- Volume 18 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Design and Development of Convergence Education Programs for Expansion of Learning Ability in the 21st Century
21세기 학습 능력 신장을 위한 융합교육 프로그램 설계 및 개발
- Jeong, Jae-Hoon (Dept. of Computer Education, Korea National University of Education) ;
- Lee, Tae-Wuk (Dept. of Computer Education, Korea National University of Education)
- Received : 2013.06.25
- Accepted : 2013.08.02
- Published : 2013.08.30
The objectives of this study are to investigate core learning ability necessary for the 21st century and to develop core human resources required for social and national development in the future. The '21st Century Learning Ability Project' is to approach the existing knowledge and learning multidisciplinary and interactively based on the learning ability of each learner and individually and socially valuable themes. Even in Korea, a variety of intersubject integrative educational curriculum was attempted to cultivate learning ability. However, there are not enough teachers who can teach the differences between the content and characteristics for each subject by fully understanding them. Thus, it is difficult to apply them easily to the field of education. Thus, this study develops the multidisciplinary customized educational curriculum in order to develop the learning ability necessary for the 21st century, analyzes the reality of the educational curriculum integrating the academic knowledge in order to support this effectively. As a result, this study offers the interdisciplinary customized integrated model applicable to elementary and middle schools.
- Sujin Kim et al, "Findings for TIMSS for Korea : TIMSS 2011 International Results," Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation, 2012.
- Sanghyo Seo, "A Study on the relationship between Instruction Using Simulation Program and Academic Achievement," Master Thesis Graduate School of Incheon National University, 2009.
- David Buckingham, "Media Education," Blackwell Publishing, pp. 138, 2004.
- Gwangu Lee, "Study of Curriculum Vision of Elementary and Secondary School for the Strengthening of the Core Competencies of Korean Future," Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation, Oct. 2009.
- Jaehoon Jeong, Seonhoe Kim, Dongsu Nam, Taeuk Lee, "A Study of Multidisciplinary Customized Curriculum Model for 21st Century Learning Ability Extension," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 17, No. 11, 2012.
- Functionality of Algodoo, http://www.Algodoo.com/what-is-it
- Seungjin Bang et al, "Gifted Education for the Training of Producers Creative Knowledge : Secondary Mathematics", Office of Education, Korean Educational development Institute, pp. 22, Jan. 2004.
- Ministry of Education "Curriculum Description of the Elementary School IV Mathematics, Science, Prctical Course," Ministry of Education, 2008a.