- Volume 16 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Field Tests and Resonance Behavior Corresponding to the Damping Ratio of a High Speed Railroad Bridge
고속철도 교량의 현장실험 및 감쇠비 개선에 따른 공진 시 동적응답의 분석
- Kim, Sungil (Advanced Infrastructure Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Hyunmin (Advanced Infrastructure Team, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Park, Donguk (Seismic Simulation Test Center, Pusan National University Pusan National University Yangsan Campus)
- Received : 2013.05.21
- Accepted : 2013.07.26
- Published : 2013.08.31
In general, it is difficult to measure dynamic responses of a bridge with stepwise increasing speed of a train during commercial service on a high speed railroad. However, before opening the 2nd stage of the Gyeongbu high speed railroad, there was an opportunity for field tests and measurements of the bridge with stepwise increasing speed(from 170km/ h to 315km/h). The measured responses were compared with the results of a developed bridge/train interaction analysis. Although good agreement was found throughout almost the entire range of speeds, relatively large differences were found in the vicinity of the critical speed at which resonance behavior of the bridge occurs. To investigate the cause of this, reanalyses are performed with re-estimated damping ratios from field tests.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- S.I. Kim, D.S. Kim (2011) Traffic safety and passenger comfort of a suspension bridge considering seismic loads, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 14(1), pp. 57-65. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.1.57
- Eurocode (2006) "Actions on Structures : General actions - Traffic loads on bridges", Eurocode 1 Part 2, European Committee for Standardization.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2011) "Railway Design Standard (Infrastructure)".
- D.U. Park, N.S. Kim, S.I. Kim (2009) Damping estimation of railway bridges using extended kalman filter, Journal of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 9(3), pp. 294-300. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.3.294
- Analysis of Modal Parameter Estimation Methods for Structural Integrity Monitoring of a Railroad Bridge vol.15, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2015.15.1.243