- Volume 26 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Seismic Performance of High Strength Steel(HSA800) Beam-to-Column Connections with Improved Horizontal Stiffener
개량수평스티프너를 보강한 고강도강(HSA800) 접합부 내진성능평가
- Oh, Sang Hoon (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Hae Yong (Dept. of Architectural Engineering, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2014.04.11
- Accepted : 2014.07.25
- Published : 2014.08.27
As the height and beam span of buildings built in the construction market increase, increasingly higher quality is being required of the construction materials. In response to this trend, 800MPa tensile strength class steel was developed in domestic company. Currently, experiments applying flexural member, compression member, and connections are continuously conducted, but a design guideline for high strength steel has yet to be established. Among those construction materials, for the high strength steel beam-to-column connections, the evaluation of implementing ductile connections for the high strength steel beam-to-column connections is producing pessimistic results and the number of related researches is inadequate because of the high yield ratio, which is the characteristic of high strength steel. This study on implementation of ductile connections made of high strength steel was conducted using the connection detail as the variable, for the purpose of enhancing the deformation capacity of high strength steel beam-to-column connections. Cyclic loading test and nonlinear finite element analysis were conducted with full-scale mock-up connection models with the applied connection details. As a result, the structural performance of high-strength steel beam-to-column connection with presented detail was contented with demand of Special Moment Frames of KBC standard.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- Galambos, T.V., Hajjar, J.F., and Earls, C.J. (1997) Required Properties of High-Performance Steels, Report No. NISTIR 6004, NIST.
- Bjorhovde, R. (2004) Development and Use of High Performance Steel, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol.60, pp.393-400. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-974X(03)00118-4
- Green, P.G. (2000) The Inelastic Behavior of Flexural Members Fabricated from High Performance Steel, Ph.D. Dissertation, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA.
- 이철호, 한규홍, 김대경, 박창희, 김진호, 이승은, 하태휴 (2012) 800MPa급 고강도강 보 부재의 국부좌굴 및 비탄성 거동, 한국강구조학회 논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제24권, 제4호, pp.479-490. (Lee, C.H., Han, K.H., Kim, D.K., Park, C.H., Kim, J.H., Lee, S.E., and Ha, T.H. (2012) Local Buckling and Inelastic Behavior of 800MPa High-Strength Steel Beams, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.24, No.4, pp.479-490 (in Korean)). https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2012.24.4.479
- 이철호, 김대경, 한규홍, 김진호, 이승은, 하태휴(2012) 고강도강재 단주의 압축강도 및 잔류응력 평가, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제24권, 제1호, pp.23-34. (Lee, C.H., Kim, D.K., Han, K.H., Kim, J.H., Lee, S.E., and Ha, T.H. (2012) Compressice Strenth and Residual Stress Evaluation of Stub Columns Fabricated of High Strength Steel, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.24, No.1, pp.23-34 (in Korean)). https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2012.24.1.023
- 이철호, 김대경, 한규홍, 박창희, 김진호, 이승은, 김도환 (2013) HSA800 후판재의 맞댐용접부 인장강도 실험, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제25권, 제4호, pp.431-440. (Lee, C.H., Kim, D.K., Han, K.H., Park, C.H., Kim, J.H., Lee, S.E., and Kim, D.H. (2013) Tensile Testing of Groove Welded Joints Joining Thick-HSA800 Plates, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.25, No.4, pp.431-440 (in Korean)). https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2013.25.4.431
- Chen, S.J. (2001) Design of Ductile Seismic Moment Connections, Increased Beam Section Method and Reduced Beam Section Method, Steel Structure, pp.44-52.
- Engelhardt, M.D., Fry, G.T., Jones, S., Venti, M., and Holiday, S. (2000) Behavior and Design of Radius-Cut, Reduced Beam Section Connections, SAC Background Document SAC/BD-00/17, SAC Joint Venture, Richmod, CA.
- Uang, C.M. and Bondad, D. (1996) Static Cyclic Testing of Pre-Northridge and Haunch Repaired Steel Moment Connections, Report No. SSRP-96/02 (Final Report to SAC), Univ. of California, San Diego, Calif.
- Sophianopoulos, D.S. and Deri, A.E. (2011) Parameter Affecting Response and Design of Steel Moment Frame Reduced Beam Section Connections: An Overview, International Journal of Steel Structures, IZOSS, Vol.11, No.2, pp.133-144. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13296-011-2003-5
- 오상훈, 최영재, 윤성기, 이동규(2010) SN강재가 사용된 강구조 용접모멘트 접합부의 내진성능평가, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제22권, 제3호, pp.271-280. (Oh, S.H., Choi, Y.J., Yoon, S.K., and Lee, D.G. (2010) Evaluating Seismic Performance of Steel Welded Moment Connections Fabricated with SN Steel, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.22, No.3, pp.271-280 (in Korean)).
- Lee, C.H. and Kim, J.H. (2007) Seismic Design of Reduced Beam Section Steel Moment Connections with Bolted web Attachment, Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol.63, No.4, pp.522-531. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2006.06.030
- 오상훈, 김영주(2008) 철골모멘트접합부의 내진보강에 관한 해석적 연구, 한국강구조학회논문집, 한국강구조학회, 제20권, 제3호, pp.445-454. (Oh, S.H. and Kim, Y.J. (2008) Analytical Study for Seismic Retrofit of SMRFs Connections, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, KSSC, Vol.20, No.3, pp.445-454 (in Korean)).
- SAC Joint Venture (2000) Recommended Seismic Design Criteria for New Steel Moment-Frame Buildings, FEMA-350.
- Eurocode 8 (2003) Final Draft of Eurocode 8: Design of Structures for Earthquake Resistance. - Part 1: European Committee for Standardization.
- AISC (2010) Specification for Structural Steel Buildings, American Institute of Steel Construction, USA
- 日本建築學會(2001) 鋼構造接合設計指針 (AIJ (2001) Steel Pipe Construction Manual, Architectural Institute of Japan (in Japanese)).
- 대한건축학회(2009) 건축구조설계기준 및 해석(KBC 2009), 기문당. (AIK (2009) Korea building code and commentary - structural, Architectural Institute of Korea (in Korean)).
- ANSYS (2011) ANSYS Multiphysics, Version 13.0, ANSYS Inc., Canonsburg, PA, USA.