- Volume 33 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Live Load Design Standards Considering Moving Load (For Shorter than 60m Span)
이동하중을 고려한 활하중 설계기준 연구 (60m 이하 교량)
- Received : 2011.10.10
- Accepted : 2013.04.23
- Published : 2013.07.30
The current domestic design criteria of live load employs DL-24 load and DB-24 load. Particularly for long span bridges above 45meters, DL-24 load is forced to apply and design them, since the shearing force and the moment of DL-24 load appears more dominate than those of DB-24. But it appeared that this DL-24 load didn't meet the vehicles traveling load, which affected bridges in real use. Hence this paper defined ML-24 load similar to the load applied to real bridges and also defined a new live load model, RL-24 load, after adjusting the existing DL-24 load, which doesn't meet the moment and the shearing force of ML-24. As the result of applying and reviewing RL-24 load to simple bridges of span of 45~60m, the results satisfying both the moment and the shearing force applied to bridges in real use by traveling load were attained. Besides, the applicability of it was examined in comparison with live load models of home and abroad.
- Han, M. Y. and Park, J. B. (2001). "Development of design program for continuous IPC girder bridges." Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 4-A, pp. 505-514 (in Korean).
- Hwang, E. S. (2009). "Development of vehicular load model using heavy truck weight distribution (II)." Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 29, No. 3-A, pp. 199-207 (in Korean).
- Hwang, E. S. (2009). "Development of vehicular load model using heavy truck weight distribution (I)." Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 29, No. 3-A, pp. 189-197 (in Korean).
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs of South Korea (2008). Standards for road bridge design (in Korean).
- Korea Road & Transportation Association (2008). Standard specification of road bridge (in Korean).
- Uhm, J. Y. (1997). Development and application of the long span PC beam bridge using high strength concrete (I), Korea Institute of Construction Technology (in Korean).
- Han, M. Y. (1999). Development of long span IPC girder bridges, Research Center of Civil Engineering Technology, Ajou University (in Korean).
- Jin, K. S., Han, M. Y., Kang, T. H., Kang, B. M. and Jeon, Y. S. (2010). "A study on application of existing live load design standards for long span bridges." Proceedings of the 2010 Conference of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, p. 2511 (in Korean).
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (2004). AASHTO LRFD bridge design specifications.