- Volume 1 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on Estimation of Energy Expenditure using Horseback Riding Simulator
승마 시뮬레이터를 이용한 운동 시 에너지 소모량 추정에 관한 연구
- Park, Seongbin (Wellness Technology R&D Group, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Hyeong, Chun-Ho (Wellness Technology R&D Group, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Kim, Sayup (Wellness Technology R&D Group, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Chung, Kyung-Ryul (Wellness Technology R&D Group, Korea Institute of Industrial Technology)
- 박성빈 (한국생산기술연구원 웰니스융합연구그룹) ;
- 형준호 (한국생산기술연구원 웰니스융합연구그룹) ;
- 김사엽 (한국생산기술연구원 웰니스융합연구그룹) ;
- 정경렬 (한국생산기술연구원 웰니스융합연구그룹)
- Received : 2013.11.26
- Accepted : 2013.12.26
- Published : 2013.12.31
The horseback riding simulator, an exercise training machine providing a simplified horse riding motion has been developed for aiming at healthcare. The purpose of this study was to estimate the energy expenditure without measuring bio-signals using the simulator. The test protocol was consisted of increase up to maximal intensity(Motion 9) and decrease down to minimal intensity(Motion 4) during 25 minutes, and energy expenditure was measured by portable cardiopulmonary exercise testing analyzer. There were significant differences in energy expenditure according to each riding motion. The result will be able to estimate energy expenditure using motion level, exercise time, age and gender during the riding.
- Ainsworth, B. E., Haskell, W. L., Montoye, H. J., Sallis, J. F. and Paffenbarger, R. S., 1993, "Compendium of Physical Activities: Classification of Energy Costs of Human Physical Activities," Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 71-81. https://doi.org/10.1249/00005768-199301000-00011
- Westering, D., 1983, "A Study of Physical Demands in Riding," European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, Vol. 50, pp. 373-382,. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00423243
- Devienne, M. F. and Guezennec, C. Y., 2000, "Energy Expenditure of Horse Riding," European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, Vol. 82, pp. 499-503. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004210000207
- Sung, B. J., Chung, D. S., Kim, B. H., Back, J. H., Ko, B. G. and Lee, E. J., 2004, "The Change of HR, VO2, VE, MET and Calory Expenditure in Horseback-Riding Simulator's Walking Types," Korea Journal of Sport Science, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 1-13.
- Twaddle, B. J. and Papadopoulos, C., 2005, "Assessment of the Kb1-c Portable Metabolic Measurement System During Submaximal Cycle and Treadmill Exercise," Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, Vol. 37, Supplement, S25-S26.
- Gore, C. J., Clark, R. J., Shipp, N. J., Van Der Ploeg, G. E. and Withers, R. T., 2003, "CPX/D Underestimates VO(2) in Athletes Compared with an Automated Douglas Bag System," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Vol. 35, No. 8, pp. 1341-1347. https://doi.org/10.1249/01.MSS.0000079045.86512.C5
- Keller, D. M., Parcell, A. C., Hoyt, G., Vehrs, P. R., Orr, J. and Nelson, C., 2002, "Validity of a Portable Device to Measure VO2," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. Vol. 34, Supplement, S149.
- Souza, F. de B., Pacheco, M. T. T., Strottmann, I. B., Teixeira, C. G. P., Fortes, C. E. A., Lyon, J. P., Moreira, L. M. and Osorio, R. A. L., 2008, " 'Metabolic and Cardiorespiratory Parameter Analysis of Young Female Adults During Horseback Riding at a Walking Gait," Isokinetics and Exercise Science, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 263-267.
- Chung, K. R., Park, S. B., Kim, S. Y. and Park, G. D., 2011, "Real-Time Exercise Load Control Using Heart Rate Response During Exercise on a Stationary Bicycle," Procedia Engineering, Vol. 13, pp. 322-327. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2011.05.092
- Trowbridge, E. A. Cotterill, J. V. and Crofts, C. E., 1995, "The Physical Demands of Riding in National Hunt Races," European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology, Vol. 70, pp. 66-69. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00601810
- Al-Ahmad, A., Homer, M. and Wang, P, 2004, "Accuracy and Utility of Multi-Sensor Armband ECG Signal Compared With Holter Monitoring," Cardiac Arrhythmia Service, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA. New Arrhythmia Technologies Retreat in Chicago, IL.
- Andreacci, J. L., Dixon, C. B. and McConnell, T. R., 2006, "Validation of SenseWear Armband to Assess Energy Expenditure in Children Ranging in Body Size," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. Vol. 38, Supplement, S255.
- Hanby, C. L., Matthews, C. E., FACSM and Chen, K., 2005, "Counting Steps With Four Physical Activity Monitors," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. Vol. 37, Supplement, S117.
- King, G. A., Deemer, S. E., Franco, B. M., Potter, C. and Coleman, K. J., 2005. "Comparison of Activity Monitors to Estimate Energy Cost of Treadmill Exercise," Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, Vol. 36, No. 7, pp. 1244-1251.
- Song, C. D. and Ko, K., 2011, "4-Way Riding Eperience Certificate Lineup Induction Rayideubot," KR-A-10-2011-0037167.