G., 1999, Synthesis of Vibroacoustic Studies Performed during Ariane 5 Program, 1er Colloque Europeen sur la Technologie des Lanceurs "Vibration des Lanceurs" Toulouse, France.
- Park, S.-H., Seo, S.-H. and Jang, Y.-S., 2010, Design of a Micro-perforated Panel Absorber at High Incident Sound Pressure, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 10, pp. 983-990. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.10.983
- Park, S.-H., Seo, S.-H. and Jang, Y.-S., 2009, Experimental Evaluation of Passive Acoustic Absorbers for the Reduction of Acoustic Loads of Launch Vehicles, Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Autumn Conference, pp. 615-616.
- Ingard, U. and Labate, S., 1950, Acoustic Circulation Effects and the Nonlinear Impedance of Orifices, J. Acoust. Soc. Am, Vol. 22, Issue 2, pp. 211-218. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.1906591
- Maa, D.-Y., 1998, Potential of Microperforated Panel Absorber, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 104, No. 5, pp. 2861-2866. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.423870
- Maa, D.-Y., 1994, Microperforated Panel at High Sound Intensity, Proceedings of Inter Noise 94, Yokohama, Japan.
- Tayong, R., Dupont, T. and Leclaire, P., 2010, On the Variation of Acoustic Absorption Peak with Particle Velocity in Micro-perforated Panels at High Level of Excitation, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 127, Issue 5, pp. 2875-2882. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.3372714
- Park, S.-H. and Seo, S.-H., 2011, An Experimental Investigation on the Acoustic Impedance of a Micro-perforated Panel Absorber at High Sound Pressure Environment, Submitted to J. Acoust. Soc. Am.
- Crandall, I. B., 1926, Theory of Vibrating Systems and Sound, D. Van Nostrand Company, NewYork, pp. 229-241.
- Ingard, U. and Ising, H., 1967, Acoustic Nonlinearity of an Orifice, J. Acoust. Soc. Am, Vol. 42, Issue 1, pp. 6-17. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.1910576
- Auregan, Y. and Pachebat, M., 1999, Measurement of the Nonlinear Behavior of Acoustical Rigid Porous Materials, Phys. Fluids, Vol. 11, Issue 6, pp. 1342-1345. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.869999