- Volume 15 Issue 1
Wheelset dynamic analysis is a key element to determine the degree of accuracy of railway vehicle dynamics. In this study, a three-dimensional wheelset dynamic analysis is presented in such a way that the precise wheel-rail contact analysis in three-dimension is implemented into the dynamic equations of a wheelset. A numerical procedure that can be used for the analysis of a wheelset dynamics when the wheel-rail two point contact occurs in a cornering maneuver is developed. Numerical solutions of the constraint equations and the dynamics equations of a wheelset are achieved by using Runge-Kutta method. The proposed wheelset dynamic analysis is validated by comparison against results obtained from VI-RAIL analysis.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- K.L. Johnson (1985) Contact Mechanics, Cambrigde University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- J.J. Kalker (1982) A fast algorithm for the simplified theory of rolling contact, Vehicle System Dynamics, (11), pp. 1-13.
- J. Piotrowski, H. Chollet (2005) Wheel-rail contact models for vehicle system dynamics including multi-point contact, Vehicle System Dynamics, 43(6-7), pp. 455-483. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110500141144
- A. Alonso, J.G. Gimenez (2006) Some new contributions to the resolution of the normal wheel-rail contact problem, Vehicle System Dynamics, 44 Supplement, pp. 230-239. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110600870162
- J.B. Ayasse, H. Chollet (2005) Determination of the wheel rail contact patch in semi-Hertzian conditions, Vehicle System Dynamics, 43(3), pp. 161-172. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110412331327193
- A.A. Shabana, K.E. ZaaZaa, J.L. Escalona, J.R. Sany (2004) Development of elastic force model for wheel/rail contact problems, J. of Sound and Vibration, 269, pp. 295-325. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(03)00074-9
- M. Malvezzi, E. Meli, S. Falomi, A. Rindi (2008) Determination of wheel-rail contact points with semianalytic methods, Multibody System Dynamics, 20, pp. 327-358. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11044-008-9123-5
- J. Santamaria, E.G. Vadillo, J. Gomez (2006) A comprehensive method for the elastic calculation of the two-point wheelrail contact, Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 44, Supplement, pp. 240-250. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110600870337
- British Railroad Research (1993) Vampire User Manual.
- W. Kik, D. Moelle (2008) Implementation of the wheel-rail element in ADAMS/Rail Ver. 10.1, 5th ADAMS/Rail User's Conference, Haarleem.
- C. Rathod, A.A. Shabana (2006) Rail geometry and Euler angles, ASME J. of Computational and Nonliner Dynamics, 1, pp. 13-15. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1991872
- O. Polach (1999) A fast wheel-rail forces calculation computer code, Vehicle System Dynamics Supplement (33) 728-739.
- Using Matlab Ver. 6 (2004) The Mathworks Inc., Natick, MA, USA.
- Kang, J. (2009) A study on numerical analysis on wheel-rail contact points, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(2), pp. 236-242.
- Vibration Analysis of a Bogie Using Linearized Dynamic Equations of a Multibody System vol.17, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.5.321
- Analysis of Dynamic Equilibrium Configuration of Speed Governor vol.14, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.10.4733
- Evaluation of Curving Performance and Running Safety of New High-Power Electric Locomotive vol.37, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.6.827
- Analysis of Running Safety According to Changes of Guard Rail Length on F10/F12 Turnout vol.37, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.6.723
- Running Safety Analysis of Railway Vehicle passing through Curve depending on Rail Inclination Change vol.23, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2013.23.3.199
- A Study on the Dynamic Analysis of Railway Vehicle by Using Track Coordinate System vol.21, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2013.21.2.122
- Calculation of Critical Speed of Railway Vehicle by Multibody Dynamics Analysis vol.37, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.11.1371