- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Community Structure and Environmental Factors of the Major Type of Pinus densiflora Populations in Korea
우리나라 소나무 주요유형지별 식생구조와 환경요인
- Yoon, Jung Won (Department of landscape Architecture, Graduate School, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Yong Shik (Department of landscape Architecture, Yeungnam University) ;
- Kim, Gi Song (Department of landscape Architecture, Graduate School, Yeungnam University) ;
- Sung, Jung Won (Department of landscape Architecture, Graduate School, Yeungnam University) ;
- Park, Ki Hwan (Department of landscape Architecture, Graduate School, Yeungnam University) ;
- Lee, Chang Hyun (Department of landscape Architecture, Graduate School, Yeungnam University) ;
- Shin, Hyun Tak (Korea National Arboretum) ;
- Yi, Myung Hoon (Department of landscape Architecture, Graduate School, Yeungnam University)
- 윤정원 (영남대학교 대학원 조경학과) ;
- 김용식 (영남대학교 조경학과) ;
- 김기송 (영남대학교 대학원 조경학과) ;
- 성정원 (영남대학교 대학원 조경학과) ;
- 박기환 (영남대학교 대학원 조경학과) ;
- 이창현 (영남대학교 대학원 조경학과) ;
- 신현탁 (국립수목원) ;
- 이명훈 (영남대학교 대학원 조경학과)
- Received : 2013.04.05
- Accepted : 2013.12.17
- Published : 2014.02.28
The populations of Pinus densiflora in South Korea were grouped into 4 types; Community of Pinus densiflora-Quercus serrata, Community of Pinus densiflora-Quercus mongolica, Community of Pinus densiflora-Fraxinus sieboldiana & Rhus javanica & Quercus mongolica and Community of Pinus densiflora-Prunus sargentii & Rhododendron mucronulatum. The Shannon diversity index was varied between 0.9171 and 1.5016, while the Similarity index was varied between 43.18 and 72.16. The species of Pinus densiflora are correlated positively significant with Carex humilis var. nana, Quercus serrata and Atractylodes ovata and negatively significant with Aster scaber and Sorbus alnifolia in order. According to the Correlation analysis, the relationship between the distribution of Pinus densiflora populations and the environment factors are closely related with the character of forest soil. Thus types for Pinus densiflora are differed. pH, Ex. K and Ex. Ca of Pinus densiflora populations effect No. of species and H'(shannon index). Canopy open effects No. of Individuals of Pinus densiflora community.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ahn IS. 2012. Analysis of Vegetation Structure and Development of the Community Planting Models Based on the Ecotype of the Pinus densiflora S. et Z. in Korea. Ph. D. diss., University of Seoul.
- Braun-Blanquet J. 1964. Pflanzensoziologie; Grundzuge der Vegetationskunde. Springer-Verlag, New York, pp 865.
- Choi JW, Kwak JI, Lee KJ, Choi WK. 2009. A Study for Plant Community Structure and Management Plan of Pinus densiflora Forest in Byeonsanbando National Park. Korean Journal Environment Ecology 23: 447-459.
- Choi SH, Kim JH. 2004. The Analysis of Forest Ecosystem in Wangpicheon Area, Uljin-gun, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea. Korean Society Environment Ecology 17: 153-168.
- Curtis JT, McIntosh RP. 1951. An Upland Forest Continuum in the Prairie-Forest Border Region of Wisconsin. Ecology 32: 476-496. https://doi.org/10.2307/1931725
- Cho HJ, Lee CB. 2011. Vegetation Types and Diversity Patterns of Pinus densiflora Forests in South Korea. Journal Korean Forestry Society 100: 118-123.
- Jo JC, Cho W, Han BH. 1995. The Plant Community Structure of Pinus densiflorain Forest in Chuwangsan National Park. Korean Society Environment Ecology 8: 121-134.
- Kim JG, Kim BK, Lee SK, Kim JC, Han SS, Cha BJ. 2012a. Research Article: Distribution of Bursaphelenchus xylophilus in Naturally Infected Pinus densiflora and P. koraiensis and Migration of B. xylophilus in Artificially Inoculated P. densiflora Seedlings. Korean Society Plant Pathology 18: 101-108.
- Kim JH, Choi SH, Cho W, Sung CY. 2012b. Vegetation Structure of Pinus densiflora Community for Conservation and Restoration of Tricholoma matsutake. Korean Society Environment Ecology 26: 730-740.
- Kim YM, Hong YP, Ahn JY, Park JI. 2012c. Mating System of Japanese Red Pines in Seed Orchard Using DNA Markers. Korean Journal of Plant Resources 25: 63-71. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2012.25.1.063
- Kim YS, Shin HT, Kang SK, Yoon JW, Kim GS, Sung JW, Park KH, Kim EJ, Yi MH. 2011. Community Structure and Ecological Character of Berchemia berchemiaefolia Populations in Gyeongsangbuk-do, Korea. The Journal of Korean Institute of Forest Recreation 15: 1-10.
- Kong WS. 2004. Species Composition and Distribution of Native Korean Conifers. Journal of the Korean Geographical Society 39: 528-543.
- Korean Agricultural Information Institution. 2006. Management of Pinus densiflora. Seoul, Korea. pp 366.
- Lee CS, Lee WK, Yoon JH, Song CC. 2006. Distribution Pattern of Pinus densiflora and Quercus Spp. Stand in Korea Using Spatial Statistics and GIS. Journal of Korean Forestry Society 95: 663-671.
- Lee JH, Hong SC. 2004. Community Types and Population Structures of Pinus densiflora Forest around the Bulyeongsa Valley in Uljin-gun Southeastern Korea. Journal of Korean Forestry Society 93: 59-66.
- Lim KB. 2001. Pinus densiflora. Daewonsa. Seoul, Korea. pp 144.
- Lee KJ, Yim KB, Jo JC, Ryu CH. 1990. Studies on the Structure of the Forest Community in Mt. Sokri(I) - The Conservation Planning of Pinus densiflora Community -. Korean Society of Environment and Ecology 4: 23-32.
- Lee KJ, Han BH, Lee OH. 1998. Vegetation Structure Analysis and Ecological Distance of Pinus densiflora Community in Chayang-chon Area, Soraksan National Park. Korean Society of Environment and Ecology 11: 493-505.
- Lee KJ, Han BH, Lee HG, Noh TH. 2012. Management Planning and Change for Nineteen Years 1993 2011) of Plant Community of the Pinus densiflora Set Z. Forest in Namhan Mountain Fortress, Korea. Korean Society of Environment and Ecology 26: 559-575.
- Lee KJ, Ki KS, Choi JW. 2009. Vegetation Succession and Vegetation Management of the Pinus densiflora S. et Z. Forest in the Beopjusa Area, Songnisan National Park. Korean Society of Environment and Ecology 23: 208-219.
- Lee KJ, Cho W, Han BH. 1996. Plant Community Structure of Pinus densiflora Forests in Odaesan National Park. Korean Society of Environment and Ecology 9: 115-125.
- Ludwig JA, Reynolds JF. 1998. Statistical ecology: a primer on methods and computing. John Wiley & Sons Publication, New York, pp 337.
- Reich PB, Machado JL. 1999. Evaluation of several measures of canopy openness as predictors of photosynthetic photon flux density in deeply shaded conifer-dominated forest understory. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 29: 1438-1444. https://doi.org/10.1139/x99-102
- Park IH, Lee SM. 1990. Biomass and net production of Pinus densiflora natural forests of four local forms in Korea. Journal of Korean Forestry Society 79: 196-204.
- Park SG, Yi MH, Yoon JW, Si HT. 2012. Environmental Factors and Growth Properties of Sasa borealis (Hack.) Makino Community and Effect its Distribution on the Development of Lower Vegetation in Jirisan National Park. Korean Journal of Environment and Ecology 26: 82-90.
- Uyeki H. 1928. On the physioggromy of Pinus densiflora growing in Corea and silvicultural treatment for its improvement. Bulletin of the Agricultural and Forestry College Suigen (Suwon). Korea 3: 263.
- Whittaker RH. 1956. Vegetation of the Great Smoky Mountain. Ecological Monographs. 26: 1-80. https://doi.org/10.2307/1943577