- Volume 23 Issue 4
Effects of Packaging Materials on the Physicochemical Characteristics of Seasoned Anchovies During Storage
포장재가 멸치조미가공품의 저장 중 이화학적 품질 특성에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Eui-Seok (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Hyong-Ju (O.E.M Team, Cheonan Plant, Namyang Dairy Products Co., Ltd.) ;
- Bae, Jae-Seok (Oil & Fats Development Nongshim Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Yong-Kuk (MGC Food Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Jong-Hyeouk (Chungnam Agricultural Research & Extension, Extension Service Bureau, Extension Planning Division) ;
- Hong, Soon-Taek (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, College of Agriculture and Life Science, Chungnam National University)
- 이의석 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 식품공학과) ;
- 이형주 ((주)남양유업 천안공장 임가공팀) ;
- 배재석 ((주)농심 유지개발팀) ;
- 김용국 (MGC 푸드) ;
- 이종혁 (충남농업기술원 농촌지원국 지도정책과) ;
- 홍순택 (충남대학교 농업생명과학대학 식품공학과)
- Received : 2013.07.25
- Accepted : 2013.08.30
- Published : 2013.08.31
This research is performed to investigate the changes in the physicochemical properties and microbial growths of seasoned anchovies with various packaging materials (PET/CPP : polyethylene terephthalate/cast polypropylene, PET/EVOH : polyethylene terephthalate/ethylene-vinyl alcohol, PET/AL/LDPE: polyethylene terephthalate/aluminum/low density polyethylene), which are stored at various temperatures (25, 35,
- AOAC (1985) Official methods of analysis. 16th ed. The Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC. pp 35-36.
- ASTM (2010) Standard test method for oxygen gas transmission rate through plastic film and sheeting using a coulometric sensor. Designations(D3985-05). pp 656-661.
- ASTM (1995) Standard test methods for water vapour transmission of materials. In: Standards Designations: E96-95. Annual Book of ASTM Standards. American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, PA, USA. pp 406-413.
- APHA (1976) Compendium of methods for the microbiological examination of foods. (M. Speak ed.), American Public Health Association, Washington DC. pp 663-681.
- Chung CY, Toyomizu M (1976) Studies on the browning of dehydrated foods as a function of water activity. Bull Japan Sco Sci Fish 42: 697-702. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.42.697
- Conway EJ (1950) Microdiffusion analysis and volumetric error. Crosby, Lockwood and Son, London. pp 342- 348.
- Hayes RE, Bookwalter GN, Bagley EB (1977) Antioxidant activity of soybean flour and derivatives - A review. J Food Sci 42: 1527-1532. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1977.tb08417.x
- Jo KS, Kim YM, Kim HK, Kang TS (1987) Effect of packaging method on the storage stability of boiled-dried anchovy. Korean J Food Sci Technol 19: 195-199.
- Kim DH (2009) Food chemistry. Tamgusa, Korea. pp 401-447.
- Kwon JH, Jung HW, Byun MW, Kim JS (1995) Effects of storage temperature and packaging methods on the physicochemical quality of boiled-dried anchovies. J Fd Hyg Safety 10: 97-102.
- Labuza TP, Tannenbaum SE, Karel M (1970) Water content and stability of intermediate moisture foods. Food Tech 24: 543-549.
- Lee EH, Chung YH, Joo DS (1985a) The storage stability of semi-salted and dried mackerel by free-oxygen absorber. Bull Korean Fish Soc 18: 131-138.
- Lee KH, Kim CY, You BJ, Jea YG (1985b) Effect of packaging on the quality stability and shelf-life of dried anchovy. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 14: 229-234.
- Min DB, Smouse TM (1985) Flavor chemistry of fats and oils. American Oil Chemists' Society, Chicago. pp 39-60.
- Murray CK, Gibson DM (1973) An investigation of the method of determining trimehtylamine in fish muscle extracts by the formation of its picrate salt-Part I. J Food Technol 7: 35-46.
- Nishina A (1991) Antioxidant effects of tocopherol, BHA, and L-ascorbic acid for the model system of boiled and dried sardine and salted and dried sardine. B Jpn Soc Sci Fish 57: 2073-2076. https://doi.org/10.2331/suisan.57.2073
Noh JE, Byun MW, Kwon JH (2002) Quality and thermoluminescence properties of
$\gamma$-irradiated boiled-dried anchovies during storage. Korean J Food Preserv 9: 19-27.
- Oh KS (1990) Improvements and status of anchovy processing. Bulletin of the Institute of Fisheries Sciences 2: 107-116.
- Park HW, Kim BS, Park MH (1989) Comparison of shelf-life of vienna sausage packed with polyvinylidene chloride and nylon lamminated film. Korean J Food Sci Technol 21: 252-257.
- Pyeun JH, Heu MS, Cho DM, Kim HR (1995) Proteolytic properties of cathepsin L, chymotrypsin, and trypsin from the muscle and viscera of anchovy(Engraulis japonica). J Korean Fish Soc 28: 557-568.
- Robertson GL (2012) Food packaging: principles and practice. CRC Press, New York. pp 11-46.
- Seo HJ, Han SY, Choi HS, Han GJ, Park HY (2012) Quality Characteristics of cabbage kimchi by different packaging materials. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 28: 207-214. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.2.207
- Srinivasa Gopal TK, Viswanathan N, Kandorna MK, Prabhu PV, Gopakumar K (1998) Shelf-life of dried anchoviella in flexible packaging materials. Food Control 9: 205-209. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0956-7135(97)00082-0
- Turner EW, Paynter WD, Montie EJ, Bessert MW, Struck GM, Olson FC (1954) Use of the 2-thiobarbituric acid reagent to measure racidity in frozen pork. J Agric Food Chem 8: 326-330.
- The Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition (2000) Handbook of experiments in food science and nutrition. Hyoil Press, Seoul. pp 256-261.
- http://www.nfrdi.re.kr. Accessed July 13, 2013.