- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Improved Safety and Efficiency of Shunting In View of Principles of Train Operation Safety
안전 및 효율성 제고를 위한 입환방식에 열차운전원칙 적용에 관한 연구
- Jeon, Young Seok (Korea National University of Transportation, Department of Operation System Engineering)
- Received : 2012.08.22
- Accepted : 2012.11.29
- Published : 2013.04.28
The definition and classification of shunting, which involves the process of sorting rolling stock into complete train sets inside station yard, are not clearly specified in Korean domestic safety regulations for railway operations. As a result, collisions during shunting occur rather frequently compared with other types of accidents in railway operations. Therefore, new systematic safety principles are proposed in this paper to improve operation safety during shunting. The improvements in safety and efficiency derived from the newly proposed approach are analyzed and verified in field application.
Supported by : 한국교통대학교
- ORR (2007) Railway safety publication 3, Office of Rail Regulation, Safety Movement of Trains.
- IEC (2011) Railway applications automated urban guided transport, International Electrotechnical Commission.
- Railway safety law (2009) legislated in 2004, Act No.7245.
- Ministry of Construction & Transportation (2010) Railway operation rule, legislated in 2005, Act of Ministry of Construction & Transportation No.454.
- Urban railway law (2010) legislated in 1979, Act No.3167.
- Ministry of Construction & Transportation (2006) Urban Railway operation rule, legislated in 1995, Act of Ministry of Construction & Transportation No.23.
- Y.S. Jeon, H.S. Lee, C.S. Kim (2010) A study on the driving regulation of the urban railway vehicles with block systems, Collection of dissertations of The Korean Society for Railway, 13(1), pp. 92-98.
- Y.-S. Jeon, H.-S. Lee, J.-B. Wang (2011) A study on the train composition requirements for safety operation of urban-transit, Collection of dissertations of The Korean Society for Railway, 14(1), pp. 66-72. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.1.66
- H.-S. Chae, W.-S. Sim, J.-W. Lee (2003) A study on moving block using communication based train control system - intelligence train control system, Collection of dissertations of The Korean Society for Railway on the great autumn meeting at 2003, pp. 574-580.
- J.-W. Lee, J.-G. Hwang, E.-J. Joung, C.-B. Jung (2000) A study on decision method of block section, Collection of dissertations of The Korean Society for Railway on the great spring meeting at 2000, pp. 316-323.
- Y.-H. Lee, J.-K. Kim, S.-H. Ryu, Y.-H. Lee (2001) The study on the signal controls for the mixed train operation on the fixed block, Collection of Dissertations of The Korean Society for Railway on the great autumn meeting at 2001, pp. 350-357.
- D.-Y. Jung, H.-S. Kim (1997) Simulation of the flexible moving blocks system to shorten headway of subway trains, Collection of Dissertations of The Korea Society for Simulation, 6(2), pp. 59-69.
- Korea Railroad Research Institute (2007) Establishment of risk analysis and assessment system for railway accidents and hazards, Minsistry of Construction and Transportation Korea Institute of Construction & Transportation Technology Evlution and Planing.
- Korail (2010) Report on the accident of railway vehicle obstacle, Korail.