- Volume 38 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of Multi-Body Dynamics Simulator for Bio-Mimetic Motion in Lizard Robot Design
도마뱀 로봇 설계를 위한 생체운동 모사 다물체 동역학 시뮬레이터 개발
- Park, Yong-Ik (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.,) ;
- Seo, Bong Cheol (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.,) ;
- Kim, Sung-Soo (Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.,) ;
- Shin, Hocheol (Robot Technology Team, Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.04.26
- Accepted : 2014.04.10
- Published : 2014.06.01
In this study, a multibody simulator was developed to analyze the bio-mimetic motion of a lizard robot design. A RecurDyn multibody dynamics model of a lizard was created using a micro-computerized tomography scan and motion capture data. The bio-mimetic motion simulator consisted of a trajectory generator, an inverse kinematics module, and an inverse dynamics module, which were used for various walking motion analyses of the developed lizard model. The trajectory generation module produces spinal movements and gait trajectories based on the lizard's speed. Using the joint angle history from an inverse kinematic analysis, an inverse dynamic analysis can be carried out, and the required joint torques can be obtained for the lizard robot design. In order to investigate the effectiveness of the developed simulator, the required joint torques of the model were calculated using the simulator.
Supported by : 원자력연구원
- Dai, Z. D. and Sun J. R., 2007, "A Biomimetic Study of Discontinuous-Constraint Metamorphic Mechanism for Gecko-Like Robot," Journal of Bionic Engineering 4, pp. 091-095. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1672-6529(07)60019-5
- Zaaf, A., Van Damme, R., Herrel, A. and Aerts, P., 2001, "Spatio-Temporal gait Characteristics of Level and Vertical Locomotion in A Ground-Dwelling and A Climbing Gecko," Journal of Experimental Biology 204, pp. 1233-1246.
- RecurDyn user's manual 2012, Function Bay Incorporation.
- Park, Y. I., Kim, S. S., Shin, H. C., Kim, C. H. and Kim, S. O., 2012, "Development of Bio-Mimetic Multibody Kinematic Model with Motion Capture Data," Proceedings of the KSME Fall Annual Meeting.
- Kim, S. S., Park, Y. I., Seo, B. C. and Shin, H. C., 2013, "A Study on the Bio-Mimetic Motion for the Reptile Robot Simulation Model," Proceedings of 7th World Congress on Biomimetics, Artificial Muscles and Nano-Bio (BAMN2013).
- Inagaki, K. and Kobayashi, H., 1993, "A Gati Transition for Quadruped Walking Machine," Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 525-531.
- John, H. M. and Kurtis, D. F., 2004, Numerical Methods Using Matlab - Fourth Edition, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, pp. 280-290.
- Hirose, S., 1993, Biologically Inspired Robot : Snake-Like Locomotors and Manipulators, A Oxford University Press.
- Shin, H. C., Kwon, J. J., Seo, B. C., Kim, T. W. and Kim, S. S., 2013, "Development of Snake Robot Based on Multi-Body Dynamics Simulation," Proceeding of Multibody Dynamics, pp. 797-803.
- Lim, C. S. and Lim, Y. W., 2010, "The Experimental Study on the Transient Brake Time of Vehicles by Road Pavement and Friction Coefficient," Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.30, No.6, pp. 587-597.