- Volume 38 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Implementation and Validation of EtherCAT Support in Integrated Development Environment for Synchronized Motion Control Application
동기 모션 제어 응용을 위한 통합개발환경의 EtherCAT 지원 기능 구현 및 검증
- Lee, Jongbo (Dept. of Mechanical and Information Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Kim, Chaerin (Dept. of Mechanical and Information Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Kim, Ikhwan (Dept. of Mechanical and Information Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Kim, Youngdong (Dept. of Mechanical and Information Engineering, University of Seoul) ;
- Kim, Taehyoun (Dept. of Mechanical and Information Engineering, University of Seoul)
- 이종보 (서울시립대학교 기계정보공학과) ;
- 김채린 (서울시립대학교 기계정보공학과) ;
- 김익환 (서울시립대학교 기계정보공학과) ;
- 김영동 (서울시립대학교 기계정보공학과) ;
- 김태현 (서울시립대학교 기계정보공학과)
- Received : 2013.09.03
- Accepted : 2013.11.12
- Published : 2014.02.01
Recently, software-based programmable logic controller (PLC) systems, which are implemented in standard PLC languages on general hardware, are gaining popularity because they overcome the limitations of classical hardware PLC systems. Another noticeable trend is that the use of integrated development environment (IDE) is becoming important. IDEs can help developers to easily manage the growing complexity of modern control systems. Furthermore, industrial Ethernet, e.g. EtherCAT, is becoming widely accepted as a replacement for conventional fieldbuses in the distributed control domain because it offers favorable features such as short transmission delay, high bandwidth, and low cost. In this paper, we implemented the extension of open source IDE, called Beremiz, for developing EtherCAT-based real-time, synchronized motion control applications. We validated the EtherCAT system management features and the real-time responsiveness of the control function by using commercial EtherCAT drives and evaluation boards.
Supported by : 서울시립대학교
- IEC, 2003, "IEC 61131-3 2nd Programmable Controllers-Part 3: Programming languages."
- Felser, M., 2005, "Real-Time Ethernet - Industry Prospective," Proc. of the IEEE, Vol. 93, No. 6, pp. 1118-1129. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2005.849720
- EtherCAT Technology Group, 2011, "EtherCAT Communication."
- TwinCAT - PLC and Motion Control on the PC, http://www.beckhoff.com/english.asp?twincat/.
- CODESYS - Industrial IEC 61131-3 PLC Programming, http://www.codesys.com/.
- Kim, I. and Kim, T., 2012, "Employing Open-source Software for Development of Open Industrial Automation Systems," Proc. of the KSME IT Convergence Division Spring conference, pp. 139-140.
- Tisserant, E., Bessard, L. and Sousa, M., 2007, "An Open Source IEC 61131-3 Integrated Development Environment," Proc. of the 5th IEEE Conference on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), Vol. 1, pp. 183-187.
- IgH, IgH EtherCAT Master for Linux, http://www.etherlab.org/.
- Catalan, C., Serma, F., Civera, T., Blesa, A. and Rams, J. M., 2011, "Control Design for Machine Tools Using Domiciano, an IDE Based on Software Components.," Proc. of the 16th IEEE Conference on Emerging Technologies & Factory Automation (ETFA), p. 1-4.
- Kwon, S., Cho, H. and Shin, D., 2010, "Software Development Environment Design in Robot Device Operation Based on IEC61131-3," Proc. of the 12th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), Vol. 2, pp. 1216-1219.
- Estevez, E., Marcos, M. and Orive, D., 2006, "Building PLC Automation Projects from IEC 61131-3 Software Architecture," Proc. of the 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Factory Communication Systems (WFCS), pp. 362-367.
- Lee, J., Kim, C., Kim, I. and Kim, T., 2013, "Design and Implementation of EtherCAT Plug-In for IEC 61131-3 Compliant PLC Application IDE," Proc. of the KSME IT Convergence Division Spring conference, pp. 41-42.
- EtherCAT Technology Group Std., 2013, "ETC.2000: EtherCAT Slave Information Specification v.126.96.36.199."
- EtherCAT Technology Group Std., 2012, "ETG.6010: Implementation Directive for CiA402 Drive Profile v.1.0.0."
- CAN in Automation (CiA): CANOpen, http://www.can-cia.de/index.php?id=canopen/.
- Seo, S., Yoo, P. and Sung, M., 2012, "Performance Evaluation of EtherCAT Distributed Clock for Networked Automation Systems," Proc. of the KSME IT Convergence Division Spring Conference, pp. 141-142.
- Evaluation of EtherCAT Clock Synchronization in Distributed Control Systems vol.38, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.7.785