- Volume 11 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Study about Nursing Students' Experience on Emergency Room Environment Observation
간호 대학생의 응급실 관찰 경험
- Kim, Hae-Ok (Dept. of Nursing, Kyungnam University) ;
- Seo, Bong-Hwa (Dept. of Nursing, Kyungnam University) ;
- Nam, Mun-Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Kaya University) ;
- Park, Euna (Dept. of Nursing, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2013.11.04
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.28
The research about nursing students' experience on the clinical environment observation is essential to developed effective strategy for clinical education and to improve quality for clinical practice of nursing education. This study is aimed to above goal by the report about nursing students' experience on emergency room environmental observation. The number of participants is 30 nursing students who are senior in the practicing at emergence room. Data analysis was centered on scrutinizing the contents of the participants' replies in order to deduce any relevant meaning. Also, data were analyzed by the meaning of learning based on self-examination through the practical learning. The positive and negative topics stated. Nursing students' experience on emergency room observation will supply the thinking about their own self-portrait in near future, and will give self reflection about correct nursing interventions to nursing students.
Supported by : 부경대학교
- H. J. Kim, H. Choi, Emergency nurses' professional quality of life: compassion satisfaction, burnout, and secondary traumatic stress. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 320-3286, 2012. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.3.320
- M. O. Oh, M. H. Sung, Y. W. Kim, Job stress, fatigue,, job satisfaction and commitment to organization in emergency department nurses. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 215-227, 2011.
- H. S. Lee, E. J. Kim, The comparision of stress coping and satisfaction with clinical practice according to the grade of nursing college student. Journal of East-West Nursing Research, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 5-13, 2008.
- Seyedfatemi, N., Tafreshi, M., & Hagani, H., Experienced stressors and coping strategies among Iranian nursing students. BMC nursing, 6:11 doi:10.1186/1472-6955-6-11, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6955-6-11
- E. A. Kim, Developing a prediction model regarding adjustment of nursing students to college life. Chonnam National University, 2011.
- H. S. Shin, K. K. Shim, Y. N. Lee, Nursing activities identified through pediatric nursing simulation. Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 111-119, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2013.19.2.111
- H. W. Kim, E. Y. Suh, Nursing students' immersion experiences in a comprehensive simulation scenario using high-quality human patient simulator among nursing students: a phenomenological study. Journal of Military Nursing Research, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 89-99, 2012.
- Kohrt, W. M., Bloomfield, S. A., Little, K. D., Nelson, M. E., & Yingling, W. R., American college of sports medicine position stand: Physical activity and bone health, Medicine and Science in Sports Exercise, Vol. 36, No. 11, pp. 1985-1996, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000142662.21767.58
- J. Woon, K. J. Kim, M. S. Choi, The effects of OSCE application before clinical practice for nursing students. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 273-284, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.273
- W. S. Jang, Ethnography on the daily life of ICU nursing. Qualitative Research, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 77-93, 2002.
S. Y. Min, Experience of reading book
by university student of nursing. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 483-491, 2009.
- O. J. Lee, S. B. Im, H. S. Park, Unresolved suffering lived experiences of college students. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 37-48, 2011. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.1.37
- Spradley, J. P., The ethnographic interview. Toronto, Canada: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1979.
- Lincoln, Y. S., & Guba, E. G., Naturalistic inquiry. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage, 1985.
- H. Y. Kang, Phenominological study on the elderly patients' experience in the admission into hospital emergency room. Catholic University of Pusan, 2011.
- D. W. Kim, Subjective forms of nurses' being intuitive in emergency department: Q methodology. Korea University, 2012.
- Windsor, A., Nursing students' perception of clinical experience. Journal of Nursing Education, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 150-154, 1987.
- Beck, C. T., Nursing students' initial clinical experience: a phenomenological study. International Journal of Nursing Studies, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 489-497, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7489(93)90020-U
- Koopmeiners, L., Post-white, J., Gutknecht., S., Ceronsky, C., Nickelson, K., Drew, D., et al., How healthcare professional contribute to hope in patients with cancer. Oncology Nursing Forum, Vol. 24, pp. 1507-1513, 1997.
- Saleh, U. S., Brockopp, D. Y., Hope among patients with cancer hospitalized for bone marrow transplantation: a phenomenologic study, Cancer Nursing, Vol. 24, pp. 308-314, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1097/00002820-200108000-00012