- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparative Study on the Characteristics of Public Transport Users According to the Types of Transit Station Influence Areas in Seoul's Urban Railway's
서울시 도시철도 환승역세권 유형별 대중교통이용자 특성 비교연구
- Lim, Sam-Jin (Korea Railway Association) ;
- Park, Jun-Tae (Korea Railway Association) ;
- Kim, Tae-Ho (Research Center, Hyundai Marine & Fire Insurance)
- Received : 2012.11.05
- Accepted : 2013.03.11
- Published : 2013.04.28
This study This study aims to identify sound developmental directions for transit-oriented development (TOD), which is a topic of interest in the field of urban development, and conducts an empirical analysis of station influence areas within Seoul according to the characteristics of transit types. The results suggest that there are differences among variables that influence demand for public transportation according to transit types. This means that it is necessary to identify improvement plans in developing public transport strategies for the capital region based on such differentiated influence factors and to build foundations to continue to increase demand for public transportation. Also, station influence areas should be developed into hubs by establishing appropriate bus-only lane networks as a supplementary means, rather than directly connecting subway stations with each other.
- R. Ewing, R. Cervero (2001) Travel and the Built Environment: A Synthesis, Transportation Research Board, No 1780.
- H.G. Sung, T.H. Kim (2005) A study on categorizing subway station areas in seoul by rail use pattern, Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 23(8), pp. 19-29.
- H.G. Sung, J.H. Park, D.J. Kim (2007) Impact analyses of transit- oriented development and revising current transportation and urban planning laws for its application in Korea, The Korea Transport Institute.
- H.S. Lim (2002) A Study on the relationship between spatial configuration and land prices, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 18(7), pp. 133-140.
- B.W. Lee, S.J. Lee (2005) Accessibility (serviceability) of hierarchical bus network in Seoul, Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 23(8), pp. 163-170.
- H. Chae, T.H. Kim, Y.R. Choi (2009) A study on the correlation of changing pedestrian network and building uses due to the restoration project of Cheonggyecheon, Seoul studies, 10(1), pp. 169-182.
- Y.T. Oh, T.H. Kim, J.J. Park, J.H. Rho (2009) An empirical analysis of influencing factors toward public transportation demand considering land use type Seoul subway station area in Seoul, Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 29(4D), pp. 467-472.
- An Empirical Study on the Correlation between TOD Planning Elements and Subway Ridership in Busan Metropolitan City vol.17, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.11108/kagis.2014.17.3.147
- Meso-Scale Urban Form Elements for Bus Transit-Oriented Development: Evidence from Seoul, Republic of Korea vol.9, pp.9, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/su9091516
- Exploring the Relationship between Transfer Trips and Land Use vol.15, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12815/kits.2016.15.2.001