- Volume 8 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Visual Monitoring System of Multi-Hosts Behavior for Trustworthiness with Mobile Cloud
- Song, Eun-Ha (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Hyun-Woo (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Wonkwang University) ;
- Jeong, Young-Sik (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2012.03.30
- Accepted : 2012.05.15
- Published : 2012.06.30
Recently, security researches have been processed on the method to cover a broader range of hacking attacks at the low level in the perspective of hardware. This system security applies not only to individuals' computer systems but also to cloud environments. "Cloud" concerns operations on the web. Therefore it is exposed to a lot of risks and the security of its spaces where data is stored is vulnerable. Accordingly, in order to reduce threat factors to security, the TCG proposed a highly reliable platform based on a semiconductor-chip, the TPM. However, there have been no technologies up to date that enables a real-time visual monitoring of the security status of a PC that is operated based on the TPM. And the TPB has provided the function in a visual method to monitor system status and resources only for the system behavior of a single host. Therefore, this paper will propose a m-TMS (Mobile Trusted Monitoring System) that monitors the trusted state of a computing environment in which a TPM chip-based TPB is mounted and the current status of its system resources in a mobile device environment resulting from the development of network service technology. The m-TMS is provided to users so that system resources of CPU, RAM, and process, which are the monitoring objects in a computer system, may be monitored. Moreover, converting and detouring single entities like a PC or target addresses, which are attack pattern methods that pose a threat to the computer system security, are combined. The branch instruction trace function is monitored using a BiT Profiling tool through which processes attacked or those suspected of being attacked may be traced, thereby enabling users to actively respond.
Supported by : Wonkwang University
- Trusted Computing Group, http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org
- TCG Specification Architecture Overview Specification Revision 1.4, 2007. Trusted Computing Group(TCG).
- Common Criteria, Trusted Computing Group Personal Computer Specific Trusted Building Block Protection Profile and TCG PC Specific TBB With Maintenance Protection Profile, 2004.
- H. Lin and G. Lee, "Micro-Architecture Support for Integrity Measurement on Dynamic Instruction Trace," Journal of Information Security, Vol.1, No.1, 2010, pp.1-10. https://doi.org/10.4236/jis.2010.11001
- Integrity Measurement Architecture, IBM, http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/researchpeople.nsf/pages/sailer.ima.html
- Y. S. Jeong and J. H. Park, "Visual Trustworthy Monitoring System (v-TMS) for Behavior of Trusted Computing," Journal of Internet Technology, Vol 11., No.6, 2010, pp.731-741.
- P. Mell and T. Grance, "The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing," National Institute of Science and Technology, 2011. http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-145/SP800-145.pdf
- V. William, B. James, B. Rajkumar "Introduction to Cloud Computing," In R. Buyya, J. Broberg, A.Goscinski. Cloud Computing: Principles and Paradigms. New York, USA: Wiley Press, 2011, pp.1-44.
- G. Suh, C. O'Donnell, I. Sachdev and S. Devadas, "Design and Implementation of the AEGIS Single-Chip Secure Processor Using Physical Random Functions. Technical Report," 2004, MIT CSAIL CSG Technical Memo 483.
- T. Alves and D. Felton, "Trustzone: Integrated Hardware and Software Security", 2004. ARM white paper.
- T. Halfhill, "ARM Dons Armor: TrustZone Security Extensions Strengthen ARMv6 Architecture," 2003. Microprocessor Report.
- J. Crandall and F. Chong, "Minos: Control Data Attack Prevention Orthogonal To Memory Model", Proc. the 37th Int'l Symp., On Microarchitecture, 2004.
- Renato J. Figueiredo, Peter A. Dinda and Jose A. B. Fortes, Guest Editors' Introduction: Resource Virtualization Renaissance, IEEE Computer, Vol.38, No.5, 2005, pp.28-31.
- Common Criteria, Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Personal Computer (PC) Specific Trusted Building Block (TBB) Protection Profile and TCG PC Specific TBB With Maintenance Protection Profile, July, 2004.
- Paul Barham, Boris Dragovic, Keir Fraser, Steven Hand, Alex Ho, Rolf Neugebauer, Ian Pratt and Andrew Warfield, Xen and the Art of Virtualization, Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Bolton Landing, NY, October, 2003.
- Tal Garfinkel, Ben Pfaff, Jim Chow, Mendel Rosenblum and Dan Boneh, Terra: A Virtual Machine-Based Platform for Trusted Computing, Proceedings of the Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), Bolton Landing, NY, October, 2003, pp.193-206.
- Robert P. Goldberg, Survey of Virtual Machine Research, IEEE Computer Magazine, Vol.7, No.6, 1974, pp.34-45.
- IBM, Trusted Virtual Data Center, http://domino.research.ibm.com/comm/researchprojects.nsf/pagesssdtrustedvirtualdatacenter.index.html.
- Reiner Sailer, Trent Jaeger, Enriquillo Valdez, Ramon Caceres, Ronald Perez, Stefan Berger, John Linwood Griffin and Leendert van Doorn, Building a MAC-Based Security Architecture for the Xen Opensource Hypervisor, Proceedings of the 21st Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), Tucson, AZ, December, 2005.
- Cloud computing for mobile environments vol.28, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1002/cpe.3785
- Efficient Sustainable Operation Mechanism of Distributed Desktop Integration Storage Based on Virtualization with Ubiquitous Computing vol.7, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/su7067568
- Cloud infrastructure for ubiquitous M2M and IoT environment mobile application vol.18, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-014-0415-7
- Visual Scheme Monitoring of Sensors for Fault Tolerance on Wireless Body Area Networks with Cloud Service Infrastructure vol.10, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/154180
- Human-centric storage resource mechanism for big data on cloud service architecture vol.72, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11227-015-1390-3
- A secure smart-work service model based OpenStack for Cloud computing vol.17, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-013-0251-1
- TSMC: A Novel Approach for Live Virtual Machine Migration vol.2014, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/297127
- A Prediction System Using a P2P Overlay Network for a Bus Arrival System vol.2014, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/792029
- Dynamic group-based fault tolerance technique for reliable resource management in mobile cloud computing vol.28, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1002/cpe.3205
- Analysis and Improvement of a Robust User Authentication Framework for Ubiquitous Sensor Networks vol.10, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/637684
- Fast encoding algorithm for high-efficiency video coding (HEVC) system based on spatio-temporal correlation vol.12, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11554-014-0484-0
- Service models and pricing schemes for cloud computing vol.17, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-013-0296-1
- Phased Scheduling for Resource-Constrained Mobile Devices in Mobile Cloud Computing vol.77, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11277-014-1669-3
- A Secure and Efficient Audit Mechanism for Dynamic Shared Data in Cloud Storage vol.2014, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/820391
- Adaptive resource management using many-core processing for fault tolerance based on cyber–physical cloud systems 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2017.07.010
- Two-phase grouping-based resource management for big data processing in mobile cloud computing vol.27, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1002/dac.2627
- Proxy based seamless connection management method in mobile cloud computing vol.16, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-013-0249-8
- G-Cloud Monitor: A Cloud Monitoring System for Factory Automation for Sustainable Green Computing vol.6, pp.12, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3390/su6128510
- Efficient auto-scaling scheme for rapid storage service using many-core of desktop storage virtualization based on IoT vol.209, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.2016.05.090
- Distributed Electronic Commerce cluster for small enterprise vol.17, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-013-0334-z
- Efficiency Sustainability Resource Visual Simulator for Clustered Desktop Virtualization Based on Cloud Infrastructure vol.6, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3390/su6118079
- Novel Intermode Prediction Algorithm for High Efficiency Video Coding Encoder vol.2014, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/196035
- Secure Authentication-Management human-centric Scheme for trusting personal resource information on mobile cloud computing with blockchain vol.8, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13673-018-0136-7