- Volume 47 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Changes in Marine Ecosystem according to Climate Change and Fishery
기후변화에 따른 해양생태계 변화와 어업
- Hong, Sun-Kee (Institution for Marine & Island Cultures, Mokpo National University (Mokpo Campus))
- 홍선기 (목포대학교 도서문화연구원)
- Received : 2014.11.23
- Accepted : 2014.12.09
- Published : 2014.12.31
Global climate change is significant issue in marine ecosystem and fishery market. According to rising of both seawater temperature and sea-level, global fishery environment and marine ecosystem are changing drastically. Moreover, over-exploitation in fishery areas is the most important issue in the marine ecosystem conservation. In analysis and statistics of global network, major fish populations are decreasing very fastly, but fish catch are increasing annually. It means balance between product and consume is not appropriate in the global market. China as emerging new fish consumer in the world is strongly developing fishery industry and technology. In this paper, I try to review a relationship between marine ecosystem and climate change in global scale according to references. I also suggested possibility of sustainable global fishery in changing marine ecosystem by analysis of some related reports of international global fishery.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Agnew, D.J., J. Perace, G. Pramod, T. Peatman, R. Watson, J.R. Beddington and T.J. Pitcher. 2009. Estimating the worldwide extend of illegal fishing. PlosOne 4(2): e4570. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0004570. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0004570
- Botsford, L.W., J.C. Castilla and C.H. Peterson. 1997. The Management of Fisheries and Marine Ecosystems. Science 277: 509-515. DOI: 10.1126/science.277.5325.509. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.277.5325.509
- Caldeira, K. and M.E. Wickett. 2003. Anthropogenic carbon and ocean pH. Nature 425(6956): 365-365. https://doi.org/10.1038/425365a
- FAO. 1994. Review of the state of world marine fishery resources. FAO Fisheries Technical Paper 335: 1-136.
- FAO. 2012. The states of the world fisheries and aquaculture (SOFIA) 2012. 230p.
- Francis, R.C. and S.R. Hare. 2004. Decadal-scale regime shifts in the large marine ecosystems of the North-east Pacific: a case for historical science. Fisheries Oceanography 3(4): 279-291.
- Frost, H.P. and P. Anderson. 2006. The Common Fisheries Policy of the European Union and fisheries economics. Marine Policy 30: 737-746. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2006.01.001
- IPCC. 2007a. Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M. Tignor and H.L. Miller (eds.), Cambridge University Press, 996pp. (http://www.ipcc.cj/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/contents.html).
- IPCC. 2007b. Climate Change 2007: Synthesis Report. Contribution of Working Groups, I,II and III to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. IPCC, 104pp.
- Katsukawa, T. 2012. Japanese Problem in Fishery. NTT Publisher, Tokyo. pp.43. (http://katukawa.com)
- Kawaguchi, M. 2013. Sustainability in marine ecosystem. Japan's Economic Outlook. Daiwa Institute of Research 11: 116- 133. (http://www.dir.co.jp/research/report/esg/esg-report/20130902_007619.pdf)
- Maribus. 2010. World Ocean Review. maribus gGmbh, Hamburg, Germany. 232p.
- Maribus. 2013. World Ocean Review. maribus gGmbh, Hamburg, Germany. 143p.
- Matsuda, H. and T. Katsukawa. 2002. Fisheries management based on ecosystem dynamics and feedback control. Fisheries Oceanography 11: 366-370. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2419.2002.00214.x
- Mora, C., R.A. Myers, M. Coll, S. Libralato, T.J. Pitcher, R.U. Sumaila, D. Zeller, R. Watson, K.J. Gaston and B. Worm. 2009. Management Effectiveness of the World's Marine Fisheries. PLoS Biol 7(6): e1000131. DOI:10.1371/journal.pbio.1000131. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.1000131
- Ommer, R.E. 2010. The coasts under stress project: a Canadian case study of interdisciplinary methodology. Environmental Conservation 37: 478-488. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0376892910000731
- Perry, R.I. and R.E. Ommer. 2003. Scale issues in marine ecosystems and human interactions. Fisheries Oceanography 12: 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2419.2003.00210.x
- Worm, B., E.B. Barbier, N. Beaumont, J.E. Duffy, C. Folke, B.S. Halpern, J.B.C. Jackon, H.K. Lotze, F. Micheli, S.R. Palumbi, E. Sala, K.A. Selkoe, J.J. Stachowicz and R. Watson. 2006. Impacts of biodiversity lost on ocean ecosystem service, Science 314: 787-790. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1132294
- Worm, B., R. Hilborn, J.K. Baum, T.A. Branchm, J.S. Collie, C. Costello, M.J. Fogarty, E.A. Fulton, J.F. Hutchings, S. Jennings, O.P. Jensen, H.K. Lotze, P.M. Mace, T.R. McClanahan, C. Minto, S.R. Palumbi, A.M. Parma, D. Ricard, A.A. Rosenberg, R. Watson and D. Zeller. 2009. Rebuilding global fisheries. Science 325: 578-585. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1173146