- Volume 13 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Effects of the Fall Prevention Education Program (FPEP) for Caregivers in Elderly Care Facilities on Fall-related Knowledge, Fall-related Burden, and Caring Behaviors for Fall Prevention
노인요양시설 요양보호사를 위한 낙상예방교육프로그램이 낙상관련 지식, 낙상관련 부담감 및 낙상예방 돌봄행위에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2013.09.13
- Accepted : 2013.11.12
- Published : 2013.11.28
The purpose of the study was to examine the effects of the Fall Prevention Education Program (FPEP) on those providing direct care in elderly care facilities regarding fall-related knowledge, fall-related burden, and caring behaviors for fall prevention. The FPEP developed in the study was implemented for 80 minutes per session and four sessions in total. Participants included a total of 47 subjects, 24 in the experimental group and 23 in the control group. The program was implemented from July 16 through August 31, 2012. Data were analyzed using
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention [CDC], Falls among older adults: An Overview, Retrieved December 14, 2012, Available from http://www.cdc.gov/
- L. Z. Rubenstein and K. R. Josephson,, "Falls and their prevention in elderly people: what does the evidence show?," Med Clin North Am, Vol.90, No.5, pp.807-824, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mcna.2006.05.013
- 박은옥, 장인순, "재가노인 낙상환경위험 평가도구 개발" 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제13권, 제5호, pp.354-365, 2013 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.05.354
- R. Tideiksaar, Falls in older people, Health Professions Press, 2010.
- R. Ruchinskas, "Clinical prediction of falls in the elderly," Am J Phys Med Rehabil, Vol.82, No.4, pp.273-278, 2003.
- L. M. Wagner, J. C. Dionne, J. R. Zive and P. A. Rochon, "Fall risk care processes in nursing home facilities," J Am Med Dir Assoc, Vol.12, No.6, pp.426-430, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2010.07.019
- T. G. Fitzgerald, T. Hadjistavropoulos, and Y. C. MacNab, "Caregiver fear of falling and functional ability among seniors residing in long-term care facilities," Gerontology, Vol.55, No.4, pp.460-467, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1159/000221007
- R. Boyd and J. A. Stevens, "Falls and fear of falling: burden, beliefs and behaviours," Age Ageing, Vol.38, No.4, pp.423-428, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afp053
- http:/ www.law.go.kr/main.html
- V. L. Phillips, R. D. Yarmo, and A. E. Hunsaker, "Certified nursing aides' and care assistants' views on falls: insight for creation and implementation of fall prevention programs," J Am Med Dir Assoc, Vol.9, No.3, pp.168-172, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamda.2007.11.012
- M. L. Hook, E. C. Devine, and L. M. Lang, "Using a computerized fall risk assessment process to tailor interventions in acute care," Advances in Patient Safety: New Directions and Alternative Approaches, Vol.1:Assessment, pp.1-19, 2008.
- M. Kuzuya, Y. Masuda, Y. Hirakawa, M. Iwata, H. Enoki, and J. Hasegawa, "Falls of the elderly are associated with burden of caregivers in the community," J Geriatr Psychiatry, Vol.21, No.8, pp.740-745, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.1554
- C. Davey, R. Wiles, A. Ashburn, and C. Murphy, "Falling in Parkinson's disease: the impact on informal caregivers," Disabil Rehabil, Vol.26, No.23, pp.1360-1366, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/09638280400000195
- 신중일, 김훈주, "낙상예방교육을 통한 요양보호사들의 낙상에 대한 지식 및 인식도 연구," 고령자.치매작업치료학회지, 제6권, 제1호, pp.1-10, 2012.
- M. M. Fleck and D. A. Forrester, "The efficacy of an educational program to improve direct caregiver knowledge regarding fall prevention," J For Nurses In Staff Development, Vol.17, No.1, pp.27-33, 2010.
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang, and A. Buchner, G*Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavior Research Methods, Vol.39, No.2, pp.175-191, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- 이은옥, 임난영, 박현애, 이인숙, 김종임, 배정이, 이선미, 간호연구와 통계분석, 수문사, 2009.
- The American Geriatric Society, 2010 AGS/BGS Clinical Practice Guideline: Prevention of falls in older persons summary of recommendations.[internet] Retrieved July 17, 2012, Available from http://www. american-geriatrics.org/files/documents/health care pros/Falls. Summary. Guide. pdf
- Y. Arai, K. Kudo, T. Hosokawa, M. Washino, H. Miura, and S. Hisamichi, "Reliability and validity of the Japanese version the Zarit Caregiver Burden interview," Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences,. Vol.51, pp.281-287, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1819.1997.tb03199.x
- 신경림, 김정선, 신수진, "안전사고 예방프로그램이 저소득 여성노인의 안전사고에 대한 지식, 태도 및 예방행위에 미치는 효과," 한국노년학, 제24권, 제4호, pp.53-67, 2004.
- 국립재활원, 낙상예방체조 동영상, 보건복지가족부 국립재활원, 2011.
- 성남시노인보건센터 교육정보개발부, 편마비 환자와 보호자를 위한 일상생활 동작가이드 DVD, 2011.
- 大田 仁史, 三好 春樹(Hitoshi, Ota. & Miyoshi, Haruki.), 新しい介護 完全圖解. 講談社, 2004.
- 大田 仁史, 三好 春樹(Hitoshi, Ota. & Miyoshi, Haruki.), DVDブック 新しい介護 基本の, 2004.
- W. A. Ray, J. A. Taylor, A. K. Brown, P. Gideon, K. Hall, and P. Arbogast, "Prevention of fall-related injuries in long-term care: a randomized controlled trial of staff education," Arch Intern Med, Vol.165, No.19, pp.2293-2298, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.165.19.2293
- A. Bouwen, J. D. Lepeleire, and F. Buntinx, "Rate of accidental falls in institutionalized older people with and without cognitive impairment halved as a result of a staff-oriented intervention," Age Ageing, Vol.37, No.3, pp.306-310, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afn053
- S. S. Koh, E. Manias, A. M. Hutchinson, S. Donath, and L. Johnston, "Nurses' perceived barriers to the implementation of a fall prevention clinical practice guideline in Singapore hospitals," BMC Health Services Research, 2008. Available from http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6963 /8/105.
- 이은정, 노인요양시설 요양보호사의 근골격계 증상과 관련 요인, 영남대학교 보건학과 석사학위논문, 2011.
- 현일선, 낙상예방 프로그램이 저소득층 노인의 낙상에 대한 지식, 효능감 및 예방행위에 미치는 효과, 계명대학교 간호학과 석사학위논문, 2009.
- 신경림, 신수진, 김정선, 김진영, "낙상예방프로 그램이 저소득 여성노인의 낙상에 대한 지식, 자기효능감, 예방행위 및 우울에 미치는 효과," 대한간호학회지, 제35권, 제1호, pp.104-112, 2005.
- H. A. Deery, L. M. Day, and B. M. Fildes, "An impact evaluation of a fall prevention program among older people," Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol.32, No.2, pp.427-433, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0001-4575(99)00043-3
- 김민영, 입원 노인환자의 낙상에 대한 지식 및 예방 행위, 계명대학교 간호학과 석사학위논문, 2008.
- R. A. Anderson, K. Corazzini, K. Porter, K. Daily, R. R. McDaniel, and C. Colón-Emeric, "CONNECT for quality: protocol of a cluster randomized controlled trial to improve fall prevention in nursing homes," Implement Sci, 2012, Available from http://www.implementat-ionscience.com/ content/7/1/11.
- Fall-related Knowledge and Caring Behaviors for Fall Prevention among Care Workers in Nursing Home vol.21, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2014.21.1.11