- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Body Mass Index, Body Attitude and Clothing Attitude of Women in Their Twenties
20대 여성의 비만도, 신체태도와 의복태도에 관한 연구
- Lee, Juyoung (Dept. of Fashion Design, Soongeui Women's college)
- 이주영 (숭의여자대학교 패션디자인전공)
- Received : 2014.07.28
- Accepted : 2014.11.07
- Published : 2014.12.30
The purpose of this study was to analyze body mass index of women in their twenties and investigate the relationships of body attitude and clothing attitude. To achieve the purposes of this study, a questionnaire was conducted with 398 people from May 2 to May 30, 2013. The final data was analyzed with spss 18.0 program. The results were as follows: First, I found that body attitude had this order: Feeling fat, Lower body fatness, Salience of weight and shape, Attractiveness, Strength and fitness, and Body disparagement Secondly, there were significant differences of body attitude based on demographic characteristics and body mass index. Thirdly, I found that clothing attitude was classified into four factors of Personality pursuit, Body complement, Appearance ostentation, and Social approval. Fourthly, there were significant differences of clothing attitude based on demographic characteristics and body mass index. Fifthly, there were significant relations of body mass index, body attitude, and clothing attitude of women in their twenties. Thus, I found that body mass index and body attitude were related to clothing attitude.
- Choi, W., Kim, S., Moon, S., & Kim, S. (2006). A study on BMI, self-esteem and attitude toward body shape perceived by obese adults, Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 17(4), 502-511.
- Jhun, Y., & Lee, M. (2005). A study of Clothing attitude, body attitude, and social values of adolescent girls. Journal of Korean Society of clothing and Textiles, 29(9). 1219-1229.
- Jun, K. (2002). Clothing Involvement and clothing satisfaction by the awareness of body type: Among middle and high school girls in Seoul. Korean Society of Costume Journal, 52(3), 75-85.
- Jung, M. (2012). The effects of attitudes toward cosmetic surgery, body value inclination, and sociocultural attitudes toward appearance on clothing behavior. Journal of Korean Society of clothing and Textiles, 36(10), 1125-1136. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2012.36.10.1125
- Jung, S., & Chu, M. (2011). The effects of somatotype, self-esteem, body satisfaction and body image on clothing atitude. Journal of Korean Fashion & Costume Design Association, 13(3), 117-133.
- Kang, Y., & Park, H. (2009). The relationship between body image and self-esteem toward appearance care behavior of beauty salon customer. Journal of Korea Cosmetology, 15(1), 363-373.
- Kim, G., Lee, K., & Jung, M. (2001a). The effects of multiple body image on clothing behavior. Journal of Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(2), 358-365.
- Kim, G., Lee, K., & Jung, M. (2001b). The effects of self-esteem and sociocultural attitude toward appearance on clothing behavior. Family and Environment Research, 39(9), 95-102.
- Kim, J., & Jin, S. (2011). Fashion attitude and bag purchase behaviors of males in their 20s-30s. Journal of Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 35(3), 267-280. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2011.35.3.267
- Kim, O. (2002). BMI, body attitude and dieting among college women. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, 14(2), 256-264.
- Kim, O., & Yun, H. (2000). Factors associated with weight control behaviors among high school females with normal body weight. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 30(2), 391-401. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2000.30.2.391
- Kim, S. (2003). The study on body image and lifestyle. Korean Society of Costume Journal, 53(1), 87-98.
- Lee, E. (2003). The effects of psychologic characteristics and appearance attitude on clothing attitude. Korean Living Science Journal, 12(2), 237-251.
- Lee, J.[Juyoung], & Kim, J. (2011). A study on weight control behavior, body attitude, and obesity stress of a women's university students, Journal of Korean Society of Cosmetology, 17(3), 461-467.
- Lee, J.[Juyoung]. (2012). The effects of body image on apparel management behavior and weight control behavior. Journal of Fashion Business, 16(4), 123-136. https://doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2012.16.4.123
- Lee, J.[Jiyoung], & Park, H. (2013). Effects of self-esteem, physical appearance comparison, and media concern on sociocultural attitude toward appearance, body attitudes, and life satisfaction. Journal of Korea Fashion & Costume Design Association, 15(3), 1-17.
- Lee, M. (2009). The relationship among body image, social self concept and clothing behaviors of adolescents. Journal of Korean Society of clothing and Textiles, 33(3). 433-443. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.3.433
- Lee, W. (2004). A study on obesity, body attitude, weight control behavior of high school females (Unpublished master's thesis). Chungang University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lim, K. (2010). A study on the appearance management behavior and clothing benefits of male and female college students: Focused on the effects of value systems and social self-concept. Journal of Korea Fashion & Costume Design Association, 12(4), 29-41.
- Lim, S., Hwang, S., Lee, J., Lee, S., & Yang, Y. (2009). Contemporary costumes social psychology, Seoul: Kyomunsa.
- Mun, H., & Yoo, T. (2003). A study on self-esteem, appearance interest, clothing attitude, and makeup. Korean Society of Costume Journal, 53(4), 101-112.
- Park, E., & Jo, H. (2014). The influence of expected values for appearance management on interest in make-up and cosmetics evaluation criteria. Journals of Fashion Business, 18(1), 22-35. https://doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2014.18.1.22
- Park, E., & Ku, Y. (2008). The effects of consumption value on college students' clothing attitudes. Journal of Fashion Business, 12(5), 141-154.
- Park, S. (1998). Body image and clothing wearing style of women (Unpublished master's thesis). Ewha Women's University, Seoul, Korea.
- Song, K., & Kim, J. (2005). The effects of body-image measured by multi measurements on body modification, self concept, and clothing behavior. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(3), 391-401.
- Yun, D. (2009). Nutritional science. Seoul: Kwangmungak.