- Volume 35 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Cyanobacterial Occurrence and Concentration Distribution of Cyanotoxins in Hoeya Reservoir
회야호의 남조류 발생 특성과 남조류 독소의 농도분포특성
- Choi, Young Ah (Water Research Institute of the Ulsan City) ;
- Han, Nan Sook (Water Research Institute of the Ulsan City) ;
- Lim, Eun Gyoung (Water Research Institute of the Ulsan City) ;
- Kim, Young Min (Water Research Institute of the Ulsan City) ;
- Choun, Chang Jae (Water Research Institute of the Ulsan City) ;
- Lee, Byoung Ho (Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Ulsan)
- 최영아 (울산시 수질연구소) ;
- 한난숙 (울산시 수질연구소) ;
- 임은경 (울산시 수질연구소) ;
- 김영민 (울산시 수질연구소) ;
- 전창재 (울산시 수질연구소) ;
- 이병호 (울산대학교 건설환경공학부)
- Received : 2013.01.22
- Accepted : 2013.12.02
- Published : 2013.12.30
Algae blooms have soared recently in the lakes across the nation due to eutrophication. Blue-green algae cause unpleasant scene, produce taste and odor problem, and hinder processes in drinking water treatment. Algae toxicity monitoring has been strengthened, because the damages of wild lives and livestocks by algal toxins have been reported. Investigation on the characteristics of cyanobacterial occurrence and concentration distribution of Cyanotoxins in Hoeya reservoir have been conducted. Physical and chemical influences of water environment on cyanobacterial occurrences have also been studied. Movements of four species of Microcystin and five species of Anatoxin-a among Cyanotoxins were observed by LC-MS/MS analysis. Microcystis spp. among the cyanobacteria have mainly dominated in the Hoeya reservoir during the investigating period. The density of cyanobacteria were positively correlated with temperature and pH of water. Highest concentrations of Microcystin-LR and Microcystin-RR were
- Environmental Ministry, "Water treatment policy of major water sources due to algal bloom,"(2012.8).
- National Institute of Environmental Research, "Mechanisms of Cyanobacterial toxins generation and their decay,"(2007).
- Lee, J. A., Lee, S. Y. and Pyo, D. J., "Quantitative Analysis of Microcystins, Cyanobacterial Toxins in Soyang Lake," J. Kor. Chem. Soc., 46(6), 535-539(2002). https://doi.org/10.5012/jkcs.2002.46.6.535
- Suh, M.-Y., Kim, B.-H. and Han, M.-S., "Cyanpbacterial Bloom and Microcystin-LR in Eutrophic Waters," Kor. J. Sanitation," 20(2), 1-11(2005).
- Kim, B. C., Kim, H. S. and Yu, M. C., "Distribution of Cyanobacterial toxin occurring in Korean Lakes," Kor. Water Qual. Conservation Assoc. Proc. Spring Conference, 141-144(1998).
- Kim, B.-C., Kim, E.-K., Pyo, D. J., Park, H.-D. and Heo, W.-M., "Toxic Cyanobacterial Blooms in Korean Lakes," Dong Hwha Technology,(1999).
- Choi, A. R., Oh, H.-M. and Lee, J. A., "Ecological Study on the Toxic Microcystis in downstream of the Nakdong River," Algae, 17(3), 171-185(2002). https://doi.org/10.4490/ALGAE.2002.17.3.171
- Lee, I. J., Lee, C. G., Heo, S. N. and Lee, J. G., "Analysis of anatoxin-a in aqueous and cyanobacterial samples from korean lakes by liquid chromatography with fluorescence detection," Anal. Sci. Technol., 24(8), 225-230(2011). https://doi.org/10.5806/AST.2011.24.3.225
- Xie, L. et al., "The role of environmental parameters in the structure of phytoplankton assemblages and cyanobacteria toxins in two hypereutrophic lakes," Hydrobiologia, 691, 255-268(2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-012-1077-1
- Te, S. H. and Gin, K. Y.-H., "The dynamics of cyanobacteria and microcystin production in a trophical reservior of Singapore," Harmful Algae, 10, 319-329(2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hal.2010.11.006
- Li, D. et al. "Quantification of microcystin-producing and non-microcystin producing Microcystis populations during the 2009 and 2010 blooms in Lake Taihu using quantitative real-time PCR," J. Environ. Sci., 24(2), 284-290(2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/S1001-0742(11)60745-6
- Oh, H. M., Lee, S. J., Kim, J. H., Kim, H. S. and Yoon, B. D., "Seasonal Variation and Indirect Monitoring of Microcystin Concentrations in Daechung reservoir, Korea," Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 67(4), 1484-1489(2001). https://doi.org/10.1128/AEM.67.4.1484-1489.2001
- Kim, H. C. and Choi, I. W., "Analysis of Neurotoxins, Anatoxin- a, Saxitoxin in Algae Cultured and Algae in Dam Reservoir and its Treatment," J. Environ. Sanitary Eng., 23(4), 37-44(2008).