- Volume 47 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Molding Characteristics of Injection Compression Molding Through Computer Simulation
컴퓨터 해석을 통한 사출압축성형의 성형특성에 관한 연구
- Chun, Y.H. (Department of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- An, H.G. (Department of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Lyu, M.Y. (Department of Mechanical System Design Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2012.10.11
- Accepted : 2012.11.27
- Published : 2012.12.31
Injection molding is one of the widely used polymer processing operations. It is being used for not only conventional injection molding but gas injection molding, water injection molding, and injection compression molding. Injection compression molding involves injection and compression operation, and it gives uniform physical property and high dimensional quality of product. In this study, injection compression characteristics for various product shapes have been investigated by computer simulation. Product containing side wall showed not much effective in injection compression molding since wall thickness direction was perpendicular to the compression direction. Uniform and low shrinkage was observed in injection compression molding comparing conventional injection molding. Subsequently injection compression molding can be used for molding precise product. Optimal injection compression molding condition was obtained using design of experiment for plastic lens and the results were compared with conventional injection molding.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- H.-Y. Kim and M.-Y. Lyu, "Introduction to Polymer Shaping Processes and Their Principles", Poly. Sci. Technol., 20, 157 (2009).
- S. Y. Yang and M. Z. Ke, "Influence of processing on quality of injection-compression-molded disks", Poly. Eng. Sci., 35, 1206 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760351503
- D. E. Smith, D. A. Tortorelli, and C. L. Tucker, "Analysis and sensitivity analysis for polymer injection and compression molding", Computer Methods Appl. Mech. Eng., 167, 325 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7825(98)00131-5
- H.-S. Lee and A. I. Isayev, "Numerical simulation of flow-induced birefringence : Comparison of injection and injection/ compression molding", Int. J. Precision Eng. Manuf., 8, 66 (2007).
- C.-H. Wu and Y.-L. Su, "Optimization of wedge- shaped parts for injection molding and injection compression molding", Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transfer, 30, 215 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0735-1933(03)00032-0
- S. Y. Yang and M. Z. Ke, "Experimental study on the effects of adding compression to injection molding process", Adv. Polym. Technol., 14, 15 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1002/adv.1995.060140102
- Y. B. Young, "On the Residual Stress and Shrinkage in Injection Compression Molding", Int. Polym. Proc., 18, 313 (2003). https://doi.org/10.3139/217.1754
- B. Fan and D. O. Kazmer, "Simulation of injection-compression molding for optical media", Polym. Eng. Sci., 43, 596 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10048
- G. Klepek, "Moulds for manufacturing optical lenses", Kunstst. German Plast., 77, 13 (1987).
- R. Y. Chang, W. Y. Chang, Y. H. Yang, W. L. Yang, and D. C. Hsu, "Three-Dimensional Simulation of Injection- Compression Molding of a Compact Disc(736)", Soc. Plast. Eng., 1, 741 (2001).
- N. S. Lee, G. B. Sung, and S. I. Kang, "An Optimum design of Replication Process to Improve Birefringence Radial-tilt and Land-Groove Structure in DVD-RAM Substrates", Trans. KSME C, 6, 438 (2001).
- C. Fetecau, D. V. Dobrea, and I. Postolache, "Overmolding Injection Molding Simulation of Tensile Test Specimen", Int. J. Modern Manuf. Technol., 2, 2067 (2010).
- C. R. Hicks and K. V. Turner Jr, "Fundamental Concepts in the Design of Experiments", 5th edition, Oxford University Press, USA (1999)
- Comparison of Molding Characteristics for Multi-cavity Molding in Conventional Injection Molding and Injection Compression Molding vol.38, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2014.38.2.144
- Investigation of Molding Characteristics in Injection Compression Molding According to Molding Conditions through Birefringence vol.38, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2014.38.2.193