- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Geumgoeshingi-Whan Pharmacopuncture on the Blood Pressure in Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats
- Lee, Meesun (Pusan National University School of Korean Medicine) ;
- Lee, Sangmi (WUGOH ALS Center of Wonkwang University) ;
- Jeong, Hohyn (WUGOH ALS Center of Wonkwang University) ;
- Park, Manyong (WUGOH ALS Center of Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Woung (Department of Internal Medicine, Wonkwang Gwangju Oriental Medical Hospital) ;
- Song, Bong-Keun (Department of Oriental Internal Medicine, Wonkwang Gwangju Oriental Medical Hospital) ;
- Lee, Jong-Deok (Department of Radiology, Wonkwang University College of Korean Medicine) ;
- Lee, Ho Sub (Professional Graduate School of Oriental Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Sungchul (WUGOH ALS Center of Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2013.01.10
- Accepted : 2013.01.29
- Published : 2013.03.31
Objective: The aim of this experiment was to investigate the effect and the mechanism of Geumgoeshingi-whan (GGSGW) Pharmacopuncture at the acupoint GV 4 on the blood pressure in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). Methods: SHR were injected with normal saline solution (Control-SHR group)or GGSGW Pharmacopuncture (GGSGW-SHR group) at the acupoint GV 4. The systolic arterial blood pressure and renal parameters were measured for two weeks. Results: The systolic arterial blood pressure was decreased significantly after GGSGW Pharmacopuncture at the acupoint GV 4 in SHR, followed by a significant rise in creatine clearance. The plasma levels of aldosterone were decreased significantly after GGSGW Pharmacopunctureas were the plasma levels of atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP). Conclusion: These results suggest that the blood pressure was decreased significantly after GGSGW Pharmacopuncture at the acupoint GV 4 in SHR and that the depressor response of the blood pressure was related to decreases in the plasma levels of aldosterone and ANP.
Supported by : Ministry for Health & Welfare
- Kim J, Kang DI. A descriptive statistical approach to the Korean pharmacopuncture therapy. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2010;3(3):141-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2005-2901(10)60029-5
- Lee HJ. [Introduction to pharmacopuncture and it's clinic]. Seoul: Il-Chung-Sa; 1999. p. 13-4. Korean.
- Yin CS, Koh HG. [The first documental record on bee venom therapy in Oriental medicine]. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 1998;15(1):143-7. Korean.
- Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute. [Pharmacopuncturology]. Seoul: Elsevier Korea LLC; 2008. Chapter 1, Definition & History; p. 3-5. Korean.
- Koh HK. [Transpositional acupoints of the rat]. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 1999;16(3):115-22. Korean.
- Shah A, Gao S, Oh YB, Park WH, Kim SH. Oxidative stress augments the secretion of atrial natriuretic peptide in isolated rat atria. Peptides. 2011;32(6):1172-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.peptides.2011.03.010
- Cho KW, Kim SH, Hwang YH, Seul KH. Extracellular fluid translocation in perfused rabbit atria: implication in control of atrial natriuretic peptide secretion. J Physiol. 1993;468:591-607. https://doi.org/10.1113/jphysiol.1993.sp019790
- Falck G, Skarra S, Jynge P. Cardiac contractile function and electrolyte regulation during hyperosmolal stress: an experimental study in the isolated rabbit heart. Pharmacol Toxicol. 1999;84(4):174-80. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0773.1999.tb00896.x
- Lee KS. [Etiology of hypertention]. The Journal of East-West Medicine. 1979;4(3):38-41. Korean.
- World Health Organization Western Pacific Region. WHO international standard terminologies on traditional medicine in the western pacific region. Manila: World Health Organization, Regional Office for the Western Pacific; 2007. p. 356.
- Chang IK. [A documental study about Shingiwhan applied to the treatment of so-gal]. The Journal of East-West Medicine. 1985;10(4):86-93. Korean.
- Park KH. Review on the fifteen connecting point. [Thesis collection of Daejon University]. Daejon: Daejon University; 1985. p. 407-24. Korean.
- Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute. [Korean pharmacopuncture institute compilation:a pharmacopuncture prepared from herbs and clinical application]. Seoul: Korean Pharmacopuncture Institute; 1997. p. 9-10. Korean.
- Acupuncture Application in Chronic Kidney Disease and its Potential Mechanisms vol.46, pp.06, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1142/S0192415X18500611