- Volume 26 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Rigid Body Dynamic Analysis on the Spent Nuclear Fuel Disposal Canister under Accidental Drop and Impact to the Ground: Theory
사고로 지면으로 추락낙하 충돌하는 고준위폐기물 처분용기에 대한 기구동역학 해석: 이론
- Kwon, Young-Joo (Department of Mechanical & Design Engineering, Hongik University)
- 권영주 (홍익대학교 기계정보공학과)
- Received : 2013.06.28
- Accepted : 2013.10.07
- Published : 2013.10.31
This paper is the first paper among two papers which constitute the paper about the rigid body dynamic analysis on the spent nuclear disposal canister under accidental drop and impact on to the ground. This paper performed the general theoretical study on the rigid body dynamic analysis. Through this study the impulsive force which is occurring in the spent nuclear fuel disposal canister under accidental drop and impact to the ground and required for the structural safety design of the canister is intended to be theoretically formulated. The main content of the theoretical study is about the equation of motion in the multibody dynamics. On the basis of this study the impulsive force which is occurring in the multibody in the case of collision between multibody is theoretically formulated. The application of this theoretically formulated impulsive force to computing the impulsive force occurring in the spent nuclear fuel disposal canister under accidental drop and impact to the ground is investigated.
- Bae D.S., Haug E.J. (1987a) A Recursive Formulation for Constrained Mechanical System Dynamics: Part I, Open Loop Systems, Mechanical Structures and Machines, 15(3), pp.359-382. https://doi.org/10.1080/08905458708905124
- Bae D.S., Haug E.J. (1987b) A Recursive Formulation for Constrained Mechanical System Dynamics: Part II, Closed Loop Systems, Mechanical Structures and Machines, 15(4), pp.481-506. https://doi.org/10.1080/08905458708905130
- Choi H.J, Lee J.Y., Cho D.K., Kim S.K., Kim S.S., Kim K.Y., Chung J.T., Lee M.S., Choi J.W., Lee J.O., Chun K.S., Kim P.O. (2008) Korea Reference HLW Disposal System, KAERI/TR-3563/ 2008, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, p.205.
- IAEA(International Atomic Energy Agency) (1985) Regulations for the Safe Transport of Radioactive Materials, Vienna, Austria.
- Ku N.K., Roh M.I., Cha J.H. (2012) Calculation of the Dynamic Contact Force between a Shipbuilding Block and Wire Ropes of a Goliath Crane for the Optimal Lug Arrangement, Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 25(5), pp.375-380. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.5.375
- Ku N.K., Roh M.I., Lee K.Y. (2012) Dynamic Constrained Force of Tower Top ad Rotor Shaft of Floating Wind Turbine, Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 25(5), pp.455-463. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.5.455
- Kwon Y.J. (1999) Structural Analysis of Robot Structure Handling Nuclear Fuel Assembly in Liquid Metal Reactor Vessel I: Rigid Body Dynamic Analysis, Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 12(4), pp.573-581.
- Kwon Y.J. (2010) Finite Element Analysis of Transient Heat Transfer in and Around a Deep Geological Repository for a Spent Nuclear Fuel Disposal Canister and the Heat Generation of the Spent Nuclear Fuel, Nuclear Science and Engineering, 164, pp.264-296.
- Kwon Y.J. (2011) Structural Analysis of PWR (pressurized water reactor) Canister for Applied Impact Force Occurring at the Moment of Falling Plumb Down Collision, Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 24(2), pp.211-222.
- Lee J.Y., Cho D.K., Choi H.J., Choi J.W. (2007) Concept of a Korean Reference Disposal System for Spent Fuel, Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 44(12), pp.1565-1573. https://doi.org/10.1080/18811248.2007.9711407
- Pars L.A. (1979) A Treatise on Analytical Dynamics, Ox Bow Press, Woodbridge.
- Routh E.J. (1905) Dynamics of a System of Rigid Bodies (Elementary Part), Macmillan, London.
- Salo J.P., Raiko H. (1990) The Copper/Steel Canister Design for Nuclear Waste Disposal, TVO/KPA Turvallisuus Ja Tekniikka, Work Report 90-10, Rev. 1., Teollisuuden Voima Oy, Helsinki, Finland.
- Shabana A.A. (1985) Substructure Synthesis Methods for Dynamic Analysis of Multi-body Systems, Computers & Structures, 20(4), pp. 737-744. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(85)90035-5
- Shabana A.A. (1989) Dynamics of Multibody Systems, Wiley, New York.
- Shabana A.A. (2010) Computational Dynamics, Wiley, New York.
- Teper W.W., Suave R.G. (1989) Simplified Method for Predicting Impact Loads of Solid-walled Transportation Packagings for Radioactive Materials, Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 111, pp.316-321. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3265681
- Wittenburg J. (1977) Dynamics of Systems of Rigid Bodies, Teubner, Stuttgart.
- Wittenburg J. (2007) Dynamics of Multibody Systems, Springer, New York.
- Zhou W., Apted M.J., Kessler J.H. (2010) The Thermal-hydrological Impact on Increased Spent Fuel Storage Capacity in Yucca Mountain Repository, Nuclear Technology, 170, pp.336-352.