- Volume 22 Issue 4
Quality Characteristics of Muffin Added with Rice Bran Powder
미강을 첨가한 머핀의 품질 특성
- Jang, Kyung-Hee (Dept. of Food Science & Technology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kang, Woo-Won (Dept. of Food Science & Nutrition, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Kwak, Eun-Jung (Dept. of Food Science & Technology, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2012.07.25
- Accepted : 2012.08.22
- Published : 2012.08.31
Muffins were prepared with different amounts of rice bran powder (0~30%), and their quality characteristics were investigated. The specific gravity of batters increased with increasing rice bran. While the initial pasting temperature increased with increasing rice bran amount, peak viscosity and viscosity at
- AACC (2000) Approveal method of the AACC. 10th ed. American association of cereal chemistry, St. Poul, MN. USA.
- Chang KH, Byun GI, Park SH, Kang WW (2008) Dough properties and bread qualities of wheat flour supplemented with rice bran. Korean J Food Preserv 15: 209-213.
- Choi EH, Lee JH (2010) Quality characteristics of garaedduck with roasted rice bran. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research 16: 277-286.
- Choi YS, Jeong JY, Choi JH, Han DJ, Kim HY, Lee MA (2008) Effects of dietary fiber from rice bran on the quality characteristics of emulsion-type sausages. Korean J Food Sci Ani Resour 28: 14-20. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2008.28.1.14
- Hwang SH, Ko SH (2010) Quality characteristics of muffins containing domestic blueberry (V. corymbosum). J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 727-734.
- Im JG, Kim YS, Ha TY (1998) Effect of sorghum flour addition on the quality characteristics of muffin. Korean J Food Sci Technol 30: 1158-1162.
- Jang KH, Kwak EJ, Kang WW (2010) Effect of rice bran powder on the quality characteristics of cookie. Korean J Food Preserv 17: 631-636.
- Joo SY, Choi MH, Chung HJ (2004) Studies on the quality characteristics of functional muffin prepared with different levels of grape seed extract. Korean J Food Culture 19: 267-272.
- Jung EH, Hwang IK, Ha TY (2010) Properties and antioxidative activities of phenolic acid concentrates of rice bran. Korean J Food Sci Technol 42: 593-597.
- Jung KI, Cho EK (2011) Effect of brown rice flour on muffin quality. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 986-992. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.7.986
- Kim JH, Kim JH, Yoo SS (2008) Impacts of the proportion of sea-tangle on quality characteristics of muffin. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 24: 565-572.
- Kim JH, Lee YT (2004) Effects of barley bran on the quality of sugar-snap cookie and muffin. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 1367-1372. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.8.1367
- Ko DY, Hong HY (2011) Quality characteristics of muffins containing bokbunja (Rubus coreus Miquel) powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 21: 863-870.
- Ko SH, Seo Eu (2010) Quality characteristics of muffins containing purple sweet potato powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 272-278.
- Lee JA, Choi SH (2011) Quality characteristics of muffins added with mulberry concentrate. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research 17: 285-294.
- Lee JS, Oh MS. 2006. Quality characteristics of cookies with black rice flour. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22: 193-203.
- Lee SH, Kim TW, Bae JH (2011) Palatability traits of mullin prepared with red wine. Korean J Food Preserv 18: 869-874. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.6.869
- Park SH, Lim SI (2007) Quality characteristics of muffin added red yeast rice flour. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39: 272-275.
- Yang SM, Kang MJ, Kim SH, Shin JH, Sung Nj (2010) Quality characteristics of functional muffins containing black garlic extract powder. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 26: 737-744.
- Yoon MH, Kim KH, Kim NY, Byun MW, Yook HS (2011) Quality characteristics of muffin prepared with freeze driedperilla leaves (Perilla frutescens var. japonoca Hara) powder. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 581-585. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.4.581