- Volume 37 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Analysis of Railway Vehicle with Wheel Unbalance
차륜 불평형이 있는 철도차량의 동적해석
- Lee, Seung Il (Dept. of Railway Vehicle System Engineering, Korea Transportation Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Choi, Yeon-Sun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.)
- Received : 2013.06.04
- Accepted : 2013.09.04
- Published : 2013.11.01
When the center of mass of a railway wheel is not aligned with the geometrical center of the wheel axis, wheel unbalance occurs. If a railway vehicle runs without removing the wheel unbalance, vibrations will be produced. This will also cause wear and damage of the axle bearing. In this study, dynamic analysis of a railway vehicle with wheel unbalance was conducted to examine the reduction in critical speed and the resonance of the car-body and the effect on the magnitude of wheel unbalance was examined. In addition, the calculation of the car-body vibration owing to static and dynamic unbalance in the railway wheel shows that two-plane balancing is necessary.
차륜 불평형은 차륜의 무게중심이 윤축의 기하학적 중심축에서 벗어나 있을 때 발생한다. 차륜 불평형을 수정하지 않고 주행하면 불평형에 의한 원심력이 차체의 진동을 발생시키게 되며 차륜의 마모를 촉진시키거나 차축 베어링에 손상을 주게 된다. 본 연구에서는 철도차량 동적해석을 통하여 차륜 불평형이 차량 임계속도와 차체 진동에 미치는 영향을 검토하였다. 차륜 불평형은 임계속도를 감소시키고 차체 공진을 유발할 수 있음을 알 수 있었다. 또한 차륜의 정적, 동적 불평형에 따른 차체진동을 해석함으로써 불평형 수정은 양면 밸런싱이 필요함을 밝혔다.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Ishida, M., Ban, T., Iida, K., Ishida, H. and Aoki, F., 2008, "Effect of Moderating Friction of Wheel/rail Interface on Vehicle/track Dynamic Behaviour," Wear, Vol. 265, No. 9-10, pp. 1497-1503. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2008.02.041
- Research Group on the Wheel Axis of High-Speed Train, 2008, "Railway Wheel Axis," Maruzen Pub. Co., pp. 210-213.
- UIC code 510-2 OR 1133 IEC, 2006, "Limiting Measurements for Manufacture and Reprofiling."
- TB/T2562-1995, "Testing Methods for the Static Balance of Wheel and Dynamic Balance of Wheelset"(in Chinese).
- Du, L. J. and Zhang, L. N., 2008, "The New Dynamic Balance Technology of Wheelsets for High Speed Cars," Science & Technology Information, Vol. 30, pp. 419-421(in Chinese).
- Wang, Y., Kang, H., Song, X. and Liang, Y., 2011, "Influence of Dynamic Unbalance of Wheelsets on the Dynamic Performance of High-Speed Cars," Journal of Modern Transportation (in Chinese), Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 147-153. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03325752
- Choi, Y. H. and Joe, C. R., 1996, "An Analysis of the Vibration due to the Wheel Imbalance in a Single Wheelset Suspension System," Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Transport Phenomena and Dynamics of Rotating Machinery, Vol. 1, pp. 123-131.
- Petersen, Ch. k., 1986, "Chaos in a Railway Bogie," Acta Mechanica 61, pp. 89-107.
- Jung, W. J., 1998, "An Analysis of Critical Speed of a Train using the Bifurcation Theory," KSME Fall Proceedings Transactions A, pp. 694-699.
- Jang, S. H. and Lee, S. I., 2006, "Numerical Simulation of Dynamic Behaviour of a Gauge-changeable Freight Wagon," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 461-466.
- VI-Rail, 2005, r2. 11.0 documentation.
- Bosso, N., Gugliotta, A. and Soma, A. 2000, "Simulation of a Freight Bogie with Friction Dampers," Proc. of the t\5th ADAMS/Rail User's Conference, Netherlands.
- Rao, S. S., 1992, "Mechanical Vibrations," Addison Wesley, pp. 418-425.