- Volume 50 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Separation Characteristics of IgY (Immunoglobulin Yolk) in Various HPLC Columns
다양한 HPLC Column에서의 IgY(Immunoglobulin Yolk) 분리특성
- Song, Sung Moon (Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, In Ho (Department of Chemical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2012.01.25
- Accepted : 2012.03.22
- Published : 2012.08.01
IgY (Immunoglobulin Yolk) in egg yolk corresponds to IgG (Immunoglobulin G) in animal serum and plays an important role as immunological proteins in intestines. Carrageenan and Arabic gum were used as pretreatment agents to purify IgY from fresh egg yolk. DEAE (Diethylaminoethyl) Sepharose column in FPLC (Fast Protein Liquid chromatography) was an ion exchange tool to remove contaminants as well as to elute IgY from the column. GF HPLC (Gel Filtration High Performance Liquid Chromatography) enables to measure the molecular weights of IgY and to identify the purified IgY by comparing the molecular weight of standard IgY with the purified one. IgY is a heterogeneous group of different molecular weight and ionic properties, which was investigated with various IE HPLC (Ion Exchange High Performance Liquid Chromatography) columns such as AX, CX and SCX. Three peaks of IgY were separated in the AX column under the conditions of 0.5 M NaCl and pH=8. The SCX column also gave the three peaks of IgY at 0.5 M NaCl and pH=5.
Supported by : 연구재단
- Lee, K., Ametani, A., Shimizu, M., Hatta, H., Yamamoto, T. and Kaminogawa, S., "Production and Characterization of Anti- Human Insulin Antibodies in the Hen's Egg," Agric. Biol. Chem., 55, 2141-2143(1991). https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.55.2141
- Lim, S., Manusu, H. P., Gooley, A. A., Williams, K. L. and Rylatt, D. B., "Purification of Monoclonal Antibodies from Ascitic Fluid using Preparative Electrophoresis," J. Chromatogr., 827, 329-335 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(98)00847-4
- Shim, W. B., Kim, H. J., Park, S. J., Kang, D. H., Kang, J. S. and Chung, D. H., "Production and Specificity of Immunoglobulin Yolk (IgY) on Vibrio Parahaemolyticus," J. Food Hyg. Safety., 18(2), 61-66(2003).
- Shimizu, M., Robert, C., Fitzsimmons and Nakai, S., "Anti-E. Coli Immunoglobulin Y Isolated from Egg Yolk of Immunized Chickens as a Potential Food Ingredient," J. Food Sci., 53, 1360-1366(1988). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1988.tb09277.x
- Wang, K., Hoppe, C. A., Datta, P. K., Fogelstrom, A. and Lee, Y. C., "Identificaion of the Major Mannose-Binding Proteins from Chicken Egg Yolk and Chicken Serum as Immunoglobulins," Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA., 83, 9670-9674(1986). https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.83.24.9670
- Hatta, H., Kim, M. and Yamamoto, T., "A Novel Isolation Method for Hen Egg Yolk Antibody, "IgY"," Agric. Biol. Chem., 54(10), 2531-2535(1990). https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb1961.54.2531
- Hatta, H., Tsuda, K., Akachi, S., Kim, M. and Yamamoto, T., "Productivity and Some Properties of Egg Yolk Antibody (IgY) Against Human Rotavirus Compared with Rabbit IgG," Biosci. Biotech. Biochem., 57(3), 450-454(1993). https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.57.450
- Patterson, R., Youngner, J. S., Weigle, W. O. and Dixon, F. J., "Anti body Production and Transfer to Egg Yolk in Chickens," J. Immunol., 89(1), 272-278(1962).
- Kim, J. W., "Production of Egg Yolk Antibodies against Flagella Antigen of Salmonella Enteritidis," Kor. J. Poult, Sci., 25(4), 161-167(1998).
- Tini, M., Jewell, U. R., Camenisch, G., Chilov, D. and Gassmann, M., "Generation and Application of Chicken Egg-Yolk Antibodies," Comp. Biochem. Physiol. A. Mol. Integr. Physiol., 131(3), 569-574(2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1095-6433(01)00508-6
- Larsson, A., Balow, R., Lindahl, T. L. and Forsberg, P., "Chicken Antibodies: Taking Advantage of Evolution - a Review," Poult. Sci., 72, 1807-1812(1993). https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0721807
- Fichtali, J., Charter, E. A., Lo, K .V. and Nakai, S., "Purification of Antibodies from Industrially Separated Egg Yolk," J. Food Sci., 58(6), 1282(1993). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1993.tb06166.x
- Kim, I. H., Lee, Y. T., Lee, C. H. and Chung, B. H., "Purification of Egg Immunoglobulin IgY," Kor. J. Biotechnol. Bioeng., 14(6), 677-681(1999).
- Pharmacia Biotech, "Monoclonal Antibody Purification Handbook," p28(1997).
- Takatoshi, I., Motoko, K. and Susumu, A., "Isolation and Characterization of Major Apoproteins from Hen's Egg Yolk Granule," J. Food. Sci., 51(5), 1115-1117(1986). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1986.tb13061.x
- Burley, R. W. and Vadehra, D. V., "Chromatographic Separation of Soluble Proteins of Hen's Egg Yolk an Analytical and Preparative Study," Anal. Biochem., 94, 53-59(1979). https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(79)90789-9
- A three-zone simulated moving-bed for separation of immunoglobulin Y vol.30, pp.8, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11814-013-0106-8