- Volume 5 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Influence of Slab Length on behavior of Floating Slab Track by Rail-slab-isolator Longitudinal Interaction
- Nguyen, Huan Ha (Kyung Hee University) ;
- Jang, Seung Yup (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Chung, Wonseok (Kyung Hee University)
- Received : 2012.12.07
- Accepted : 2012.12.18
- Published : 2012.12.31
Many different types of floating slab track have been developed and installed around the world to reduce vibrations and noise originating in the surrounding environment. The main objective of this study is to examine the influence of slab length on behavior of floating slab track based on rail-slab-isolator interaction. The floating slab track is modeled by the connection between rail, slab, isolator, and slab mat in the transition zone. All elements were assembled in a simplified two-dimensional (2D) finite element model (FEM). The maximum length of FST is then investigated based on the maximum additional rail stress criterion as described in UIC 774-3R since no fully accepted design criteria for the slab length in FST systems currently exist.
Supported by : Ministry of Land Transport and Maritime
- ABAQUS, Inc. (2007). ABAQUS/standard user's manual (version 6.71.). Pawtucket, RI.
- Bilow, D. N. and Randich, G. M. (2000). "Slab track for the next 100 years", Presented at the AREMA Proceedings of the 2000 Annual Conference.
- International Union of Railways. (2001). Track/bridge interaction. Recommendations for calculations. UIC. CODE 774- 3R (2nd ed.).
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2011). Guideline of Railway Design (in Korean)
- Land Transport and Maritime R&D Report. (2011). "Development of low vibration track (Floating slab track) and technology for improvement of performance of long-span bridges", (in Korean).
- Lombaert, G., Degrande, G., Vanhauwere, B., Vandeborght, B. and Francois, S. (2006). "The Control of Ground-borne Vibrations from Railway Traffic by Means of cOntinuous Floating Slabs", Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 297, No. 3-5, pp. 946-961. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2006.05.013
- Yuan, J., Chang, Y., Meng, Z. and Song, L. (2009). "Modal Analysis and Parameter Assessment of Floating Slab Track", International Conference on Transportation Engineering 200 , pp. 543-543. Presented at the Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Transportation Engineering, Chengdu, China.