- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
An Algorithm for Resource-Unconstrained Earliness-Tardiness Problem with Partial Precedences
자원 제약이 없는 환경에서 부분 우선순위를 고려한 Earliness-Tardiness 최적 일정계획 알고리즘
- 하병현 (부산대학교 산업공학과)
- Received : 2013.05.06
- Accepted : 2013.05.09
- Published : 2013.06.30
In this paper, we consider the minimization of the total weighted earliness-tardiness penalty of jobs, regarding the partial precedences between jobs. We present an optimal scheduling algorithm in O(n(n+m log m)) where n is the number of jobs and m is the number of partial precedences. In the algorithm, the optimal schedule is constructed iteratively by considering each group of contiguous jobs as a block that is represented by a tree.
Supported by : 교육부
- Cho, S.A., C.H. Cho, D.H. Lee, and C.B. Kim, "Single machine scheduling with maximum allowable tardiness in ET model," Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, Vol.23, No.1(1998), pp.29-41.
- Garey, M.R., R.E. Tarjan, and G.T. Wilfong, "One-processor scheduling with symmetric earliness and tardiness penalties," Mathematics of Operations Research, Vol.13, No.2 (1988), pp.330-348. https://doi.org/10.1287/moor.13.2.330
- Kedad-Sidhoum, S., Y.R. Solis, and F. Sourd, "Lower bounds for the earliness-tardiness scheduling problem on parallel machines with distinct due dates," European Journal of Operational Research, Vol.189, No.3(2008), pp.1305-1316. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2006.05.052
- Kim, S.J. and C.Y. Lee, "Application of genetic algorithm to a job scheduling problem," Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, Vol.17, No.3(1992), pp.1-12.
- Kim, S.Y. and R.C. Leachman, "A new approach for resource allocation in project scheduling with variable-duration activities," Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, Vol.19, No.3(1994), pp.139-149.
- Kim, Y.D. and C.A. Yano, "Minimizing mean tardiness and earliness in single-machine scheduling problems with unequal due dates," Naval Research Logistics, Vol.41, No.7(1994), pp.913-933. https://doi.org/10.1002/1520-6750(199412)41:7<913::AID-NAV3220410705>3.0.CO;2-A
- Park, K.T. and K.H. Kim, "Berth scheduling for container terminals by using a sub-gradient optimization technique," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.53, No.9 (2002), pp.1054-1062. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jors.2601412
- Vanhoucke, M., E. Demeulemeester, and W. Herroelen, "An exact procedure for the resource-constrained weighted earliness-tardiness project scheduling problem," Annals of Operations Research, Vol.102, No.1-4(2001), pp.330-348.
- West, D.B., Introduction to Graph Theory, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, NJ, second edition, 2001.
- Xie, W. and N.V. Sahinidis, "A branch-and-bound algorithm for the continuous facility layout problem," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.32, No.4-5(2008), pp. 1016-1028.