- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Benzo(a)pyrene Reduction in Sesame Oil Using Microwaving Method
Microwaving을 이용한 참기름의 Benzo(a)pyrene 저감화
- Oh, Sung-Cheon (Dept. of Food & Pharmacy, Daewon University College)
- 오성천 (대원대학교 제약식품계열)
- Received : 2012.06.07
- Accepted : 2012.06.25
- Published : 2012.06.30
Sesame oil has superior oxidation stability and unique roasting flavor. Accordingly, this has been used for edible oil as well as a seasoning material for a long time in Korea. But sesame oil is a simple pressed oil, unrefined. During manufacturing process of roasting-expression, benzo(a)pyrene[B(a)P] formed as a strong carcinogenic substance causes a social problem. Detection of B(a)P in sesame oil was due to residual content in raw-sesame seeds and formation in roasting-expressing process. Especially, maximal forming process was roasting. Accordingly, in this study applied the traditional roasting method by roaster and microwaving method as a new type. Best roasting time by microwaving was for 5~10 min, B(a)P content in sesame oil was 0.53~0.79
- FA. Gunther and F. Buzzetti Occurrence, Isolation and Identification of Polynuclear Hydrocarbons as Residues. Residue Rew. 23, 90(1965).
- DJ. Tilgner and H. Daun H. Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Smoked Foods. Residue Rew. 27, 19(1969).
- DH. Phillips, Polycy Clic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in the Diet. Mutat. Res. 443, 139(1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1383-5742(99)00016-2
- I. W. Seo, H. J. Nam and H. S. Shin, Influence of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons Formation in Sesame Oils with Differentroasting Conditions, Korean J . Food SCI . Tech, 41, 355 (2009).
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Official Methods of Analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists. 3rd ed. (1980).
- S. J. Lee and B, B, Choi, "Food analysis", Power Book Publishing Co,.159 (2012).
- S. C. Oh, "Food analysis", Hyoil Publishing Co., 96 (1999).
- K. B. Lee, M. S. Ko, and J. B. Yang, "Food Analysis", Yuhan Publishing Co., 160. (2006).
- K. S. Chae, "Food Analysis", Jigu Publishing Co., 261. (1998).
- American Oil Chemists' Society. Official Method and Recommended Practice of AOCS. 4th ed. (1989).
- S. J. Ma, "Food Analysis Method", Hak Mun Publishing Co, 542 (1995).
- S. J. Hu, N. S. Oh, S. Y, and Kim, H. M. Lee, Determining of the Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Domestic Vegetables and Fruits. Anal Sci Technol. 19, 415 (2006).
- S. Moret, A .Dudine and L. S. Conte, Processing Effects on the Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Content of Grapeseed Oil. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 77, 1289 (2000).
- P. Shubik and JL. Hartwell, Survey of Compounds which have been Tested for Carcinogenic Activity. Publ. No. 149, US Public Health Service, (1957).
- Korea Food Reserch Institute, Korea Food Standards Codex (2009).