- Volume 25 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Temperature Distribution to Evaluate Axial Strength of Unprotected Concrete-filled Steel Tubular Columns under Fire
화재 시 무피복 CFT 기둥의 축강도 평가를 위한 단면온도분포 예측기법의 개발
- Koo, Cheol Hoe (Department of Building and Housing, Dongbu Corporation) ;
- Lee, Cheol Ho (Department of Architecture and Architectural Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Ahn, Jae Kwon (Department of Architecture and Architectural Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2013.06.05
- Accepted : 2013.10.01
- Published : 2013.12.27
A simple but accurate analytical method to evaluate the fire resistance of unprotected concrete filled tubular (CFT) columns under standard fire condition is proposed based on the fire design framework of EC4. To this end, the accuracy of the current tabulation method for the temperature prediction proposed by Lawson et al. was first critically evaluated, and a new prediction equation for the temperature gradient across the CFT section was then proposed based on available test and finite element analysis results. Overall, the axial strength predicted by using the proposed equation under the general fire design framework of EC4 was more accurate than that based on existing methods and appeared reasonable for design purposes. The results of this study are directly usable for the more rational fire analysis and design of unprotected CFT columns.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 김선희, 원용안, 최성모(2012) 비재하 가열실험을 통한 이중강관 CFT기둥의 잔존강도 평가연구, 한국강구조학회 논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제24권, 제1호, pp.81-89. Kim, S.H., Won, Y.A., and Choi, S.M. (2012) A Study on the Evaluation of Residual Strength of Double Concrete Filled Tube Column by Unstressed test, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp.81-89 (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2012.24.1.081
- 정경수, 최인락, 김도환, 김진호(2013) 일정축력하에 고온을 받는 고강도 콘크리트 충전강관 기둥의 구조적 거동에 관한 연구, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제25권, 제1호, pp.71-80. Chung, K.S., Choi, I.R., Kim, D.H., and Kim, J.H. (2013) Experimental Evaluation of Fire Behavior of High-Strength CFT Column with Constant Axial Load, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp.71-80 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2013.25.1.071
- Lawson, R.M., and Newman, G.M. (1996) Structural Fire Design to EC3 & EC4, and comparison with BS 5950, Technical Report, SCI Publication 159, The Steel Construction Institute.
- Wang, Y.C. (2002) Steel and Composite Structures: Behaviour and design for fire safety, Spon Press-Taylor & Francis Group.
- European Committee for Standardization(CEN), (2005) Eurocode 4. Design of composite steel and concrete structures-Part 1.2: General rules-Structural fire design, British Standards Institution.
- Lie, T.T., and Chabot, M. (1992) Experimental studies on the fire resistance of hollow steel columns filled with plain concrete, Internal report No. 611, National Research Council of Canada.
- Kodur, V.K.R. (1999) Performance based fire resistance design of concrete-filled steel columns, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp.21-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-974X(99)00003-6
- 정상근, 김선희, 이성희, 최성모(2011) 일정 축력을 받는 Double CFT 기둥의 내화성능 평가, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제23권, 제1호, pp.51-59. Chung, S.K., Kim, S.H., Lee, S.H., and Choi, S.M. (2011) Fire Resistance of Concrete Filled Double Skin Tubular Columns under Axial Load, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp.51-59 (in Korean).
- ABAQUS (2010) ABAQUS analysis user's manual, SIMULIA.
- 류재용, 박수희, 정경수, 김대중, 최성모(2006) 콘크리트 충전 각형강관 기둥 내화성능 영향인자의 수치해석적 분석, 2006년도 학술대회발표집, 한국강구조학회, pp.176-183. Ryoo, J.Y., Park, S.H., Chung, K.S., Kim, D.J., and Choi, S.M. (2006) Review of Material Properties for Predicting the Fire Resistance of Concrete Filled Steel Square Tube Column using Numerical Method, Proceedings of Annual Conference Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, pp.176-183 (in Korean).
- Ding, J. and Wang, Y.C. (2008) Realistic modeling of thermal and structural behavior of unprotected concrete filled tubular columns in fire, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol. 64, No. 10, pp.1086-1102. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2007.09.014
- European Committee for Standardization (CEN) (2002) Eurocode 1: Actions on structures. Part 1.2: General actions-Actions on structures exposed to fire, British Standards Institution.
- Inaternational Standards Organization (1999) ISO 834-1: Fire Resistance Test-Elements of building Construction, Geneva, Switzerland.
- An Experimental Study of Improving Fire Performance with Steel-fibers for Internally Anchored Square Composite Columns vol.26, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2014.26.6.499