- Volume 36 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Qualitative Study on the Consumption Value of Preschooler Clothing by Mothers
취학 전 자녀에 대한 부모의 유아복 소비가치에 관한 질적 연구
- Rhee, Young Ju (Dept. of Clothing, Sungshin Women's University) ;
- Lee, Joo Yun (Dept. of Clothing, Sungshin Women's University)
- Received : 2012.08.02
- Accepted : 2012.10.16
- Published : 2012.10.31
Due to the growth of the preschooler clothing industry, significant research has been conducted on the pursued benefits, purchase behavior, and purchase intension related to preschooler clothing; however, reports on the consumption value of preschooler clothing remain limited. This study provides a consumption value for preschooler clothing through qualitative research. A total of 15 mothers of preschoolers aged 1-6 years old were interviewed on the consumption value of preschooler clothing. The subsequent consumption value of preschooler clothing consisted of 9 major factors (vicarious satisfaction value, social display/image value, safety value, convenient value, economic value, distinguishable value, expressive-aesthetic value, fashionable value and conditional value). In addition, the vicarious satisfaction value, social display/image value, safety value, and convenient value were new-expressed values that differed from previous reports on the consumption value of adult clothing.
- Ahn, E. S. (2012, June 29). 27trillion' childcare aftermarket come diastrophism. Financial news. Retrieved July 17, 2012, from http://www.fnnews.com/view?ra=Sent1001m_View&corp=fnnews&arcid=12062915164267&cDateYear=2012&cDateMonth=06&cDateDay=29
- Bilsky, W., & Schwart, S. H. (1994). Value and personality. European Journal of Personality, 8(3), 163-181.
- Cho, B. H., Jung, M. J., & Kim, Y. E. (2006). A study on the knowledge of child development of mothers with infants. Journal of Korean Child Care Education, 2(1), 89-109.
- Cho, H. M., & Song, K. S. (2007). A study on the influence of congruity between brand personality and parental self image on satisfaction in the prestige brand market of infant apparels. Consumption Culture Study, 10(1), 29-48.
- Choi, W. Y. (2012, February 7). Kids marketing: Take care of future loyalty customer. Open six pocket, preceded by premium brand. Economic review. Retrieved July 16, 2012, from http://er.asiae.co.kr/erview.htm?idxno=2012020314011384992
- Creekmore, A. M. (1963). Clothing behaviors and their relation to general values and to the striving for basic needs. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania.
- Dong-A new Korean dictionary (5th ed.). (2011). Seoul: Doosan Dong-A corporation.
- Han, M. S., & Chung, M. H. (2000). A study on cloting purchasing behavior and value of college students. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 8(4), 602-610.
- Im, S. K. (2010). A cross-cultural study on the clothing value between Korean and American college students. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(5), 1048-1061. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2010.18.5.1048
- Im, S. K., & Han, M. S. (2008). A cross-cultural study on the clothing value-Focusing on Korea and the United States-. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 16(4), 619-633 https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2008.16.4.619
- S. K., & Han, M. S. (2010). The clothing value effect on the clothing purchasing behavior-Focused on the clothing purchasing reason and purchasing information resource-. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(2), 382-395. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2010.18.2.382
- Jang, Y. J. (2000). Psychology for health care and phenomenological qualitative study. Qualitative Research, 1(1), 1-11.
- Jung, H. Y. (2012, February 29). To prepare 'Gold kids' period! Rocketing new consumption. Asia Today. Retrieved July 18, 2012, from http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/news/view.asp?seq=604672
- Jung, J. H. (2007). Quiz of economy basics. Seoul: Gilbut.
- Jung, M. S. (1984). A study on the modesty in clothing and clothing values of male and female university students. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 8(1), 85-94.
- Jung, S. J., & Choi, S. K. (2008). A study on clothing value and influencing factors of women. Korean Journal of Science of Emotion & Sensibility, 11(1), 23-37.
- Jung, Y. J., & Hwang, C. S. (2012). Children's wear purchasing behavior by retired women and the missy group with a view to their shopping orientation. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 36(1), 84-98. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2012.36.1.84
- Kang, K. J., & Seo, Y. S. (1989). The effect of maslow's basic needs on the clothing values among adult women. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 13(1), 1-12.
- Kim, H. S. (2008). Lifestyle and clothing consumption value between groups depending upon ambivalent consumption. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul.
- Kim, J. H., & Shin, S. Y. (2011). Clothing values and casual wear purchase behaviors according to 20's and 30's male lifestyles. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing Industry, 13(4), 487-498. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.4.487
- Kim, J. O., Forsythe, S., Gu, Q., & Moon, S. J. (2002). Crosscultural consumer values, needs and purchase behavior. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 19(6), 481-502. https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760210444869
- Kim, S. H. (1999). A study on the structure of clothing consumption values and the relation between clothing consumption values and, clothing involvement and fashion leadership. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lee, J. Y., & Kim, M. Y. (2011). Evaluation criteria and imagetone preference of infant and children's wear according to buyer's value. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(9), 1060-1068. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.9.1060
- Lee, J. N. (2010). (A) study on the purchase characteristics of infants wear according to a group of consumer value, shopping orientation and pursuit benefits. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungsung University, Busan.
- Lim, C. J., & Oh, S. J. (2008). Study of early childhood and psychological measurement. Seoul: Dongmunsa.
- Lim, K. B. (2007). The influences of consumers' value systems on pursued clothing images and consumption values. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 15(5), 810-824. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2007.15.5.810
- Lim, S. J., & Kim, S. H. (2001). A study on consumption value: A qualitative approach. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(9), 1621-1632.
- Oh, S. H. (2011, November 6). From ascending birthrate, 'Gold kids' to trend… big fashion companies fight a match in children's clothing market. The Korea Economic Daily. Retrieved July 16, 2012, from http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2011110618491
- Park, T. H., & Lee, M. H. (2003). Clothing consumption value and consumer satisfaction of buyers at department store and market. The Journal of the Korean society of costumes, 53(7), 83-94.
- Result of population and housing census-condition of child population. (2011, December). Statistics Korea. Retrieved July 17, 2012, from http://kosis.kr/themes/themes_03List.jsp
- Ryu, K. W., Jung, J. Q., Kim, Y. S., & Kim, H, B. (2012). Qualitative research methods. Seoul: Pakyoungsa
- Shin, H. W., Ha, O. S., Rhee, J. U., Kim, H. R., & Kim, T. I. (2005). Clothing values, lifestyles, and purchasing situations of purchaser groups classified by purchasing price for preschool children's wear. Journal of Fashion Business, 9(4), 113-126. https://doi.org/10.2752/136270405778051464
- Shin, Y. W., Noh, J. Y., Kim, J. K., & Koh, A. R. (2012). A qualitative study on infant clothing consumption of 'Goldmom'. Journal of Consumer Studies, 23(2), 23-44.
- Song, Y. J. (2003). (A) Study on the influence about behaviors of buying kid's clothes by mother's personality to consume apparel. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Construct validity and criterion-related validity of consumption value in preschooler clothing vol.21, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7741/rjcc.2013.21.3.413