- Volume 19D Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A QoS-aware Service Selection Method for Configuring Web Service Composition
웹 서비스 합성 구성을 위한 QoS고려 서비스 선택 기법
- Received : 2012.01.25
- Accepted : 2012.05.30
- Published : 2012.08.31
To fulfill the complex user requirement, composition web service comprised of existing services is considered from the efficient and reusable point of view instead of making entirely new web service. However, with the growing the number of web services which provide the same functionality but differ in quality value, the service composition becomes a decision problem on which component services should be selected such that end-to-end QoS constraints by the client and overall QoS of the composition service are satisfied. QoS of service aspects is a determinant factor for selecting the services, since the performance of the composed service is determined by the performance of the involved component web service. In this paper, hybrid genetic algorithm is presented to select component services to take part in the QoS-aware composition. The local search method is used to be combined with the genetic algorithm to improve the individuals (component service) in population as well as composed service. The paper also presents a set of experiments conducted to evaluate the efficiency of selection algorithm using the real web service data.
Supported by : 숙명여자대학교
- Mohammad A and Thomas R, "Combining global optimization with local selection for efficient QoS-aware service composition", Proceedings of the 18th international conference on World wide web, April 20-24, 2009
- Ardagna D and Pernici B, "Global and local QoS guarantee in web service selection", In: Proc. of Business Process Management Workshops, pp.32-46, 2006.
- Cardellin V, Casalicchio E, Grassi V, Francesco LP, "Flow-based service selection for web service composition supporting multiple QoS classes", In: ICWS 2007. IEEE Intl. Conf. Web Services, pp.743-750, 2007.
- Zeng L, Benatallah B, Ngu AHH, Dumas, M, Kalagnanam, J. Chang, H.: "Qos-aware middleware for web services composition", IEEE Trans. Software Eng. 30, 311-327, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSE.2004.11
- Z.-J. Wang, Z.-Z. Liu, X.-F. Zhou and Y.-S. Lou, "An approach for composite web service selection based on DGQoS", Int J Adv Manuf Technol, The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 56:1167-1179, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-011-3230-9
- Gerardo C, Penta MD, Esposito R, Villani ML "An approach for QoS-aware service composition based on genetic algorithms". In: Proceedings of the 2005 Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation, pp.1069-1075, 2005.
- memetic algorithm, http://ko.wikipedia.org/
- H. C.-L and K. Yoon Multiple Criteria Decision Making. Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Springer-Verlag, 1981.
- SeongGon Kong, InTeac Kim, DaeHee Park, ect, "An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms", Seoul: Green, 1996.
- Y. Ma and C. Zhang, "Quick Convergence of Genetic Algorithm for QoS-Driven Web Service Selection", Computer Networks, Vol.52, No.5, pp.1093-1104, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2007.12.003
- Matlab, Web page. http://www.mathworks.com/
- Evolutionary Computation Research Team, Genetic Algorithm Toolbox, Web page. http://www.shef.ac.uk/acse/research/ecrg/gat
- E. Al-Masri and Q. H. Mahmoud. "Investigating web services on the world wide web", In Proceedings of the International World Wide Web Conference, 2008.
- E. Al-Masri and Q. H. Mahmoud. "Qos-based discovery and ranking of web services", In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks, 2007.
- E. Al-Masri and Q. H. Mahmoud. The qws dataset. Web page. http://www.uoguelph.ca/-qmahmoud/qws/index.html/.
- J. Cardoso, J. Miller, A. Sheth, and J. Arnold. "Quality of service for workflows and web service processes", Journal of Web Semantics, 1:281-308, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.websem.2004.03.001
- Tang ML, Ai LF, "A hybrid genetic algorithm for the optimal constrained web service selection problem in web service composition", WCCI 2010 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, IEEE, pp.268-275, 30 Jul., 2010.