- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Statistical Study on Doorway Flow-time for Designing Doors of Ui LRT
우이-신설 경전철 출입문 설계를 위한 승하차시간 분석 연구
- Oh, Suk-Mun (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Jang, Hyeon-Mog (Infrastructure Headquarters, Seoul Metropolitant Government) ;
- Shin, Han-Chul (General of Rapid transit Seoul Metropolitant Government)
- Received : 2012.10.22
- Accepted : 2013.03.13
- Published : 2013.04.28
This paper presents an analysis of door design for the Ui LRT based on experiments to predict doorway flow-time and their analyses results. A similar railway vehicle (from Gimhae LRT) and operational conditions are utilized to assess the doorway flow-time through repetitive experiments. Design of the experiments consists of four scenarios, and the experiments are repeated 39 times in total. We use the results of the experiments to verify the design of doors of Ui LRT (e.g. the required number of doors and their width). Various statistical analyses are carried out for the flow-time with respect to the number of boarding/alighting passengers. We make three category levels of boarding/alighting passengers, and analyze the mean and variance for each category, and then carry out One-Way ANOVA to analyze how the number of boarding/alighting and onboard passengers impact flow-time. The results of this paper can be used for making decisions about doors of the LRT vehicle.
- Seoul City (2011) Implementation plan for public private partnership project of Ui LRT (Driving and Operation).
- S.-M. Oh (2005) An analysis of the passenger flow time in the congested subway stations, Proceeding of The Korean Society for Railway - Spring Conference in 2005, Uiwang, pp. 42-49.
- S.-M. Oh, H.-L. Rho, Y.-H. Kim, S.-H. Hong (2012) A comparative study on methods of assessing railroad track capacity, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(6), pp. 670-681. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.6.670
- Ministry of Construction & Transportation (2005), Korean Manual of Road Capacity.
- Sung Myung Uhn (2012) An empirical estimation model for bus boarding and alighting times, Master's Thesis, Ahju University.
- A. Puong (2000) Dwell time model and analysis for the MBTA, Massachusetts Institute of Technology Research Memo.
- Transportation research board/national research council, Chapter 4- Station dwells (1996) TCRP report 13 - Rail Transit Capacity(part B), pp. 38-64.
- Transportation research board/national research council (1999) Transit capacity and quality of service manual, TCRP web document 6.
- M.A. Cundill, P.F. Watts (1973) Bus boarding and alighting times, Britain Transport and road research laboratory.
- R.A. Chapman (1975) Bus boarding times a review of studies and suggestions for interpretation, University of Newcastle.
- Richard P. Guenthner and Kumarcs C. Sinha (1983) Modeling Bus Delay due to Passenger Boardings and Alightings, TRB 915, pp. 7-13.
- K.Y. Kyun, K.S. Young (2000) Analysis of Dwell Time for Metro Bus, Master's Thesis, Myongji University.
- J.H. Kim (2005) A Study on Calculation of Dwell Capacity through Analysis of Dwell Time for Metro Bus, Master's Thesis, Hanyang University.
- Patrick Royston (1982) An Extension of Shapiro and Wilk's W Test for Normality to Large Samples. Applied Statistics, 31, pp. 115-124. https://doi.org/10.2307/2347973
- An Analysis of Boarding and Alighting Times for Urban Railway Vehicles vol.17, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.3.210
- Comprehensive analysis of the influence of door width on the passenger flow time on Korean urban railways vol.230, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1177/0954409715607905