- Volume 7 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
How to Improve Image Quality for the Chest PA and the Simple Abdomen X-ray Examinations
흉, 복부 단순 X-ray 검사 시 영상의 질 향상 방법
- Cho, Pyong Kon (Department of Radiological Science, Catholic University of Daegu)
- 조평곤 (대구가톨릭대학교 방사선학과)
- Received : 2013.04.04
- Accepted : 2013.06.21
- Published : 2013.06.30
The purpose of this study is to examine how much the movement at X-ray examinations like breathing or the positioning affects the image during chest or abdomen X-ray examination so as to create an image containing information as much as possible. The study method adopted is doing the X-ray in each of the states including breathing (inspiration & expiration) and movement in the standing chest PA X-ray and simple abdomen X-ray among the kinds of examination selected the most in hospitals and then evaluating them by applying the standards of image evaluation for each region. According to the study result, about the standing chest PA X-ray, the images taken at inspiration contain more information than those taken at expiration or having subtle movement during the examination. About the simple abdomen X-ray, the images taken at expiration contain more information than those taken at inspiration or movement. The above study results imply that regarding general X-ray examination, information we can find from the images may differ significantly according to the region examined, examination purpose, or movement during the examination like breathing.
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements: NCRP Report No. 93, 1988.
- http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/basic-ref/ glossary/exposure.html
- 강해원, 박준철, 강홍석, 이인자, 신화수, 허준. 흉부 X선 사진 시스템의 성능평가, 대한방사선기술학회지(방사선기술과학), Vol.10, No.1, pp.31-35, 1987.
- 조평곤, 강병삼, 김승철 등. 방사선영상학 개정3판, pp.446-449, 대학서림, 2012.
- 조평곤, 강병삼, 김승철 등. 방사선영상학 개정3판, pp.240-243, 대학서림, 2012.
- 이기열, 강덕식, 강은영 등. 흉부영상진단 X선, pp.1-22, 군자출판사, 2012
- 가톨릭대학교 의과대학 방사선학교실, 실전 영상의학, pp.29-31, 군자출판사, 2010.
- Assessment of Entrance Surface Dose and Image Distortion in Accordance with Abdominal Obesity in the Chest Radiography vol.9, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.7.473