- Volume 30 Issue 2
Effect of Manipulation Complex Therapy on Ankle Sprain with Ankle Pain
족관절 염좌에 대한 수기요법(手技療法) 복합치료가 미치는 영향
- Shim, Youn Seop (Department of Acupuncture & Moxibustion Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Gachon University) ;
- Song, Ho Sueb (Department of Acupuncture & Moxibustion Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Gachon University)
- Received : 2013.03.21
- Accepted : 2013.03.28
- Published : 2013.04.20
Objectives : This study was to evaluate the effectiveness of manipulation complex therapy on ankle sprain with ankle pain. Methods : We divided ankle sprain with ankle pain patient into 2 groups; one group combined manipulation therapy and acupuncture therapy, another group was only acupuncture therapy. To estimate the efficacy of treatment that applied for two groups, we used visual analog scale(VAS) and ankle-hindfoot scale(AHS). We compared the VAS score and AHS score of two groups statistically. Results : 1. As a result of evaluation by using visual analog scale(VAS) and ankle-hindfoot scale(AHS), treatment score at final was marked more higher than score before treatment on each groups. 2. treatment at final, acupuncture and manipulation therapy group had significant result on visual analog scale(VAS) and ankle-hindfoot scale(AHS) compared with acupuncture therapy group. Conclusions : Manipulation therapy can be used with acupuncture therapy for highly effective treatment for ankle sprain with ankle pain.
Supported by : Gachon University
- Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. Acupuncture and Moxibustion Medicine. Paju : Jipmoondang. 2012 : 568-9.
- Frank H Netter. The CIBA Collection of Medical Illustrations Volume 8 Part III. Seoul : Jungdam. 2000 : 21, 207.
- The Korean Orthopaedic Association. Orthopedics. Seoul : Newest Medicine Company. 1999 : 524- 9, 533-4.
- You TS, Park DS, Kang SK. Clinical observations on treatment of ankle sprain. The J of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2004 ; 21(1) : 168-75.
- SNU hospital. Manual of resident treatment. Seoul : Medicine Publishing Company. 1994 : 499.
- Kim JG, Kang J, Yun JI. Hanbanggeungolgwahak. Seoul : Uiseongdang. 2009 : 21-4.
- Kim Kyung-ho. Study of the Effect of Bloodletting Cupping Treatment for Acute Ankle Sprain: A Randomize Controlled Trial. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2005 ; 22(3) : 243-2.
- Young-Il Kim, Young-Hwa Kim, Hyen Lee, Byung-Ryul Lee. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2001 ; 18(5) : 50-59.
- Song Ho-Seub. The Effect of Bee Venom Acupuncture( BVA) on acute Ankle Sprain : A Randomized Controlled Trial and double blinding - Pilot study. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture &Moxibustion Society. 2005 ; 18(2) : 30.
- Kim Kyung-Tae, An Byeong-Jun, Kang Mi- Suk, Song Ho-Sueb. A Clinical Study of Bee Venom Acupuncture Therapy on Chronic Arthritis of Ankle. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2006 ; 23(4) : 21-6
- Kitaoka HB, Alexander IJ, Adelaar RS, Nunley JA, Myerson MS, Sander M. Clinical rating systems for the ankle-hindfoot, midfoot, hallux and lesser toes. The American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle International. 1994 ; 15(7) : 349-53. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110079401500701
- James G. Managing Ankle Sprains. The Physician and Sports Medicine. 1997 ; 3(3) : 56-68
- The American Orthopaedic Association. Essentials of Musculoskeletal Care. Seoul : Hanuri. 1999 : 390-4.
- Ahn Ho-jin, Jeong Dong-hwa, Hwang Kyu-seon et al. The Comparative Study on the Dong-si Acupuncture Therapy and General Acupuncture Therapy for the Patient with Ankle Sprain. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2003 ; 20(1) : 120-30.